PDA

View Full Version : How much Protien

okohme
06-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Okay, this is really stupid and I allready sort of know the answer but here goes.
I am vegetarian so getting enough protien can be tricky. I can do it, it just involves eating more than I am used too, by quite alot I think.
My questions is this: In my research I ahve found information that would suggest that I should be getting like 90 grams of protein a day, more if I am strength training. Does this sound right to anyone? I mean, that seems like an aweful lot.
My follow up question is that if I am not getting enough protein will that inhibit my progression?

colinoday
06-28-2006, 11:36 AM
Depends on bodyweight. The most popular equasion is 1gram per pound of bodyweight. There are vegan protein drinks available - mostly soy but also rice protein and some other, more obsure concoctions. I would stick with soy b/c of it's complete protein profile. Also, including amaranth and quinoa in you meals will help (again b/c of complete proteins).

okohme
06-28-2006, 11:46 AM
1 gram per lb.. damn... I have been getting around half my nessisary protein then, it would seem.... good to know....