PDA

View Full Version : fruits for fat loss

sharaabi
06-27-2006, 07:46 PM
i know for fat loss its all about 1. a good diet, 2. cardio and 3. a good lifting routine.

this is what i HAVE NOTICED WITH 100% CONFIDENCE:

1. when i DO not eat any fruits througout the day I get hungry, sometimes go on binges and ALWAYS CRAVE SUGAR.

2. whenever i put a peeled grapefruit or orange in the blender with ice and splenda and have 2 of those a day, I CAN PRETYY MUCH CONTROL anything i eat.

my questions:

1. will eating too much fruit effect my fat loss?
2. even if i add my daily calorie from fruit and it usually adds to 50-60grams of sugar, IS THIS GOOD SUGAR THAT WONT MESS WITH MY FAT LOSS ?
3. has any of you incorporated fruits in ur quest to CUT and had success??

dbx
06-27-2006, 07:57 PM
1. will eating too much fruit effect my fat loss?

Yes. Too much of anything is not good :)

2. even if i add my daily calorie from fruit and it usually adds to 50-60grams of sugar, IS THIS GOOD SUGAR THAT WONT MESS WITH MY FAT LOSS ?

You don't want that many CArbs from simple sugars. Complex carbs are very important.

3. has any of you incorporated fruits in ur quest to CUT and had success??

Eating fruit during cutting is perfectly fine. Fruit is great fiber as well, but again, you don't want too many simple carbs.

masterPE
06-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Just count it up with your daily calories and you'll be all right. Sounds like something that would be a nice energy boost pre-workout. If it keeps your sweet tooth in check, go for it.

sharaabi
06-27-2006, 08:27 PM
i try to keep my protein 180g, carbs between 150-250 and fat 50-70g.... so do you think as long as i am in that range with teh carb, those siimple sugars wont effect anything?

thanks in advance

Jim_Gym
06-27-2006, 10:37 PM
Fruit is awesome. I cut for about six months, zig-zagging my calories and carbs and kept lifting really hard and finally reached <6% body fat at thirty-seven years of age without losing any of the muscles I gained last year, all while eating a few pieces of fruit every day. Now I don't bother counting calories anymore, I am probably eating near maintenance but am still losing a little fat and getting more defined due too my continued heavy lifting and running. I eat my fruit earlier in the day- bananas or an orange for breakfast, watermelon or grapes with my whey shake and oats post-workout, and then an apple and/or blueberries with my third or fourth meals. Then I switch to veggies for my evening meals. Works well for me.

dbx
06-28-2006, 05:26 AM
i try to keep my protein 180g, carbs between 150-250 and fat 50-70g.... so do you think as long as i am in that range with teh carb, those siimple sugars wont effect anything?

thanks in advance

Sharaabi, I pretty much already answered this question in my first post. Fruit is VERY good for you, but just don't eat a basket full daily :) Also, Jim_gym's post about when to eat those fruits is something I agree with also.