PDA

View Full Version : california roll sushi

armz_ha
06-27-2006, 03:38 PM
guys, I just un-supposedly ate 8 california sushi rolls. I'm cutting right now and don't know if this is meal is detrimental to my cutting efforts.

How many calories does 8 california roll sushi contain?

steelo79
06-27-2006, 04:05 PM
lol, how do you accidentally shove 8 sushi rolls in your mouth? anyways, between the 8 of them, you ate between 400-500 calories. there's not much protein in those rolls (maybe 10 grams between the 8 of 'em), and there's a bunch of carbs and sodium. you probably had over 1500mg of sodium, and like 70 grams of carbs. and if you dipped 'em in soy sauce, consider the sodium close to 2,000mg. definitely NOT the best thing to eat on a cutting diet.

boyscouT
06-27-2006, 05:42 PM
lol, how do you accidentally shove 8 sushi rolls in your mouth? anyways, between the 8 of them, you ate between 400-500 calories. there's not much protein in those rolls (maybe 10 grams between the 8 of 'em), and there's a bunch of carbs and sodium. you probably had over 1500mg of sodium, and like 70 grams of carbs. and if you dipped 'em in soy sauce, consider the sodium close to 2,000mg. definitely NOT the best thing to eat on a cutting diet.
I have no idea where you got your nutrition content for those rolls...

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Appetizers/CaliforniaRoll.htm

California roll: 266 calories, 8.5g fat, 36g carbs, 11.375g protein

steelo79
06-27-2006, 05:51 PM
how do you know that's for 8 ROLLS. it doesn't specify quantity. plus, those rolls are made WITHOUT cream-cheese. a lot of california rolls are made with cream cheese. i've researched sushi rolls before - due to the fact that i eat 'em from time to time - and the AVERAGE nutritional breakdown, is about what i mentioned.

::EDIT::
o wow, lookie what i just found :) :
http://www.dietfacts.com/html/items/17980.htm

povcity
06-27-2006, 06:40 PM
those rolls are made WITHOUT cream-cheese. a lot of california rolls are made with cream cheese. i've researched sushi rolls before -

if it has cream cheese in it, its called a philadelphia roll.

tweaked17
06-27-2006, 06:54 PM
california rolls are prob one of the best sushi choices you can make - since you're cutting, estimate that you had a decent serving of rice. other than that, the salmon and avacado (if i remember correctly - this is the only sushi I eat) has healthy fat and a decent amount of protein.

edit: doh, I think i'm thinking of alaska rolls