PDA

View Full Version : Cellulite

Heather6869
06-27-2006, 07:33 AM
Hi!

I wasn't sure which thread to post this in but need some help or advise.
Since I started working out it seems my cellulite has gotten worse on the backs of my thighs. They defintley feel firmer but it seems the cellulite is more visable. I even notice some on the front of my thighs.
Im not overweight or have high body fat (5'6, 125lbs 22% BF) and have a pretty clean diet. Help!

txssweetie
06-27-2006, 09:46 AM
Unfortunately, there's nothing much you can do for cellulite =/. I've heard that circulation techniques may help it a little, but other than that, I don't know. Also, cellulite has nothing to do with how much fat you have. I've seen a lot of it on girls that are 100lbs! I'm still waiting for a miracle to be discovered for it. :)

MsFit
06-27-2006, 09:57 AM
Mostly trapped toxins. You will see skinny girls with celluilte as well as those overweight. The right diet, detox, training, and such will get rid of cellulite (http://www.theelitephysique.com/cellulite/index.htm).

Heather6869
06-27-2006, 11:42 AM
What type of diet or should I be following? I usually follow a 40/30/30 plan.

MsFit
06-27-2006, 12:01 PM
What type of diet or should I be following? I usually follow a 40/30/30 plan.

It's not necessarily in your macro breakdown, but it's in the quality of your food. Mainstream as so many products labeled "fat-free," "sugar-free," "carb-free," "healthy," etc. and many people think these man-made food imitation items are good for them, or actually healthy. They are the leading contributor of weight gain, cellulite, and acidosis. If it's not from Mother Nature, it's not the best choice for fat loss, health, cellulite, or muscle gain.

Thuirwyne
06-27-2006, 12:29 PM
Thanks Ms. Fit for reminding us...I bet if you looked at the ladies pre-food processing, they may have had some fat, but didn't have the cellulite.

Look for "100% orgainic,"or at least "organic" (95%). It's hard enough getting down the macro intake and necessary supplements, but once you make the extra tweek on trying to go mostly toxin-free in your intake, you will notice a difference!

zutons
06-28-2006, 03:11 AM
Circulation to the area may help.

Purchase a body brush from e.g The Body Shop. Use in the shower - start with the legs, massage using the brush, brush from bottom upwards, then the arms, brush towards heart, etc. If it does not help with the cellulite, it gives the body a great glow.

Heather6869
07-21-2006, 07:24 AM
Here are some pictures of the front and back of my legs, they need work I know. Since I started drinking more water and doing the epilitical they have improved some. Last time I got my body fat measured it was around 13 % but I don't think I look 13%. My tantra at home says im 22% but when I got it done at my workout place it was 14 % in April and 13.5 % two weeks ago.

Gibson Girl
07-21-2006, 07:42 AM
I know where you are coming from Heather6869

I have the same problem. I started doing HIIT on the treadmill, elliptical and the bike (which I am struggling to stay on for 30 minutes). I post an ad about cellulite also and got some great responses. I took the advice and have start seeing a little result. I order a bottle of yohimbime topical and I will tell you how it works for me.

Here are some pictures of the front and back of my legs, they need work I know. Since I started drinking more water and doing the epilitical they have improved some. Last time I got my body fat measured it was around 13 % but I don't think I look 13%. My tantra at home says im 22% but when I got it done at my workout place it was 14 % in April and 13.5 % two weeks ago.