PDA

View Full Version : Females, please help

beby24
06-26-2006, 12:59 PM
Hello ladies,
I am new to this forum and I am happy to have found it, I have read so much that I am now confused and am not sure how to go about just making a choice. I am 5'9 and my weight is 195, I have been going to the gym for a year now and have lost 40 lbs. I do get a little discorage at times because I wanted to reach my goal by now however I am happy I have lost about 5 inches on my Thighs. Anyway to get to the point I have not lost any weight in a couple of months now. I want to do more weight training but am confuse as to what to do, I read some that say do high reps lower weights and then I hear do high weight lower reps if you want to lose weight, so can someone please help. Where can i find a work out that would work for me? I want to lose 40 more lbs but tone, I have seen changes in my body, my arms are nice, so it worked before but now i need a change to really get me going and motivated again. Thanks in advance.
Trish

MsFit
06-26-2006, 01:32 PM
I read some that say do high reps lower weights and then I hear do high weight lower reps if you want to lose weight, so can someone please help. Where can i find a work out that would work for me? I want to lose 40 more lbs but tone, I have seen changes in my body, my arms are nice, so it worked before but now i need a change to really get me going and motivated again. Thanks in advance.
Trish

Fat loss is in diet and added cardio. High reps and light weight won't make you lose fat or get you "cut." Weight training is only a stimulus for muscle growth to occur, provided you eat right and rest. Fat loss is in the diet.

Be sure to eat as natural as possible, and cycle your carbs.

rayteresa4
06-26-2006, 01:45 PM
I think you might receive more suggestions by posting all of your meals for a day or two, and exactly what you do for workouts - type of exercise, reps etc. As MsFit stated, fat/weight loss is in your diet, and cardio, more than weight training - although weight training helps to burn fat, that will not do as you have indicated you want. Be sure to list your very specific goals as well.

beby24
06-27-2006, 10:51 AM
My breakfast usually is oatmeal, i get those instant ones with no sugar and i have to have it with milk, cant do the water. I do skim milk - 8am
then about 10:30 or 11 i eat a plain vanilla yogurt and add some natural granola with fruit and nuts.
For lunch ( 12-1pm) is usually a salad with chicken, or I will have a sandwich, Whole wheat bread with turkey (deli) I will also add one slice of mozarella cheese or i will have 2 small whole wheat wraps, they are 50 calories each with 4 gms of dietary fiber. If i dont have bread i will have the wraps. I also have some kind of fruit, plum, peach or another yogurt, i get the light yougurts only 110 calories. I also drink water all day, i am not a soda drinker...then i dont know why but around 3 I get hungry, i eat some penut butter crackers and more water.
It really feels like i think about food way too much now that i have to really watch what i eat. I love penut butter and when i get those cravings it seems to help me not lose it...
About 5 i will have a whey protein shake which is about 200 calories once i make it with skim milk. I just cant do it with water, i rather not drink it. Sometimes i might not take a protein shake...then i am off to the gym
I get to the gym about 6 once i am done picking up my kids and taking them with me, then i dont get home till about 8 and that is when i get somethign to eat again, usually a salad with tuna or a tuna wrap...or if i have prepared the day before, some brown rice with chicken...

chevellezgirl
07-03-2006, 04:08 PM
i was 235 pounds and now i am down to 150. i stopped losing weight about a year ago and gave up. luckily i gained only 10 pounds and started back in february again. this time i had visited websites and learned more. i decided that changing up my routine every day (and not doing the same ol thing) helped. ALOT! i watch my diet very closely and i keep going. just because you dont lose as much as quickly, you will notice your body will become more toned. and i always hit the weights. whether i do cardio or not. :)

J.Bo
07-03-2006, 08:40 PM
My breakfast usually is oatmeal, i get those instant ones with no sugar and i have to have it with milk, cant do the water. I do skim milk - 8am
then about 10:30 or 11 i eat a plain vanilla yogurt and add some natural granola with fruit and nuts.
For lunch ( 12-1pm) is usually a salad with chicken, or I will have a sandwich, Whole wheat bread with turkey (deli) I will also add one slice of mozarella cheese or i will have 2 small whole wheat wraps, they are 50 calories each with 4 gms of dietary fiber. If i dont have bread i will have the wraps. I also have some kind of fruit, plum, peach or another yogurt, i get the light yougurts only 110 calories. I also drink water all day, i am not a soda drinker...then i dont know why but around 3 I get hungry, i eat some penut butter crackers and more water.
It really feels like i think about food way too much now that i have to really watch what i eat. I love penut butter and when i get those cravings it seems to help me not lose it...
About 5 i will have a whey protein shake which is about 200 calories once i make it with skim milk. I just cant do it with water, i rather not drink it. Sometimes i might not take a protein shake...then i am off to the gym
I get to the gym about 6 once i am done picking up my kids and taking them with me, then i dont get home till about 8 and that is when i get somethign to eat again, usually a salad with tuna or a tuna wrap...or if i have prepared the day before, some brown rice with chicken...

You should try to eat a protein w/ every meal. Like w/ your oats in the morn try eggbeaters or a few eggwhites w/ one whole egg. By the way anything instant is crap(it's been processed to cook faster). Buy the old fashioned oats they are much better for you and slower digested.Same goes for rice. I eat every 2-3 hrs because this is how long it takes your body to digest a meal depending on the size of it. So if you feel hungry it probably because you are. It is better to eat every 2-3 hrs to keep your metabolism functioning at it best other wise it will slow down to make up for the long span w/o food. The crackers aren't so great I'd cut those out, but the p-butter is ok try the natural kind it takes getting used to but once you do you'll love it. As for any bread products try to limit them, but if you do make it WHOLE GRAIN... As for carbs stick w/ sweet potatoes, brown rice, old fashioned oats,& whole grain breads. Fruit is ok but it is high in sugar some more than other. The berries are low (strawberries, blueberries,raspberries etc.) try to eat them w/ a protein as to slow down the rise in blood sugar. Try to make some of these changes and I'm sure it'll help you break thru that plateau you seem to hit. We've all been there at one point or another. So that's great that you seek advice. Just keep asking. How else do we learn??? Good luck...

beby24
08-09-2006, 12:53 PM
now does it really matter how i prepare my foods, I mean i read somewhere I cant use anything with salt and sugar and Mrs Dash is not all that ....I am latin and used to having some taste to my food, is there other ways...?

BlondeAmazon
08-11-2006, 12:51 PM
now does it really matter how i prepare my foods, I mean i read somewhere I cant use anything with salt and sugar and Mrs Dash is not all that ....I am latin and used to having some taste to my food, is there other ways...?

Use Olive oils, try GrillMates marinates for chicken, beef and fish, Ms Dash comes in MANY flavors and I use tons- Spray on "I cant believe its not butter", Chili Sauses on stirfry veggies or chicken or beef, There are PLENTY of ways to spice things up without the use of salt and sugar. I use Splenda in my protien pancakes, lots of egg whites and fresh fruits and veggies- Dont think of this as "diet" Think of it as a challange to find 1-2 new foods or tastes a week. Sample recipies you find in here and try your own mixtures. I challanged myself when I started to try at least 2 different fruits, veggies or other items each WEEK at the grocery store. We have a tendency to get in a rut and buy the same things all the time- Try to make it a habit to look for new items-- I actually think its pretty fun now coming up with new things..