PDA

View Full Version : If anyone ever tells you females are weak...

Andrew.Cook
06-26-2006, 09:45 AM
I would say about 30 seconds of this video would convince them otherwise. No, it isn't bodybuilding work, but the thought of what this must feel like makes me sick to my stomach. Enjoy.

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html
Under WOD videos (on the right) "Nasty Girls" (it isn't pervy... and I didn't name it :) )

deedlit
06-27-2006, 12:40 AM
OMG! that is pretty crazy. Pretty cool video! :)

Andrew.Cook
06-27-2006, 07:30 AM
Crazy doesn't even begin to describe those women... look through some of the other workouts those women do. Totally awesome!

kbdub
06-27-2006, 08:23 AM
that vid is sick...not really sure how good it is to sorta clean the weight up with sh*tty form though...thats a road to injury for most. my new mission is to find some gymnast rings and start doing those pullup/dip things weighted.
where can i find more about these womens workouts?...they are ripped to the T! id like to see what they do

30-A rider
06-27-2006, 08:52 AM
great video. I have met soem very strong women. I worked out in a Gym in Atlanta (Marietta area for 5 years or so) Coffee's which is the best gym "I have been to sp far. Anyway, some may know her name as she just turned pro in the last few years Annie Riveccio..she was a bull strength wise. but the best was a gal I trained legs with a few times named Vicki Scaffee (dont know if I spelled name correct). Vicki was about 5'10" I think and had legs most guys would die for. So one day in the gym we are training together and its leg day. Now being 6'0" and weighing about 260 lbs I can work pretty hard in a gym. So squats first 2 sets were warm ups with 135 for 20 reps. then 225 for 15; then we go to 315 and I think Im gonna dust her now as she was probably about 200 lbs but quite lean (guesstimate 14% BF). I do 315 for 15 and she does it for 12 and my jaw dropped to the floor. I say Ok what next and she say up it to 405! ..and Im thinking she is nuts. So I do 405 for 10,,, she does 6! I say whats next and she wants to go to 495 and Im thinking holy ****, this woman is crazy. I convicned her to just do anther set of 405 and I got 8 and she got 3. Ok so by the slightest of margins I beat her rep wise, but Ive got about 60 lbs on her...and fact is for the remainder of the work out which included, hack squats, leg extensions and still legged deads she kicked my ass setting the pace and went rep for rep with me the whole way and pushed me with shorter rest periods than I would have normally taken! Definately some strong women out there!

Andrew.Cook
06-27-2006, 09:24 AM
that vid is sick...not really sure how good it is to sorta clean the weight up with sh*tty form though...thats a road to injury for most. my new mission is to find some gymnast rings and start doing those pullup/dip things weighted.
where can i find more about these womens workouts?...they are ripped to the T! id like to see what they do

Heck yeah, I want to learn the chin/dip thing as well :)

The cleans were a little sloppy, but you are "only" looking at 95lbs... flinging light weights about is less of an issue than flinging heavy weights about. Plus I would say that the results are pretty convincing. I've not seen backs/arms on women like that in a LONG time... well, outside of these boards of course ;) *shameless butt kisser*

MsFit
06-27-2006, 09:45 AM
Dayum! They are kick ass x 3!

SliCed_and_DiCed
06-29-2006, 09:48 PM
I would say about 30 seconds of this video would convince them otherwise. No, it isn't bodybuilding work, but the thought of what this must feel like makes me sick to my stomach. Enjoy.

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html
Under WOD videos (on the right) "Nasty Girls" (it isn't pervy... and I didn't name it :) )

I dont mean to get all nasy.. actually I do :)

Females are weak. A "female" MAY be strong, but she wont bring her entire gender with her. And plus, for every strong female, theres like 5 men that can do exactly the same plus some.

And on a lighter note, those women are great, and should be commended for the level of fitness they have achieved.

Titania
06-29-2006, 11:20 PM
I remember seeing that clip somewhere about a year ago and being stunned then. The version I saw was a highly compressed version and the pic quality was far worse so it is VERY cool to see the original version of this clip. :)
These girls have some SERIOUS conditioning and INCREDIBLE will power. Especially the girl in the white top and black sports bra.

They'd put many fitness competitors to shame!!

Titania
06-29-2006, 11:24 PM
SliCed_and_DiCed,

You've got a lot of ****ing nerve coming in here and saying that!!...oh, and it is Nasty. :p

Andrew.Cook
06-30-2006, 07:17 AM

Females are weak. A "female" MAY be strong, but she wont bring her entire gender with her. And plus, for every strong female, theres like 5 men that can do exactly the same plus some.

And on a lighter note, those women are great, and should be commended for the level of fitness they have achieved.

I think the point was that "females" don't have to be weak... they don't have to play that role. You think you could hang with these women? I couldn't. No way. I'm a big strong man... these women scare me :) Not "scare" me like the boogie man. I would love to chat them up. I would love to learn their secrets. These women have a capacity for endurance and yes, willpower, that rivals ANY man I've met. Hell, I would kill to meet just ONE person a day that had this kind of drive and determination.

Check out the other videos on that site. There are LOTS of men doing the same workouts, and none of them look like they are handling it better than these women.

But thanks for chiming in with your barbaric opinions. Makes me proud to be a man. Perhaps I will take a page from your book on charm the next time I am out on a date.

Titania
06-30-2006, 08:51 PM
I think the point was that "females" don't have to be weak... they don't have to play that role. You think you could hang with these women? I couldn't. No way. I'm a big strong man... these women scare me :) Not "scare" me like the boogie man. I would love to chat them up. I would love to learn their secrets. These women have a capacity for endurance and yes, willpower, that rivals ANY man I've met. Hell, I would kill to meet just ONE person a day that had this kind of drive and determination.

Check out the other videos on that site. There are LOTS of men doing the same workouts, and none of them look like they are handling it better than these women.

But thanks for chiming in with your barbaric opinions. Makes me proud to be a man. Perhaps I will take a page from your book on charm the next time I am out on a date.
LOL :D
Great post Andrew. :)

deadaim
06-30-2006, 08:54 PM
ewwwwww haha

SliCed_and_DiCed
06-30-2006, 10:32 PM

Why would you ask me if I could hang with those women? If I said no, it would somehow justify your point and then destroy what I have said before. If I say I could, then you would call me an E-Thug or an internet tough guy. So for future reference, and future dates with girls, dont ask questions that have no answer okay?

I dont know where you live buddy, but around my place, all you have to do is walk for 15 minutes and you will find a gym full of people training to a point of near death. You may mistake my words as being anti female, and all that blah, but in fact I am only saying that this video proves nothing. It proves that some gals can definetly train hard and be strong. But it doesnt mean all gals are tough either. Similarly, a lot of men couldnt do this, but the ones that do workout will do it better than females doing it. That is biology for you. Go to an MMA gym, and you will see what I mean.

Just because one person is strong doesnt make all the people in his classification strong either.

I think I am going to get whuped by that mod in this thread though, she seems to hate me for saying the things I said. Blame it on summer for giving me free time okay?

Titania
07-01-2006, 05:08 AM
I certainly don't hate you for making a statement. I do not hate anyone. Hate is a very strong word.
I may dislike what somebody says or even hate somebody's actions but I am not the kind of person who hates another person.

This thread is not the place to discuss whether or not extra testosterone makes males superior to females. I do not believe in superiority of anybody. I prefer to treat and view other people as equals. It is not my place to judge another person.
We all have certain inherent strengths and weaknesses and it is this fact that allows people to be extremely creative when working with and combining the skills of other people.

I suggest you leave the superiority point of view out of this thread. Create a new topic in the misc section if you want to discuss that.

FWIW - this video is not trying to 'prove' anything. It is simply displaying the incredible dedication and willpower of these girls and I give them full credit for their superb efforts.

I may be bigger and stronger than many of the guys on this board but there is no way I could get through that kind of a workout without some serious dedication to that kind of training.

WillDeadliftForFood
07-01-2006, 03:13 PM

The only reason there are more men than women moving the big weights is because society encourages men to lift heavy and discourages women to do so. Women can achieve everything that men can in the gym if they have the same dedication to pure strength and endurance. Yes, testosterone makes it EASIER for men to get strong, and a lot quicker, and it does give a higher ceiling to maximum strength. But when it comes to moving big weights by "normal" standards, dedication determines the stronger of the two, not sex.

My summer has given me lots of free time. That free time has not encouraged me to make assinine posts on the women's forums, however.

SliCed_and_DiCed
07-01-2006, 11:03 PM
The only reason there are more men than women moving the big weights is because society encourages men to lift heavy and discourages women to do so. Women can achieve everything that men can in the gym if they have the same dedication to pure strength and endurance. Yes, testosterone makes it EASIER for men to get strong, and a lot quicker, and it does give a higher ceiling to maximum strength. But when it comes to moving big weights by "normal" standards, dedication determines the stronger of the two, not sex.

My summer has given me lots of free time. That free time has not encouraged me to make assinine posts on the women's forums, however.

But it gives you time to reply to assinine posts by a teen? Dont be a smartass buddy.

Maybe you should ask a third party, but your post basically says something foolish. According to your theory about the sexes, my following statement should make perfect sense: If I am dedicated enough, I can have bigger breasts than a women. Yes, estrogen makes it easier for women to develop breasts, quicker, and bigger, but if I am dedicated the sex difference wont matter.

Titania
07-03-2006, 03:05 AM
OK. Let me say it again in case you did not hear me the first time!
This is NOT the place to start a gender superiority flame fest. Any more posts like this will be deleted. PLEASE KEEP THIS ON TOPIC.

Andrew.Cook
07-03-2006, 07:07 AM
To whom it may ACTUALLY register:

Original post was made to give a little inspiration. A little "Get off your butt and get motivated." type of boost to the day. I watch powerlifting and strongman videos all day, and find that I can watch someone like Jesse Marunde lifting the atlas stones and think to myself "Self, you lazy dork, it is time to go lift rocks!" Then I, with a smile on my face, head down to the gym... where NOBODY trains to near death. Heck, where most people are putting in face time, or going through motions so mechanical that the only benefit is that by moving they are helping to circulate air. :)

It was never a matter of who was better. It was always a matter of "You can be doing better." Bodybuilding is, afterall, a matter of personal growth and challenge. It is always YOU against the bar/dumbell/big round rock ;) Nobody else.

I loved it when I was once young and full of more answers than questions. I miss being right all the time!

Titania
07-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Great reply Andrew and I'll be supporting you 100 percent and making sure this thread stays inspirational and motivational. Let me know if you'd like me to go through and remove all the irrelevant posts. ;) I'd be only too happy to do it. :)

new2fit67
07-03-2006, 10:32 PM
How many calories do u think these women consume to have such strength and amazing bodies?

MsFit
07-04-2006, 07:37 PM

It would take a 15 year old to shoot down women to make himself feel "bigger." Keep trying sport.

SliCed_and_DiCed
07-04-2006, 08:10 PM
It would take a 15 year old to shoot down women to make himself feel "bigger." Keep trying sport.

Its just like a woman to post a video trying to prove to the world how strong they "can" potentially be.

Anyways, I am leaving before I get banned or something by everyone in here.

*supermomma*
07-04-2006, 08:32 PM

Men have a genetic advantage when it comes to strength--when you take that into account, there are some f*ing badass women out there who could whip the asses off most men (men in general).

Frankly, most people are weak, period. But don't go smackin' on women who lift hard--we work just as hard as y'all for it.

Andrew.Cook
07-05-2006, 09:12 AM
Great reply Andrew and I'll be supporting you 100 percent and making sure this thread stays inspirational and motivational. Let me know if you'd like me to go through and remove all the irrelevant posts. ;) I'd be only too happy to do it. :)

Not necessary. While I think the argument that men > women is a little thick headed, it is also a big part of what you all deal with. In fact I derive oodles of inspiration from people telling me I can't do something ;) So maybe the testosterone driven rantings of a 15 year old can stir a bit of anger that can be directed into a good workout later.

I think, rather than stating any gender related qualifier, we can just agree that these women are at the top of human physical performance. They have elevated their own bodies to a terrific level. A level that I think most people would love to have, but have no willpower to reach.

Andrew.Cook
07-05-2006, 09:19 AM
How many calories do u think these women consume to have such strength and amazing bodies?

No idea, but I'm guessing they have the metabolism of some kind of ADD hummingbird! lol. Ask Titania. I seem to remember her talking about her 5000+ cal diets *gulp*! In fact I think it was one of the first things I remember reading from her... Been giving up "mad props" ever since. I fight to get down 3000+ a day. It's will power to even eat as much as she does! Not to mention, anyone checked out the PR numbers? Better than mine in some spots! Yeah, women are SOOOO weak, lol.

Andrew.Cook
07-05-2006, 09:25 AM
Men have a genetic advantage when it comes to strength--when you take that into account, there are some f*ing badass women out there who could whip the asses off most men (men in general).

Frankly, most people are weak, period. But don't go smackin' on women who lift hard--we work just as hard as y'all for it.

Whoa... someone is feeling their oats today. lol. Ok... let's keep in mind that we are arguing with a 15 year old. No reason for the language. I understand the powder keg that this topic ignites, however it isn't worth it. Some people's momma's raised them better. I'll raise my son to know better (lest he should run into Supermomma in a dark alley!), I suggest you all do the same ;)

MsFit
07-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Anyways, I am leaving before I get banned or something by everyone in here.

Famous last words of a loser. Oh, you may come back when you grow up.

Islandman1973
07-05-2006, 12:35 PM
O/T but can anyone tell me the name of the first song/artist from the video. I would like to download it. Thanks

parsnip1965
07-05-2006, 03:38 PM
>Vicki was about 5'10" I think and had legs most guys would die for....she wants to [squat] 495...

Yeah, I remember seeing pictures of her a long time ago. Vicki Scaiffe or something like that. I think she was on "Iron Belles of Atlanta" (website) but isn't any more. I didn't realize she was THAT strong. Cool that you worked out with her.

Arcane77
07-05-2006, 06:48 PM
sry i dont want to get neg repped any more than the ***s in the box squat thread, but im saying why say women are strong, when u know in the back of your mind men will always be stronger than women, the strength differences are immense......

bb_clocker
07-05-2006, 06:52 PM
I have not seen these videos before and they are very impressive. Is cross fit something new or old? It seems cross fit is unhealthy or perhaps doing such routines could make you more injured prone.

I dont know. Has anyone in the board trained crossfit and what are your thougts?

MsFit
07-05-2006, 07:07 PM
sry i dont want to get neg repped any more than the ***s in the box squat thread, but im saying why say women are strong, when u know in the back of your mind men will always be stronger than women, the strength differences are immense......

Does it matter? I don't know why males come here and rant about how much superior they think they are. Get over it and get your ass out of the female forum.

Titania
07-06-2006, 12:29 AM
Does it matter? I don't know why males come here and rant about how much superior they think they are. Get over it and get your ass out of the female forum.
Agreed Karen :)
I think they are just pissed off that we are superior to them in intelligence, social interaction, low crime statistics, having babies, willpower, longeivity, stamina and sometimes, strength!!! :p
Blah....couldn't resist that. Since Andrew gave the all clear (it is his thread), I just HAD to open this can of worms!!!!!
This actually might be fun!!......oh ****...did I just say that out loud? You bet I did!! LOL :D

.....Disclaimer for those that don't see my humour......I don't really think anyone is superior to anyone else in all area's. I am just having a little fun....like a very strong pussycat playing with some mice!!

Miranda
07-06-2006, 01:34 AM
I think they are just pissed off that we are superior to them in intelligence, social interaction, low crime statistics, having babies, willpower, longevity, stamina and sometimes, strength!!!

couldn't have said it better myself :)

Andrew.Cook
07-06-2006, 07:05 AM
Um.... I am going to exit stage left before this turns into an old fashion lynch mom. :D

Happy lifting ladies.

*to whomever was worried about the healthfulness of crossfit workouts:

This is the same type of low resistance cardio cross training that is employed by the military for special forces. I would say the training is VERY effective at building good quality muscular endurance. Injury is always a concern, unless you are working out at such a low intensity as to yield the exercise completely worthless.

TheImpeccable
07-06-2006, 10:18 PM
What a joke.

Love II Lift
07-06-2006, 10:37 PM
I personally think that Sliced and diced just realized he's got more potatoes than meat downstairs and has the need to lash out then dig a hole b/c he didn't know what he was getting into. Besides, I thought this was a WOMEN'S FORUM? Maybe he should train with Becca Swanson, Kara and Lil Mendy and the rest of the competitive women out there. Those women just might put his panties in a knot. Titania and I could definatly put him to shame EVEN with my Severed FOOT!

ps. Hey Titania! I hit 335 x1 on the bench last week and hit a solid 315 for 5 reps.. but I still can't walk on my foot yet :(

8 more days till comp!

Titania
07-06-2006, 11:42 PM
GREAT post Love II Lift and YAY on your new PB. That is a mighty fine bench girl. :D
I bet you can't wait to get back on that foot again and prove all your doctors wrong!!

I hit a few new PB's recently too.
533.5 rack dead for two reps
401.5 squat
242 barbell military press for 8 reps
352 x 6 reps on barbell rows
:D

I think we could quite easily handle anything some little teen could throw at us ;)

WillDeadliftForFood
07-07-2006, 02:36 AM
GREAT post Love II Lift and YAY on your new PB. That is a mighty fine bench girl. :D
I bet you can't wait to get back on that foot again and prove all your doctors wrong!!

401.5 squat

I think we could quite easily handle anything some little teen could throw at us ;)

Beautiful stats :D

AD Johnson
07-07-2006, 02:52 AM
See how blocky women get when they lift? I had to mark this so I can show my wife.

GO BIG
07-07-2006, 03:11 AM

Why say women are strong?? The strength differences are immense??

Of course they are men have **** loads more Tes coursing through there veins than the girls and therefore more muscle building potential and yeah, the average man would kick the average girls butt in the gym on a given weight BUT, I'm darn sure that if some scientific boff workd out a formula something like-

(weight of lifter x weight lifted) / blood tes level = ave. strenth
[hey, don't pull the proposed formula apart, I'm not the brightest but I can lift heavy things]
you would most likely find that they, the girls that is, would give us big strong macho men a right royal arsekicking!

I am 6'4" and weigh in at 280lbs my training partner is 5'6", 120lbs and as feminine as they come and let me tell you she often kicks my butt when it comes to pushing the edge of the envelope regardless of the fact that my weights are way heavier than hers. (AND before you other tough guys start pulling into my perceived intensity levels let me say this, I TRAIN LIKE A MF have competed on BB stage, in strongman arena and powerlifting comps, SUCCESSFULLY)

ALSO, the pain threshhold that the so called weaker sex have - Man, I work in the supplement industry and if I could bottle that - MILLIONAIRE STATUS OVERNIGHT!!

So yeah, men are stronger than women at first glance but level the playing field............

GO GIRLS

GO BIG
07-07-2006, 04:37 AM
401.5 squat

Holy Christmas Titania - that's some awesome **** girl. checked your site out and cant for the life of me understand why your avatar is a pick of your arm - although its an awesome bi - when you've got legs I'd give my right testicle, and its lump, for!

Titania
07-07-2006, 06:11 AM
Holy Christmas Titania - that's some awesome **** girl. checked your site out and cant for the life of me understand why your avatar is a pick of your arm - although its an awesome bi - when you've got legs I'd give my right testicle, and its lump, for!
LOL :D Thanks heaps GO BIG. :D
Those and some very valid points you have made in your previous thread too. :)

Perhaps it is time for an avatar pic change. The only thing is the pic is so damn small that it is hard to make sense of a full body shot at such tiny pic size.

Love II Lift
07-07-2006, 09:16 AM
Ok now Im ready to shut up all the men in this world bout who's stronger.. You idots cry and complain about a little kidney stone that lasts MAYBE a week or 2.. WE have 9 brutal months of carrying your kid around then with that dealing with morning sickness, mood swings and having your insides being kicked 24-7 AND still we do your laundry, go to work and bring home a pay check! Then the day comes where we push a damn bowling ball out a hole the size of lemon. To all the men who says we are weak, they can KISS MY ASS. Try having a baby then talk to me

GO BIG
07-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Ok now Im ready to shut up all the men in this world bout who's stronger.. You idots cry and complain about a little kidney stone that lasts MAYBE a week or 2.. WE have 9 brutal months of carrying your kid around then with that dealing with morning sickness, mood swings and having your insides being kicked 24-7 AND still we do your laundry, go to work and bring home a pay check! Then the day comes where we push a damn bowling ball out a hole the size of lemon. To all the men who says we are weak, they can KISS MY ASS. Try having a baby then talk to me

I don't know Love II Lift, I heard giving birth is no worse than pulling your bottom lip.... RIGHT OVER YOUR HEAD!

Yeah, you got us there for sure.

30-A rider
07-07-2006, 04:46 PM
This thread is actually comical. Very funny reading. Ms. Fit's replys are halrious. Gotta love the blurted out, not very well thought out statements a 15 y.o. mind can make.

Funny thing that isnt obvious is this: When I was 15 I was a walking hormore..last thing I wanted to do was piss off the ladies cause all I wanted to do was get thier clothes off any way I could..so Id kiss ass any way I could. Considering what Ms. Fit looks like....I know if I was 15 last thing I would want to do is piss her off cause all Id be hoping for is hoping she offer me some personal training time..wink wink. This kid isnt just foolish in his 15 y.o. mindset statments, but he is probably confused and gay too. Poor guy.

Andrew.Cook
07-07-2006, 07:44 PM

I'm imagining this rant in a very Marissa Tomei "My Cousin Vinny" Jersey accent :D

I'd say that strength lies LESS in giving birth than in resisting the urge to kill the jerk of a guy that knocks you up and continues to make you do the laundry... What patience you have!

Wait... I'm not supposed to be talking. I've yet to give childbirth the old college try.

mikeccccc
07-07-2006, 11:39 PM
who cares about arguing this ****, men are going to say they're stronger and women are going to say the are. Its useless. U dont need to have a F'ing baby to prove ur strong and u dont need to lift weights either. Just do wat ever the hell it is u do!!

Titania
07-08-2006, 01:38 AM
Well said chickie. :)
Tell everyone about the crap you've had to endure with your foot and your spine....and then tell them what you lift ;)
That will shut a few people up :D
If you ever get a chance to visit Aus, we'll have to do a few car flips together :D

DUMB BELLE
07-18-2006, 09:12 AM
Hey Titania

Saw you took Go Big's advice and changed your avatar pic to include a bit more of those awesome muscles other than just the bi!!

Sadly, still not showing off those legs that Go Big would "give his right testicle for"?

Memphis901
07-18-2006, 10:42 PM
Very impressive. Those woman can put a lot of men to shame, especially me, if they cared to. But, I would just like to add that I have never heard a man call a woman weak...what i hear is that they are weaker...or men are stronger...not woman are weak,lol.Sorry if nobody wanted to hear that.If your lifting to prove your better/stronger then men you lift for the wrong reason..Last time I was here I think I got some of you pissy towards me because i pointed out that some nonairbrushed pictures looked better than the airbrushed ones, and showed how one of the before pics were fake (or was that another board..either way big mistake, lol, they didnt want to hear that either) Oh, and to that "sexist" post that stated reasons why woman are "better than men" I, myself, would have to agree. It's why most men marry woman. :D