PDA

View Full Version : dairy products

vonwafer23
06-25-2006, 10:54 PM
hey, does anyone know if dairy products like milk, yogurt, eggs, etc. cause a fat face. I am looking to slim down my face and tighten it up, and i am already doing cardio and lifting weights, but does anyone know if cutting out dairy is good?

also, i read that doing squats tightens and firms up your face any truth to this as well?

thanks

alohafitness
06-26-2006, 01:19 AM
Dairy products and the face...well...A LOT of people are actually allergic or sensitive to dairy products (the lactose in them) and that could be a factor. I am lactose intolerant. I was using whey protein powder and it was irritating my digestive system--when I quit using it I lost 6 lbs. (water retention) in 2 days. If you eat a lot of dairy now then cutting it may cause you to lose weight and may impact your face. I would not assume that doing squats would cause you to lose fat around your face--that is strange advice. Weight training, cardio, and a clean diet would help you to reduce your total bodyfat, and that would impact your face. Beyond reducing your bodyfat, there is always plastic surgery.

WillDeadliftForFood
06-26-2006, 02:40 AM
I've never heard of this, but I would imagine anything that makes you retain water would give you a puffy face.

As for fat loss, you can't "spot loose" fat. Anywhere. Men and women both gain and lose weight from areas of their body in specific patterns based on sex and family genetics. To lose fat from one spot requires you to lose fat EVERYWHERE, all through proper nutrition and exercise. The "spot loss" theories probably arose because training a muscle can cause the overlying fat to look more solid (and less soft/jiggly), giving the appearance of less fat.

Squats are a very intense exercise, and are one of the best for fat loss/muscle gain we can have in any exercise program. They have the power (if properly used and regimented) to help lose fat which would include (I would assume) facial fat. Beyond that, I can't imagine them helping facial puffiness specifically , unless the facial expressions of exertion are building facial muscle.

zutons
06-26-2006, 09:15 AM
does anyone know if cutting out dairy is good?
"What are the symptoms of a dairy allergy?
The symptoms of a dairy allergy can manifest themselves in the skin, the digestive system or the respiratory system. Skin reactions may include an itchy red rash, hives, eczema, allergic "shiners" (black eyes), and swelling of lips, mouth, tongue, face or throat. Digestive system reactions might include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, gas, bloating or abdominal cramps. Respiratory system reactions include a runny nose, sneezing, watery or itchy eyes, nasal congestion, wheezing, shortness of breath or coughing, and even anaphylactic shock. Some children may show reddish ear lobes or a glazed look in their eyes. Additional symptoms attributed to a milk allergy include bed-wetting, lethargy and inattentiveness." - Caringmedical.com

Some people are allergic to dairy without knowing it. If you are uncertain, have an allergy test. You can also find some reading material on dairy in the articles section of bodybuilding.com.

does anyone know if dairy products like milk, yogurt, eggs, etc. cause a fat face.
I doubt it would all go to your face, quite unheard of! If you have just started out on the programme, everything will lean out eventually, including your face.