PDA

View Full Version : Body for Life Challenge Suggestions for training Requested

TomS
06-25-2006, 02:00 PM
I am a 51 yr.old male 5'9'' 215lbs. I am considering to enter the Body for life challenge as a personal incentive to reduce body fat and get ripped. I have read the training program 0f 12,10,8,6 then 12 reps followed by a 12 rep additonal exercise per body part. I Have lifted weights for awhile never competed. I am asking for training tips/ programs that will increase my definition and reduction of bodyfat significantly in 12 weeks. I estimate my bodyfat at 24%. Also any suggestions for supplementation regarding the EAS or other brands to assist me in my desire to obtain my goal. Any help would be appreciated.

kbdub
06-25-2006, 02:36 PM
i'd say do the BFL program as is...eating, training, cardio. run through one 12 week program without screwing with it. if youre not happy then try something else. you can do all the training and cardio you want but until you get your diet dialed in you will not lose that much fat. one important thing on this program is goin to the intensity of a true "10" while lifting and on the cardio.

I like All the Whey brand protein. it's cheap(they dont market) and tastes good. until you're eating like the program calls for, dont waste your money on supps beside maybe some protein for inbetween meals/after lifting or a bar for when a meal isn't convenient.

Simpy
06-25-2006, 03:10 PM
Agreed. Don't screw with the BFL at first. Leave it as is and see what your results are. It's a really good program, especially for someone new to the game.

I prefer Beverly Nutrition for my supps. They're fairly expensive, though. Go through some other sources to find it. You'll pay out the wazoo if you actually go through their website.

twinnett
06-25-2006, 03:16 PM
I agree. BFL does work! I did it and lost 65 pounds. Do the first challenge by the book and see what your results are.