PDA

View Full Version : RESIST Announcement

Robboe
06-24-2006, 04:36 AM
(Don't want to step on any toes by posting this elsewhere, even though it is not "promotion" per se).

All,

We'd like to take a moment to reveal how the testing of RESIST™ went. We had two phases, each was quite enlightening, and has caused us to scrap our formulas, and go back to the drawing board. As such, we will not be releasing this product in the near future but as promised, we will provide sufficient information, but not detail about the formulas.

The first test had 5 formulas – Three of which were slightly different DS formulas for RESIST™. The other two, was a control group using Hoodia, and lastly, a placebo.

It seems that knowing a placebo existed skewed results (people clearly did not want to look foolish by giving a possible placebo a good score). Here was the average score of each product (scale of 1-10).

Group A (formula 1) - Fourteen scores returned with an average of 3.2
Group B (placebo) - Thirteen scores returned with an average of 4.5
Group C (formula 2) - Twelve scores returned with an average of 4.3
Group D (hoodia) - Eight scores returned with an average of 3.3
Group E (formula 3) – Ten scores returned with an average of 4.6

So as you can see, it appears as though testers did not want to look foolish by scoring a possible placebo high – each group had one or more 1/10 score. Also bear in mind that these scores are not ideal given that we received more feedback from some groups than others (there should actually be 22 values received per group, with a small handful of exceptions who contacted us to inform why they could not participate, or that samples had not been received).

Now, as to the second test, we advised that no placebo was being used, but in fact we used one (to avoid the problem stated earlier). We wanted to see how this affected the results. Here was the average score of each product, this time on a scale of 1-7.

Group A (placebo) – Thirteen scores returned with an average of 3.8
Group B (formula) – Six scores returned with an average of 4.5

The lowest score received for the placebo was 1 and for the DS formula was 2. As you can see, the scores increased, and our formula beat the placebo, but we are really looking for a stellar product here. So for now, RESIST™ has been shelved while other projects taken precedence. After completion of these, however, we’ll be ready to go on this.

Thanks,
Team DS

BiggJohn
06-24-2006, 04:38 AM
Easy to trust a company like DS with such honesty.

Robboe
06-24-2006, 05:01 AM
Thanks, John.

Formulas will not be divulged, but if anyone is dying to know which group they were a part of, ask.

uhockey
06-24-2006, 05:34 AM
Statistical significance was not achieved.

Reformulate!

BiggJohn
06-24-2006, 05:56 AM
Statistical significance was not achieved.

Reformulate!

Did you use an F-Test or T-Test?
What was your confidence interval?
What was R^2?

Just kidding, engineers can't RESIST these types of questions. Get it. OK, I'll stop now.

(sound of trumbone goes "whaaa whaaa")

Twin Peak
06-24-2006, 07:44 AM
Did you use an F-Test or T-Test?
What was your confidence interval?
What was R^2?

Just kidding, engineers can't RESIST these types of questions. Get it. OK, I'll stop now.

(sound of trumbone goes "whaaa whaaa")

Oh jeez.

FYI, we have some excellent ideas for a revised formula. But we have so many other projects going right now, we are looking at 2007 for this.

Skigazzi
06-24-2006, 07:51 AM
Thanks, John.

Formulas will not be divulged, but if anyone is dying to know which group they were a part of, ask.

I actually am curious. Im guessing I had the placebo.

warriors
06-24-2006, 08:51 AM
Nice honesty DS.

Lonny
06-24-2006, 09:12 AM
I wish I had gotten my samples. :(

At least I didn't give a placebo a good score :D

factotum
06-24-2006, 10:09 PM
The scores don't look that great to me. Good luck with the product and get your asses in gear and release the reformulated ActivaTe.

Seth25
06-24-2006, 11:17 PM
I would like to know which group i was in, if thats possible.

uhockey
06-25-2006, 01:42 AM
The scores don't look that great to me. Good luck with the product and get your asses in gear and release the reformulated ActivaTe.

So low on the priority list. AT LEAST 4 new products, Cherry Xceed, and Melting Point Revamped first.

Quit hyping it.

Twin Peak
06-25-2006, 06:42 AM
So low on the priority list. AT LEAST 4 new products, Cherry Xceed, and Melting Point Revamped first.

Quit hyping it.

Hmmm, I counted 4 products before Activate Xtreme, and I wasn't even thinking of these two.

BiggJohn
06-25-2006, 06:55 AM
Hmmm, I counted 4 products before Activate Xtreme, and I wasn't even thinking of these two.

(Salivates over self)

dtrain13
06-25-2006, 08:10 AM

Nice!!!

BiggJohn
06-25-2006, 08:13 AM
Nice!!!

Like our White Sox late inning rally last night!

MCWTRAINER
06-25-2006, 08:28 AM
It's nice to see a company not just pointing a product out for the sake of putting one out. My hat goes off to you DS guys, keep up the good work!

uhockey
06-25-2006, 08:47 AM
Like our White Sox late inning rally last night!

Or the Tigers? Both were awesome endings!

GimpyPaw
06-25-2006, 08:53 AM
Just want to say, I'm impressed that your going to reformulate. It's cool to see a company show the results of their testing phase even when the results weren't what they wanted.

dtrain13
06-25-2006, 01:40 PM
Or the Tigers? Both were awesome endings!
Piss on the kitty cats from Detroit! I will say that there's was a good game as well.

Joel
06-25-2006, 03:25 PM
Its good to see a Company that is bold enough to admit failure

dtrain13
06-25-2006, 03:29 PM
Its good to see a Company that is bold enough to admit failure
Its good to see you neg repped to hell. ;)

Joel
06-25-2006, 03:35 PM
Its good to see you neg repped to hell. ;)

Well since I am not here to make a profit , it really doesnt matter what color my rep points are does it ?

Now for a company rep who is in the red, that would be bad

Blap Blaow
06-25-2006, 04:19 PM
Interesting results- definately looking forward to your upcoming projects/announcements.

uhockey
06-25-2006, 05:32 PM
I agree on the interesting results sentiment. I'd honetly like to see more companies do placebo-controlled trials before releasing a product.

To be fair, as this as intended to be a stackable, the formulas were not super-innovative. It really does make me wonder about other well-received appetite suppressants, however.

Twin Peak
06-25-2006, 06:07 PM
I agree on the interesting results sentiment. .... It really does make me wonder about other well-received appetite suppressants, however.

Indeed, given the ingredients and dosages we used, and that our non-placebo control was hoodia, and people love that, and our formula faired better.

Joel
06-25-2006, 06:09 PM
Ah well

Back to the drawing board

Twin Peak
06-25-2006, 06:16 PM
We had two phases, each was quite enlightening, and has caused us to scrap our formulas, and go back to the drawing board.

Ah well

Back to the drawing board

Joel, your ability to read between the lines is staggering.

Let me try this a third time:

www.rif.org

Seriously. Check it out.

Joel
06-25-2006, 07:30 PM
Joel, your ability to read between the lines is staggering.

Let me try this a third time:

TP im very proud of you man

Admitting failure publically takes some guts

Twin Peak
06-26-2006, 04:23 AM

Yeah, but you broke the ice -- every post you make screams failure.

However, we just define failure differently. Had we launched the product and it bombed, that would be failure. Here, we are still in the testing phases. We have killed many projects at this stage. Its not the first, and it won't be the last. If that is failure, we embrace it -- just like you emrace yours.

dtrain13
06-26-2006, 04:26 AM

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=10512285&postcount=22

Blap Blaow
06-26-2006, 04:30 AM
If that is failure, we embrace it -- just like you emrace yours.
hahahaahahaha!!

Joel
06-26-2006, 06:12 AM
Try to remember Im not here to make a profit off anyone or try to convince anyone to buy Product X so I can get free supplements

If being a failure means that I dont abuse a free internet discussion forum for personal profit then so be it I am a failure

uhockey
06-26-2006, 08:19 AM
I am a failure

Hey look everyone, I can take things out of context just like Joel!

He admitted being a failure.

BiggJohn
06-26-2006, 08:21 AM

LOL

jkeithc82
06-26-2006, 08:33 AM
Try to remember Im not here to make a profit off anyone or try to convince anyone to buy Product X so I can get free supplements

If being a failure means that I dont abuse a free internet discussion forum for personal profit then so be it I am a failure

I am a failure so I can get free abuse for a free internet discussion forum. Try to remember to buy Product X so I can get personal profit.

From the context given I guess it worked uhockey. :D

Twin Peak
06-26-2006, 08:37 AM

BWAHAHAHAHA!

factotum
06-26-2006, 08:58 AM
Nice direction this thread has taken. So you still planning on releasing a appetite suppression product after some reformulation or is this one that won't come to market?

uhockey
06-26-2006, 09:02 AM
This has been pushed WAY back due to some major upcoming announcements (I just touched up the press release.) We will revisit it in the future, however, with some new/better ideas.

Robboe
06-27-2006, 01:42 AM

I don't find that very fair. It is not Joel's fault his test tube was dropped in the clinic.