PDA

View Full Version : training question

number1dancer424
06-23-2006, 07:21 PM
I have been weight training for almost a year now and have seen great results. I am a dancer and am going to a dance intensive for 7 weeks. I am hoping that there will be a good gym in the dorms im staying at so i can continue to train. If there isn't a gym and I dont train for 7 weeks, will all of my hard work and muscle tone/gain go away?!

Luvdogs
06-23-2006, 07:27 PM
How about filling in with some good old fashioned push-ups? Must be something you could use for presses. Can you take a set of dumbbells with you? Dancing should keep your legs in good shape. What kind of dancing do you do? I've always admired pro dancers!

number1dancer424
06-23-2006, 07:38 PM
Yea, thats not a bad idea!! I will definetly bring some dumbells. I do mostly modern and ballet, but also jazz etc...
I just really dont wanna lose the muscle that i've gained... i'm stressing about it...

WillDeadliftForFood
06-24-2006, 12:12 AM
There's a great bodyweight exercise thread in the exercise forum. You can probably find some supplementary work there.

J.Bo
06-24-2006, 06:19 AM
Yea, thats not a bad idea!! I will definetly bring some dumbells. I do mostly modern and ballet, but also jazz etc...
I just really dont wanna lose the muscle that i've gained... i'm stressing about it...
That's definitely a good idea. You can do many different movements hitting all muscles w/ dumbbells. Don't worry about losing all your gains it will probably me minimal. I went through this when I had surgery a year ago. I was afraid it was going to set me back and I'd lose all this muscle. And I couldn't exercise at all for a little while and then I had to go back very slow. And I actually made some great progress and gains after. I ended up putting on 5 extra lbs muscle after compared to my LBM just after my surgery. Your muscle has memory so you will be surprised at how quick your body responds once you get back to your old routine of lifting. Who knows you might make some better gains when you get back like myself. Don't fret. When you look at the whole picture it's really just a short while besides it's not like you're going to be laying around doing nothing like I had to.