PDA

View Full Version : Fruits and Veggies...

fitinidaho
06-23-2006, 04:32 PM
How come everyone says eat your fruits and veggies....but I dont see any Fruit in anyone's diet?
I know that fruit=sugar but I was Just curious....

stacey 010
06-23-2006, 04:39 PM
How come everyone says eat your fruits and veggies....but I dont see any Fruit in anyone's diet?
I know that fruit=sugar but I was Just curious....

I tend not to have it because it is a simple sugar and quickly digested. because im sugar sensitive i need carbs that are slowly digested (complex). But i still have berries in my morning pancake. I tend not to eat cottage cheese either because of the lactose, as the sugar in it is also more readily digested than say oatmeal. But just shoot to get all my vitamins from veggies :)
but yeah i have an apple with my mid-morning shake when i feel like it...fruit wont make you fat and i have seen heaps of girls on this forum who love bananas and have bananas in their daily diet...and apples

sherdi
06-23-2006, 05:20 PM
there seems to be a myth perpetuated in bb circles that fruit isn't good for leannes, however, that is just a MYTH!!! Many people have got down to very low body fat levels while still enjoying fruit. It's a wholefood and should be consumed regularly for health.

I find that fruit REALLY helps with keeping my sugar levels balanced and helps replenish glycogen stores...plus it's so good for you, full of anti-oxidents, vitamins and minerals!!!

I eat all sorts of fruit: bananas, pineapples, apples, pears, grapefruit, oranges, berries, kiwifruit, etc....I love it!

I have about 2-3 servings of fruit a day and find that it is a great addition to my diet.

Also, Stacey, not all fruit is quickly digested and they are not all considered simple sugars...As long as you eat your fruit with a complete meal (protein/complex carb/fat) you might be very surprised that you will be able to eat them! As for cottage cheese, it has very little lactose in it, the protein in cottage cheese is casein protein, which is actually a slower digesting protein. Milk does have lactose in it but milk is a low glycemic carb so no problems there either! Milk is especially good pre/post workout!

fitinidaho
06-23-2006, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the info...I am a cottage cheese and fruit freak...gotta have em!

daYDreAmErX
06-23-2006, 06:33 PM
I enjoy my 3 daily bananas and pineapple in post workout shake :D

msfatbootie
06-23-2006, 11:35 PM
Thanks for that post... i live in the land of pineapples and am always trying to eat a small portion per day to avoid all the sugar, and its my FAVE!!

(w. cottage cheese of course)

dang on BB myths:)

I feel like such a dork sometimes trying to train... theres so much conflicting info out here

Simpy
06-25-2006, 01:44 PM
I eat fruit every day. Even when I'm dieting for a contest. I know a lot of people say to stay away from it, and maybe for some it's a problem food. But, I have a hard time believing that fruit can make you fat. ;)

twinnett
06-25-2006, 01:56 PM
I love fruit!!! I eat 3-4 servings every day!

lea869
06-25-2006, 02:17 PM
FRUIT IS GOD.
i love it, esp. this time of year! its so yummy, like healthy candy! ilike it better than candy.
mmm peaches, nectarines, bananas, apples, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, cherries, strawberries, plums, tomatoes (aha! a fruit!).... and on and on and on.....

EAT THE FRUITSES.

lea869
06-25-2006, 02:19 PM
oh and simpy- LMFAO at your sig. I cannot beleive- oh but yet i can- that bush said that. holy crap.......

imperfectly_lou
06-25-2006, 05:19 PM
Great post Sherdi! I don't eat much fruit simply because I don't like it, but I really wish I did!