PDA

View Full Version : Gatorade post workout??

txssweetie
06-23-2006, 05:12 PM
We seem to never have any fruit juice in my house which is what I used to drink post workout along with whey. Would gatorade be acceptable since it has all the glucose and such? (Along with whey of course :))

imperfectly_lou
06-23-2006, 08:12 PM
Straight dextrose is a better option and much cheaper.

B3yondBrawn
06-23-2006, 09:42 PM
ya it would be fine, but OJ with whey is better, and cranberry juice is good too, haven't tried it with whey though......

I think juice is better cause most juices have about 30g of sugar wheras gatorade has about 15. Also juices have vitamins/minerals and antioxidants...

Apple juice is good too, but taste like crap with whey...

txssweetie
06-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Oh no, I don't actually have it WITH whey, haha. I have a glass of whey mixed w/ water along with a seperate glass of juice/gatorade. I don't think I could ever mix them...yuck! But yeah, you're right about the juice and how it has more sugar/carbs.

Thanks for your input Lou. I'm not really aware of dextrose, I've just been told that a simple carb or high G.I. is ideal for post workout so I just assumed glucose is ok.

msfatbootie
06-24-2006, 12:31 AM
and i was under the impression that gatorade was always bad. it has been my guilty pleasure that i never speak of in public... i keep a case in my room for post workouts...

anyone know if pineapple juice is better or equal to oj for post work out. I hate oj:(

and cranberry juice reminds me of that bladder infection in high school:)

btw... if you live near a safeway/ dominicks gatorade is onsale...the big ones are 10 for $10 until next weekend:)

B3yondBrawn
06-24-2006, 12:55 AM
im sure pineapple juice is fine.... personally i drink cranberry all the time... if you get gatorade, get the powder, then u can make it as strong as you want... I think gatorade doesn't have enough sugar though for a post workout drink.

If you have a good whey protein, its good to mix it with oj.... I like muscle milk organge or banana flavor mixed with OJ