PDA

View Full Version : Optimum growth!

j_t
06-23-2006, 09:46 AM
I am bulking at the moment, doing a 5 day split, so each body part is getting worked once a week. Should I be leaving it this long for optimum growth? As I read somewhere that ideally you should leave the muscle for 3 days before you work it again for best results?? Cheers

msfitnetz
06-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Unfortunatley no definitive answer. Everyone's body is responsive to different stimuli. For example you may work chest and NOT be sore after 24-36 hours and be able to work it again without suffering. A general idea is that 48 -72 hours is about the average person's recovery. So give it a try BUT be ready to tweak it as you notice how your body recovers.

I know I can work legs and I won't actually FEEL the soreness for 24 hours ( and it comes with a VENGENCE Too!!) so it can take me 72 hours before I can effecitvely work them again, hard.

Have fun experiment and get to know your body!!

samypboy
06-29-2006, 06:53 PM
Try training the bigger muscle groups twice a week. Like the other guy said leave you only need to leave at least 48-72hours to recover before training the same muscle again.

alex england
07-06-2006, 10:24 AM
Once a week worked great for me but I made sure I fried each muscle group. I feel that if you really hit it propelly it takes a week to recover. My arms actually grew more when I cut back to training them once every 2 weeks as, with the extra work from rows and presses, they just were not growing as much as they should.