PDA

View Full Version : New Girl Intro...

beyond failure
06-23-2006, 04:17 AM
Hey there everyone...just wanted to introduce myself...I'm 27 years old, a personal trainer, mother of a maniac 3 year old boy, 5'3", around 108 lbs. and at the beginning of what I hope will be a huge transformation. I love lifting and have recently started training for the purpose of eventually competing...it's been pretty frustrating in terms of gaining mass as I seem to be destined to have a string bean body...I'm a former fat girl (215 lbs.) and the irony of trying to gain weight ON PURPOSE is pretty funny. I take nutrition VERY seriously and train hard. I've been a lurker for quite some time but look forward to you insight and inspiration.

sherdi
06-23-2006, 04:28 AM
Welcome! :D I am sure you will love it here! :)

buttandlegs
06-23-2006, 09:27 AM
Congrats on your fitness gains. I'm sure you will gain some informtion here that will enable you to better reach your goals.

LiftingIsLife
06-23-2006, 09:58 AM
i understand that you are frustrated about not being able to gain weight, but nomatter how fast your metabolism is, you CAN gain weight provided that you are eating enough calories to exceed what u are expending. you just need to be able to determine what that level of eating is, even if it seems to be way too extreme...

good luck,
~lifer

deedlit
06-23-2006, 10:15 AM
hi there,
Congrats on your improvements. I'm relatively new in here as well, in terms of posting. However, I've been reading a lot of the threads and I have found them very useful.

Best of luck! :)

beyond failure
06-23-2006, 11:28 AM
...thanks for the support guys...not to get all sappy on you but...I do believe that bodybuilding is it for me...this just feels like what I was meant to do...so I do have faith that once the correct formula is in place that everything will come together...I actually just left my first trainer on account of her total indifference when it came to nutrition...currently my new guy Mark is putting together what seems like a really great new training program and diet...I'd love your input once I get it...but really...thanks for your support!

LiftingIsLife
06-23-2006, 01:28 PM
[QUOTE=beyond failure...I actually just left my first trainer on account of her total indifference when it came to nutrition...![/QUOTE]

best thing you could have done! just remember, that to gain mass and
acquire that 'muscular' body that you want, requires discipline in 3
distinct areas:

(1) Exercise (heavy weight lifting)

(2) Nutrition (eating enough of the PROPER foods to gain)

(3) Rest (proper amount of sleep and rest to allow for growth)

without any of these, you will not succeed in what you desire....

best to you,
~lifer

beyond failure
06-23-2006, 02:41 PM
my discipline in those three specific areas is unshakable...I am about as dedicated as they come and heavy is the ONLY way I train...I think the biggest challenge for me thus far has been the way that the bodybuilding lifestyle has effected my relationships...because it is not a TEAM sport...I have not developed close ties to many people with similar interests...lost touch with friends that just simply can not relate...my husband who was just your average couch potato before now seems almost vegetable-like in comparison to how active/amped I am all the time...I eat drink and sleep lifting/nutrition...it's pretty lonely though...that doesn't deter me...but it is something I am dealing with right now....

lotusblue
06-23-2006, 04:25 PM
just saying hello! New here as well :)