PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Question

ECLIPTIC
01-09-2002, 08:54 PM
I'm new to this so please bear with me. During the cutting phase I can stack withglutamine, HMB and ZMA and I know I should be taking in alot of Protein. Some of it has to be a powder(a shake), what would be the best Protein shake to take? There are so many out there. I've seen advertisement for Whey and others...which is a good source. OH! One more thing, as far asGL,HMB and ZMA there are different tyypes and ones that have another supplement mixed in...which is a good one.
Thank You

GoodForHisAge
01-09-2002, 09:10 PM
Protein Powder is for protein. Is really good.

CyberGod
01-09-2002, 09:19 PM
Hey there.

I don't really know a lot about ZMA and HMB...all i know is that for ZMA you shouldnt take it with meals or calcium (in milk for example) and you should take it 30 mins before bed. So if you want to have your night snack , here's what you must do : 30 mins before sleeping take your ZMA...30 mins after that , take your night meal and go right to bed.

Now for Glutamine, this supplement is awesome IF you understand the use of it. In general, it prevents your body from robbing your protein muscles when your body has no more fuel. Understanding this concept, you realise you need to take Glutamine between meals, and not during meals. Also, you might want to take it first thing in the morning before your cardio session. There's a lot of brands out there, get the cheapest one. If you have extra cash, you might want to invest in some glutamine peptides : it absorbs better. If not, take a good old pure L-Glutamine (i.e. Optimum's).
Taking around 5-10g between meals, we're talking about 25-30 g per day, so it's pretty damn expensive but works great.

Now for your protein shake; it really depends when you're taking your shake, and why you're taking it. For instance, before going to bed, you might want to invest in some casein powder since it absorbs slower. However, right after workout, you might want to get whey (also known as isolate whey, concentrate whey, etc.. isolate having a faster and better absorption but costs a lot more) since whey absorbs pretty fast. You can check Big cat's article :
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catprot.htm

And if you just want to get protein shakes between your main meals, for example using your shake as snacks, i suggest you get a blend of whey, casein and egg whites. It costs more but i heard it's the bomb.

My favourite whey is Optimum 100% whey : its a blend of isolate and concentrate, tastes great and mixes very well. I mix it in skim milk to get more protein.