PDA

View Full Version : When do you take your Udo's Oil?

stellar
06-22-2006, 06:58 AM
I started supplementing with Udo's Oil and am taking two tbsps per day. I was wondering when you ladies take yours? Do you think it matters? I'm still experimenting with it.

morning, pre workout, post workout, before bed?

emunah
06-22-2006, 07:10 AM
Anytime except post workout is fine.

stellar
06-22-2006, 07:12 AM
what's wrong with post workout? I usually add it to my shake.

darkangel
06-22-2006, 11:10 AM
I don't like adding oils to my shakes. I'd rather just gulp down a spoonful and chase it with something. I take my Udo's right before I eat breakfast. I also take flax at lunch and olive oil at dinner.

Licon
06-22-2006, 03:09 PM

The rationale behind no fats post workout is that your muscles are depleted at that point and you want to get your protien and carbs loaded in really fast.
Fats slow down your digestion, so at that point your muscles will not get the nutrients they need fast enough,

BabyMoto
06-24-2006, 09:13 AM
What exactly is Udos oil? What is the difference between Udos and Flaxseed oil? I right now put flaxseed oil in my shakes when I don't have a carb that meal but I would like to start using udos oil but need to know more about it but have heard good things about it so can anyone inform me more about it? Thanks.

rayteresa4
06-26-2006, 09:15 AM
What exactly is Udos oil? What is the difference between Udos and Flaxseed oil? I right now put flaxseed oil in my shakes when I don't have a carb that meal but I would like to start using udos oil but need to know more about it but have heard good things about it so can anyone inform me more about it? Thanks.

During training season I was informed that the "Flora" brand of Flaxseed Oil is best for women, and during the off season, then take the Udo's...I do not remember (low carbs), the reasoning, I will have to check that and get back to you. they are great sources of the fats you need though.

golfGirl
06-26-2006, 11:16 AM
I put UDO's on my baked potato or use it as a salad dressing. I love the stuff! It's especially good with Mrs Dash Table Blend and a teaspoon of lowfat parmesan cheese. So, in answer to your question, I take it at lunch and/or dinner.

darkangel
06-26-2006, 12:04 PM
What exactly is Udos oil?

Udo's is a blend of beneficial oils.

http://www.udoerasmus.com/products/oil_blend.htm

Del3031
06-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Fats tend to slow down digestion, and because you want to digest protein as quickly as possible post-workout, its counteractive to eat fats with your post-workout meal. I feel Udo's oil is ideal right before bed