PDA

View Full Version : Bob I have a herniated disc, help please

muhammad__ali
06-20-2006, 10:31 PM
Bob on the fitshow you mentioned you had your back fused together, of course because I am only almost 16 I don't want a surgery that will effect me the rest of my life. I have been injured for 10 weeks, and have been diagnosed with a herniated disc. The doctor has given me lots of meds, and he says I am going to be injected with steroids (chortisone) in 3 weeks. He said your injury can last up to a year.

Bob because you have gong through this injury I believe can you give me advice on how to get better or what not, or even how to stay in shape, because I am really down as I can't really perform any physical activity and my gains are just dissappearing.

AangleN
06-21-2006, 07:58 AM
herniated discs are no joke. you're going to need to take it easy for a while. i knew a guy who was back in the gym in 7 weeks doing everything but squats and deads but he was still in some pain.

also, you're 15..........you have a LONG time ahead of you, don't rush an injury. i rushed a shoulder injury when i was like 12 or 13 to get back playing football. big mistake.

1000hpstang
06-21-2006, 03:01 PM
I have had 2 back surgeries, 1 double level fusion with rods and screws and it is not fun. Get the cortisone shot and see if that helps. It does for a lot of people. Good luck

RCyea
06-21-2006, 03:26 PM
Kid, Bob is not a doctor. I would see a doctor or chiropractor for medical help, not a pro bodybuilder.

Pro Bob Chick
06-21-2006, 07:40 PM
I can tell you this...until you are 100%, don't even think about training.

A few questions:

What is the nature of your injury? (how did you do it?) Is this a one time thing, or an ongoing problem?

muhammad__ali
06-22-2006, 05:53 PM
I can tell you this...until you are 100%, don't even think about training.

A few questions:

What is the nature of your injury? (how did you do it?) Is this a one time thing, or an ongoing problem?

thanks for the reply. Well i've had pain from heavy deadlifting or rowing etc.. before, but that might have lasted 3-4 days. This happened a couple day after training, just about 10 weeks ago. Is it possible that I don't know exactly how it happened? I was outside and it just happened, i'm not sure if i bended down to pick something up, but I was outsied and I was just like 'oh ****'. Same pain since no improvement.

DuNeKo0n
06-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Go see a chiropractor. You probably need surgery if your disk is fully herniated, but still going for chiropractic checkups and getting adjustments a few times a week will definitely help. The doctor will probably tell you not to work out heavy for a while..he might actually put you in physical therapy after the surgery but you should listen to whatever he or she says. Herniated disks aint nothing to mess with.

gokudbz
06-09-2009, 12:26 AM
Dude your a young dude. Don't think you can use "heart" and "willl" to fight through the pain. Don't mess around with your back. Screw your gains. You can always get them back. You can never replace your spine. I assume your not in a whole lot of pain. I injured my back and had a herniated disc in my neck. I couldn't lift no matter how hard i tried. Moral of the story is go to a doctor asap and if you have pain lifting dont' do it. That simple.

Coal Man
06-09-2009, 04:40 AM
Dude your a young dude. Don't think you can use "heart" and "willl" to fight through the pain. Don't mess around with your back. Screw your gains. You can always get them back. You can never replace your spine. I assume your not in a whole lot of pain. I injured my back and had a herniated disc in my neck. I couldn't lift no matter how hard i tried. Moral of the story is go to a doctor asap and if you have pain lifting dont' do it. That simple.

nice attempt bro but the thread is 3 years old