PDA

View Full Version : increase fat to loose fat?

mnways
06-20-2006, 03:29 PM
I recently started eating peanut butter again after stopping for about 2 weeks.. gone insaine with it, I put it on everything lol. I feel i look leaner tho? My cardio has dropped dramtically fat increased( i didint have much fats in my diet befor other than a few nuts) did thegood fat cause me to loose fat??? i mean im eating at least 4-5 table spoons of the stuff?

iyamamaschke
06-20-2006, 05:28 PM
I know a lot Of people cut fats to the point it's not good for the body, good fats are essential to proper functioning of the body. I am really glad you can have the peaunt butter but, you can get into trouble eating cause it's a very calorically dense food and you should try not to eat quit as much. the 5 tbs you had is equal to about 500 calories so I am just saying be careful of the PB the calories can add up real fast. I love it too MMMMM

Sarah

emunah
06-20-2006, 07:28 PM
Fats are important, true. But they don't necessarily make you lose fat unless you are under maintenance.

mnways
06-20-2006, 09:00 PM
thxs for the replys :)
so most likely ive probably just been eating under my caloric needs.. i dont keep track to much just eat super healthy. How would i know how much fat is a good amount for me? i dont really even know my nessesary calories? dont really care i am under a little weight trying to gain cleanly. is 5 tablespoons really to much?

txssweetie
06-20-2006, 10:18 PM
Another factor could be all that cardio that you stopped doing. You probably weren't consuming enough calories for all that calorie expenditure so therefore, now that you're eating more, you're able to lose that fat that your body was trying to hold onto since there's a possibility your body was thinking it was in starvation mode.

emunah
06-21-2006, 07:01 AM
5 tbs is a lot. That's almost 50 grams of fat around...

How much fat depends on your current stats and goal.