PDA

View Full Version : Egg whites recipies

Heather6869
06-20-2006, 11:52 AM
Hi everyone!

I am trying to get in more lean proteins w/out using so many powers or shakes. I love egg whites and am looking for ideas on what to do with them? Any creative ideas or recipes?

fit123
06-20-2006, 12:51 PM
look in the recipes's thread (first sticky in the women's nutrition forum).

Also, search for eggwhites...If I remember there are other threads started with good recipes. That's where I got the suggestion of putting salsa on them. very yummy

jaim91
06-20-2006, 02:14 PM
Absolute best pancakes for dieting
1 whole egg
4 egg whites
1/2 cup whole oats
1/2 cup cottage cheese
Splenda and cinnamon to taste.
Mix all that up in a blender and that is your batter. Use sugar free syrup

And this one: http://www.menshealth.com/cda/recipe.do?site=MensHealth&channel=fitness&category=food.for.fitness&conitem=fd1199edbbbd201099edbbbd2010cfe793cd____

stacey 010
06-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Absolute best pancakes for dieting
1 whole egg
4 egg whites
1/2 cup whole oats
1/2 cup cottage cheese
Splenda and cinnamon to taste.
Mix all that up in a blender and that is your batter. Use sugar free syrup

And this one: http://www.menshealth.com/cda/recipe.do?site=MensHealth&channel=fitness&category=food.for.fitness&conitem=fd1199edbbbd201099edbbbd2010cfe793cd____

they sound really good. Mine are similar but with the cottage cheese, and are more blueberry pancakes

6 whites, 1 yolk
1/4 oatbran
1 dspn l.s.a
100g berries
splenda to taste
I top with natural yogurt or just as they are
mmmm

I was also obsessed with eating egg white snadwiches when I ate bread. Mix about 6whites and heaps of chives together then, lightly pan fry like a pancake. Lightly toast your bread, spead with low-fat cottage cheese, layer with spinach and place the pancake in the middle and the other slice of bread on top....mm....mmmm.....YUM! Boy, dot I miss that

imperfectly_lou
06-20-2006, 05:23 PM
I am a simple gal!

Cook 9 egg whites in the microwave and top with spicy bean salsa! I had it for dinner last night because I couldn't be bothered cooking.

emmie
06-21-2006, 04:08 AM
they sound really good. Mine are similar but with the cottage cheese, and are more blueberry pancakes

6 whites, 1 yolk
1/4 oatbran
1 dspn l.s.a
100g berries
splenda to taste
I top with natural yogurt or just as they are
mmmm

I was also obsessed with eating egg white snadwiches when I ate bread. Mix about 6whites and heaps of chives together then, lightly pan fry like a pancake. Lightly toast your bread, spead with low-fat cottage cheese, layer with spinach and place the pancake in the middle and the other slice of bread on top....mm....mmmm.....YUM! Boy, dot I miss that

Stacey, what is "1 dspn l.s.a."? Is a dsp= 1 teaspoon? Does l.s.a.= baking powder?
Thanks, Emma

sherdi
06-21-2006, 04:38 AM
I pour boiling water over my oats in the morning then add egg whites to the mix and micro on high for 1-2mins stiring halfway through, then I add sf syrup, fruit and nuts, so yummy! :)

I also love egg white omlettes, you can add any type of filling sweet or savory!!! MMM!

PopeGregorius
06-21-2006, 06:03 AM
This Australian dessert is no good for dieting but it uses lots of egg whites!

http://www.aussie-info.com/identity/food/pavlova.php
TRADITIONAL PAVLOVA
4-6 egg whites
pinch salt
8oz castor sugar/sugar (equal parts)
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 level teaspoons cornflour

Preheat oven to 400F(200C).
Lightly grease oven tray, line with baking paper or use non-stick cooking spray.

Beat the whites of eggs with a pinch of salt until stiff (until peaks form).
Continue beating, gradually adding sugar, vinegar and vanilla, until of thick consistency.
Lightly fold in cornflour.

Pile mixture into circular shape, making hollow in centre for filling.
(Mixture will swell during cooking)

Electric oven: turn oven to 250F (130C) and bake undisturbed for 1 1/2 hours.
Gas oven: bake at 400F (200C) for ten minutes, then turn oven to 250F (130C) and bake a further hour.
Turn oven off, leave pavlova in oven until cool.

Top with whipped cream and decorate with fruit as desired.

alohafitness
06-21-2006, 09:27 PM
I would use this even when I was competition dieting.

One carton eggwhites (10 eggwhites)
1 c. grated/shredded zuchinni
1/2 c. old fashioned oatmeal
1/2 c. splenda for baking (or more splenda if you like)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
(clove or pumpkin pie spice optional)
1/2 tsp. imitation vanilla

mix together all ingredients and bake in a 9" round cake pan at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes, or until the center is set. I eat 1/2 and call it a meal (when dieting).

IronManXXX
06-21-2006, 09:36 PM
I pour boiling water over my oats in the morning then add egg whites to the mix and micro on high for 1-2mins stiring halfway through, then I add sf syrup, fruit and nuts, so yummy! :)

I also love egg white omlettes, you can add any type of filling sweet or savory!!! MMM!

That sounds crazy, but I'm going to try it.

stacey 010
06-24-2006, 12:23 AM
Stacey, what is "1 dspn l.s.a."? Is a dsp= 1 teaspoon? Does l.s.a.= baking powder?
Thanks, Emma

hey em,
its ground linseeds, sunflour seeds and almonds. Its really yummy, just sprinkle on top of anything like oats, cc, put it in pancakes and i even love it in my shakes.

stacey 010
06-24-2006, 12:24 AM
Thanks, Emma

oh and dspn is dessert spoon, which is about 2 teaspoons, i just hate using teaspoons, too small!!! hehe

emmie
06-24-2006, 02:26 PM
hey em,
its ground linseeds, sunflour seeds and almonds. Its really yummy, just sprinkle on top of anything like oats, cc, put it in pancakes and i even love it in my shakes.

Thanks for the info, Stacey. Is L.S.A. something that you make yourself or can you purchase it? I use ground linseeds (we call it flaxseeds), but I'll bet the almonds add a nice flavor.

- Emma

stacey 010
06-24-2006, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the info, Stacey. Is L.S.A. something that you make yourself or can you purchase it? I use ground linseeds (we call it flaxseeds), but I'll bet the almonds add a nice flavor.

- Emma

hey em,
i get it either from GNC in melbourne or at most supermarkets under the cereal isle and/or health food section. the almonds and sunflours make it great. Im obsessed with it and put in on and in everything...hehe...