PDA

View Full Version : Bodybuilder to Figure competitor - HELP!!!!

st_19962001
06-19-2006, 05:35 AM
I am and have been a state level female bodybuilder for 7 years with my last show weigh in at 157lbs lean. Now, I am finished competing, but want to slim down and look more like a figure competitor - hard and lean, and not big and full-bellied with muscle size.

Can anyone help with training suggestions, diet advice, and supplements? I have tried but every time my muslce mass drops, my skin saggs and I get disgusted. I realize I must go through a transformation, but the between stage kills me!!!

Has anyone successfully made the transition and willing to share their secrets?

ST

AangleN
06-19-2006, 12:02 PM
well pictures would help, and im not saying that to be a perv. if you're on androgens you'll need to phase out of that. it won't be an overnight process, and it will take getting used to since you won't be feeling as full or big as you once did. it won't be as bad if you realize that you'll look much better doing it over the span of a year or two rather than 3 months.

alohafitness
06-21-2006, 12:08 AM
I'm no expert. My trainer used to do figure and then moved to bbing and then thought about going back to figure but liked having the xtra muscle b/c she could eat more and she hates cardio. I gain muscle easily/hard to lose fat and should be a bb to suit my genetics, but I chose to do figure because I've always wanted to be smaller, not bigger. My answer is: CARDIO. A lot of high-intensity cardio. And instead of splits I would do a full body circuit at medium weight/high reps/high intensity. Throw in some yoga and pilates to elongate the muscles. If you had "help" to get big then of course you would want to cut out the AAS. If it was me, I would start doing triathlons, because those athletes are light and lean--and maybe it would be fun to try something new??? And something else to think about: a lot of women (Monica Brandt, for example) switched from bbing to figure when it became popular, so there must be some articles somewhere about how they did it.

AangleN
06-21-2006, 06:29 AM
I'm no expert. My trainer used to do figure and then moved to bbing and then thought about going back to figure but liked having the xtra muscle b/c she could eat more and she hates cardio. I gain muscle easily/hard to lose fat and should be a bb to suit my genetics, but I chose to do figure because I've always wanted to be smaller, not bigger. My answer is: CARDIO. A lot of high-intensity cardio. And instead of splits I would do a full body circuit at medium weight/high reps/high intensity. Throw in some yoga and pilates to elongate the muscles. If you had "help" to get big then of course you would want to cut out the AAS. If it was me, I would start doing triathlons, because those athletes are light and lean--and maybe it would be fun to try something new??? And something else to think about: a lot of women (Monica Brandt, for example) switched from bbing to figure when it became popular, so there must be some articles somewhere about how they did it.
you cannot elongate muscles. they are what they are due to your genetics. thatrs a myth.

the biggest thing will be your diet. lifting itself isn't the issue.

alohafitness
06-21-2006, 11:04 PM
you cannot elongate muscles. they are what they are due to your genetics. thatrs a myth.

the biggest thing will be your diet. lifting itself isn't the issue.

Well then, what do you suggest? I'm curious. Just eat the same but cut total calories? Work out the same (lift/cardio)?