PDA

View Full Version : I could use some help

uudishimu
06-19-2006, 01:16 AM
Hi! I have a problem, well actually my mother has one. She is 48 years old 170cm and 90kg, mother of one child, that's me btw im 17. The problem is that she is a bit fat, but the good thing is that she whats to start working out. There isn't a good gym anywhere nearby, but i have few dumbells which she can use, i can change the weight on the dumbells. She could use some full body training, not too hard and it should probably be long term like 1year or something like that. I know its time consuming to make a work routine for someone, but maybe someone could find the time.
Im not sure what exercises she should do at her age, that's why i figured i could ask some help from the professionals.
I'd appreciate some feedback.

ashley9601
06-19-2006, 09:08 AM
Hi! I have a problem, well actually my mother has one. She is 48 years old 170cm and 90kg, mother of one child, that's me btw im 17. The problem is that she is a bit fat, but the good thing is that she whats to start working out. There isn't a good gym anywhere nearby, but i have few dumbells which she can use, i can change the weight on the dumbells. She could use some full body training, not too hard and it should probably be long term like 1year or something like that. I know its time consuming to make a work routine for someone, but maybe someone could find the time.
Im not sure what exercises she should do at her age, that's why i figured i could ask some help from the professionals.
I'd appreciate some feedback.
No one is just going to sit down and make up a routine for you. Do some searching and you'll find what you're looking for.

uudishimu
06-19-2006, 02:09 PM
I did some research but im not sure, there just way too much information. I know how i need to workout for the results i want, but i know nothing about how women should train. IF someone could just tell me like how many set she should do and how long the session should be for fat loss. I can probably make the routine for her.

Simpy
06-20-2006, 07:06 AM
http://bodybuilding.com/fun/workoutdatabase.htm

Go here for this site's workout database. Type in full-body if that's what you think she needs, and the number of times she should workout each week. You should get lots of results.

As for fat loss and basic strength gains, I would go with a program that allows for 12-15 reps. It's a good starting number of reps. As she progresses, she can lower her reps to help in the addition of muscle. Adding muscle will increase her metabolism even more, which will help her to burn extra fat. If she really wants to lose fat, she'll also need to add in cardio and watch her diet.

terracotta
06-20-2006, 09:46 PM
go to my site.. everything is laid out clearly.. http://terracotta2.googlepages.com

deedlit
06-23-2006, 05:32 PM
Hi uudishimu,

I think it's great that you are helping your mom with her workout. The type of workout you want to design for her will have to be based on her fitness level. Is she just starting or has she been doing some sort of workout on her own.

Since she is a little out of shape I would have her start with daily walks or slow jogs. Get her a ****meter, it will help motivate her. She will definitely need that part to start melting off the fat and build some endurance. As Simpy mentioned, she will need some cardio.

As for weight training I don't it matters at what age she is, most workouts are cater to any age, it just depends on personal fitness level. I would start with light weights for her with basic bicep curls, shoulder presses, chest presses. Of course you'll have to change that every once in a while so that her body doesn't get accustomed to the routine.

Another thing that work for my mom who's about your mom's age is doing some beginner pilates or yoga. I find pilates to be safer for beginners (less of a contortionist likes workout imo :D ). It's low impact and works the core which will be a lot of help.

Last but not least, if she is going to start a routine, don't forget the supplements. Calcium is very important and glucosamine might help her.

I hope this helps. Good luck!