PDA

View Full Version : *MN/X factor reps...please help explain this!*

duhfewcha6
06-18-2006, 03:21 PM
Ok, so i got my 2 bottle sof x factor, took my first dosage yesterday...started my "put together diet" no fish and such...i took the first dosage,1 cap, in the mrning around 11 am, i went to work out at 7pm so i took my 2 caps at 6, by the time 7 rolled aorund i had the absolute worst headache that anybody could ever imagine..and guess what?! I couldnt take aspirin!!!!!!!!!holy ****, what to do, what to do, i stuck it out and went to the gym....after a few sets on inlcline bench, my head got worse i felt energyless, jittery and i felt like i had to puke....please help explain this situation...there was nothing that day that i ate would have caused this....coincedently the day i start a product with which u cant take aspirin, i get the worst headache ever!...any help would be appreciated, this has actually turned me away from ALL supplements except creatine, protein and vitamin related supps because this experience was so bad!

edit: and i have had absolutely no prob with trying new supps in the past

MuZI
06-18-2006, 03:24 PM
How's the hydration?

How long between cycles?

laz
06-18-2006, 03:44 PM
Maybe it was coincidence and you were indeed just getting sick.

Amino89
06-18-2006, 03:44 PM
If you don't want the 2 X-Factor bottles you could always send em my way for a dollar or two.

bodybuilder45
06-18-2006, 03:46 PM
take 1 cap 4x daily as oppose to 2 caps. i find that headaches are commonly reported when double dosing or taking doses too close together. i personally havent had a problem with it but ive noticed that others do. however, upset stomaches get common for me while on x factor :( oh well, its worth it from the results ive experienced.

Joel
06-18-2006, 04:23 PM
Despite any negative side effects reported , X-Factor has been proven safe and effective by trained athletes

(at least that is what the Molecular Rep says)

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=820201

uhockey
06-18-2006, 04:36 PM
There is absolutely no way Xfactor "caused" your headache in a single day. The plasma concentration couldn't have been high enough to induce any prostaglandin effects.

Why the hell are you taking ASA for headaches anyhow? Use Tylenol.

ASA should only be used for it's anticoagulant properties and only in persons with significant risk for CAD.

punksurfer024
06-18-2006, 04:39 PM
take 1 cap 4x daily as oppose to 2 caps. i find that headaches are commonly reported when double dosing or taking doses too close together. i personally havent had a problem with it but ive noticed that others do. however, upset stomaches get common for me while on x factor :( oh well, its worth it from the results ive experienced.

at one point (not sure of any new dosing protocols) it was said to take 3 servings a day 2 of the servings being one pill and the 3rd *pre workout* being 2 pills to equal the 1000 mg of AA

OneBetter
06-18-2006, 04:41 PM
at one point (not sure of any new dosing protocols) it was said to take 3 servings a day 2 of the servings being one pill and the 3rd *pre workout* being 2 pills to equal the 1000 mg of AA

i'm pretty sure that's still the dosing protocol, or just split it up into 4 seperate doses, whichever works.

punksurfer024
06-18-2006, 04:43 PM
i'm pretty sure that's still the dosing protocol.

thats how i dosed it during my cycle, just didnt know if it had changed at all.

Joel
06-18-2006, 05:11 PM
There is absolutely no way Xfactor "caused" your headache in a single day. The plasma concentration couldn't have been high enough to induce any prostaglandin effects.

Why are you so quick to vehemently defend X-Factor, and Moleculars Rep is always front and center when it comes to defending a DS product ?

You really dont know for sure that he didnt have a reaction to the AA. I think you need to go back and re-read your own Disclaimer.

uhockey
06-18-2006, 06:25 PM
AA is involved in the body's common pathways......allergies to endogenous products are beyond rare.

You, Joel, are becoming more of a joke with each post. I used to at least respect you.....now that has changed. At the very best, you are useless to this board.

Joel
06-18-2006, 06:29 PM
AA is involved in the body's common pathways......allergies to endogenous products are beyond rare.

You, Joel, are becoming more of a joke with each post. I used to at least respect you.....now that has changed. At the very best, you are useless to this board.

Ok, Doctor Mike, please read CandaBboys log of X-Factor and explain in detail the reason for all of his negative side effects, since you are obviously a self-acclaimed expert on AA

Thanks

wanabebigga
06-18-2006, 06:32 PM
agree'd , joel why must you pop up in everythread bashin everyone everything, gets old for people who acctully are interested in thread, mean not to be rude but start your own "i hate supplement" thread and the haters can read and you guys can flame let us have a post without a war.

everytime a good thread gets going you hijack it and it turns into a war then it just goes to waste and people who acctully have stuff to say abandon the post cause they'd rather not argue with you because you see black and white, for us people who dont know it all like you why not let us be stupid if thats what we are and have a thread.

Joel
06-18-2006, 06:38 PM
agree'd , joel why must you pop up in everythread bashin everyone everything, gets old for people who acctully are interested in thread, mean not to be rude but start your own "i hate supplement" thread and the haters can read and you guys can flame let us have a post without a war.

everytime a good thread gets going you hijack it and it turns into a war then it just goes to waste and people who acctully have stuff to say abandon the post cause they'd rather not argue with you because you see black and white, for us people who dont know it all like you why not let us be stupid if thats what we are and have a thread.

Look this guy had a negative reaction ok , and then a Rep from a different company jumps in and criticizes him basically, telling him its impossible that its X-Factor , when the truth is there is still MUCH that is unknown about this relatively new product. This is not the first time a negative side effect has been reported from an X-Factor user, the jury is still out on many aspects of AA, including its SAFETY.

Yes Im sure from a financial standpoint its best to just silence threads like this quickly.

jmil
06-18-2006, 06:50 PM
Look this guy had a negative reaction ok , and then a Rep from a different company jumps in and criticizes him basically, telling him its impossible that its X-Factor , when the truth is there is still MUCH that is unknown about this relatively new product. This is not the first time a negative side effect has been reported from an X-Factor user, the jury is still out on many aspects of AA, including its SAFETY.

Yes Im sure from a financial standpoint its best to just silence threads like this quickly.

LOL, thanks for chiming in guys we apreciate it.......I actually have enjoyed some of Joel's posts in the past, and at times I think he makes some good points. Maybe I'm missing something, but I only see him bash CL and x-factor, I don't know what the vendetta is in every thread, but hey..it's a free forum, he can do what he wants. But again, thanks to Uhockey, bodybuilder, and everyone else who helped answer the question in the thread.

And Joel, as for Uhockey, he is one of the most knowledgeable/smartest people I have talked to...Him and Phosphate are easily in my top 5 for most knowledgeable people on this board. If he said something negative about x-factor, I would believe him too...but just because people have had some side effects (and you always mention Canadabboy...that was a rare case, and he has been willing to work with us...he doesn't bash it, so why should you bash it for him), doesn't mean anything. Many products have side effects, these are quite tolerable compared to others IMO, and many users don't have any. But hey, to each their own...if you feel the need to chime in, who am I to say not to. I have no ill will or hard feelings, it's an online forum, and there will always be people who are going to disagree, nothing you can do about that. take care.

Joel
06-18-2006, 06:54 PM
, as for Uhockey, he is one of the most knowledgeable/smartest people I have talked to...Him and Phosphate are easily in my top 5 for most knowledgeable people on this board. .

And ?

punksurfer024
06-18-2006, 06:54 PM
i agree with joel in the sence that saying there is NO WAY that it could have cuased it is a bit over the top as you dont know the exact way his body is reacting to the supplement. it may not be the cuase but it very well maybe and ive heard from alot of ppl that while on cycle they are experiencing severe headaches. but i also agree with wannabebig about hijacking the thread, joel didnt really need to bring up the ties between MN and DS. but im just lil ol punksurfer so have at if ya like.

Joel
06-18-2006, 07:01 PM
i agree with joel in the sence that saying there is NO WAY that it could have cuased it is a bit over the top as you dont know the exact way his body is reacting to the supplement. it may not be the cuase but it very well maybe and ive heard from alot of ppl that while on cycle they are experiencing severe headaches. but i also agree with wannabebig about hijacking the thread, joel didnt really need to bring up the ties between MN and DS. but im just lil ol punksurfer so have at if ya like.

Reason I brought up MN and DS is because Ive noticed a trend of the MN rep (Aetern) praising DS products http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=572162, while DS reps are quick to jump in and praise or defend X-Factor. They promote a stack of X-Factor +NHA(includes THREE DS products) so its in the best financial interest of both companies to keep the reviews positive for their products. At the same time , a "breaking news" study is posted that "proves" X-Factor is "effective and safe" , so threads like this will be silenced if possible. Uhockey has no authority or qualifications to say that X-Factor "absolutely did not cause" the OPs headache. And you can see his tone " Why the hell .... " are you taking aspirin etc, so clearly he is offended by this thread.

Qb6++
06-18-2006, 07:12 PM
I usually take side effects with a grain of salt when it comes to legal products, such as X-factor. I am generally pleased when I take something and actually feel it working in some fashion. Today was my 6th day of X-factor and from the 4th day I have felt extremely weak, muscularly. As if Im on some type of muscle relaxer medication.

It will pass, Im sure...or at least I hope :) , and all will be well and progress will be made.

Headaches arent side effects...acne isnt a side effect, when I wake up in the hospital with tubes running down my throat and someone asking me if my will is up to date...then I'll consider it a side effect; then maybe, just maybe I'll worry about it a bit.

Due note the heavy sarcasm, but in reality Im being serious. Too many people whine and complain about the littlest nothings.

Joel
06-18-2006, 07:14 PM
Today was my 6th day of X-factor and from the 4th day I have felt extremely weak, muscularly. As if Im on some type of muscle relaxer medication.

Interesting, good luck

jmil
06-18-2006, 07:24 PM
And ?

and what?...you can't put 2 and 2 together as to what I meant by that?? And of course that's the only part you chose to address. I guess it's not even worth responding to your posts, ahhhh well...basketball game is on, peaaacce and hair grease.

Joel
06-18-2006, 07:33 PM
and what?...you can't put 2 and 2 together as to what I meant by that?? .

And Im supposed to be impressed that a Molecular Rep (who promotes a stack of MN and DS products ) claims that a DS rep is one of the smartest people he knows ?

Um, that means nothing to me lol

jmil
06-18-2006, 07:41 PM
And Im supposed to be impressed that a Molecular Rep (who promotes a stack of MN and DS products ) claims that a DS rep is one of the smartest people he knows ?

Um, that means nothing to me lol

hmmmm, should you be impressed...After pondering for a moment,Yea, I think so.

Phosphate bond
06-18-2006, 07:43 PM
Ok, so i got my 2 bottle sof x factor, took my first dosage yesterday...started my "put together diet" no fish and such...

Well this severe avoidance of fish will get you no extra benefits so I wouldn't be using this strategy.

As for your headache, I have no idea why this occurred? For me AA always works side effect free if I don't neglect omega 3s. (although to be honest I use less omega 3 now than I did in the past)

Joel
06-18-2006, 07:44 PM
hmmmm, should you be impressed...After pondering for a moment,Yea, I think so.

Gotta love the E-gos around here lmao

Joel
06-18-2006, 07:46 PM
For me AA always works side effect free if I don't neglect omega 3s. (although to be honest I use less omega 3 now than I did in the past)

Can I ask what side effects occur if and when you do neglect omega 3s ?

jmil
06-18-2006, 07:46 PM

Yes, yes you do Joel, the "E-gos" around here are incredible...definitely something we should all watch out for... Thank you for opening our eyes!

Phosphate bond
06-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Ok, Doctor Mike, please read CandaBboys log of X-Factor and explain in detail the reason for all of his negative side effects, since you are obviously a self-acclaimed expert on AA

Thanks

Its tough to say why that happened, but judging from my past experience with flax and heavy omega 3 they seem to "sensitize" you to any omega 6 effects. Its almost like by blocking arachidonic acid for so long your body just feels the effects of even the slightest bit that gets through.

beer20
06-18-2006, 07:51 PM
damn joel,taking on MN and DS at the same time... :D

Joel
06-18-2006, 07:52 PM
damn joel,taking on MN and DS at the same time... :D

lmao you want some too ?

bring it !

beer20
06-18-2006, 07:56 PM
lmao you want some too ?

bring it !
im not a rep...
what are you going to do,talk smack about beer?!

go eat some magic mushrooms and grow up!!!

:D

dangetinthere
06-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Interesting, good luck
Joel calm your nerves! Takeing peoples quotes out of context is not the way to solve problems... it is makeing you look like a fool. Be easy

~Dan~

Joel
06-18-2006, 07:58 PM
im not a rep...
what are you going to do,talk smack about beer?!

go eat some magic mushrooms and grow up!!!

:D

and you better not become a Rep !

Im counting on you not to

lol I miss Martel :(

Joel
06-18-2006, 07:59 PM
! Takeing peoples quotes out of context

~Dan~

show me

dangetinthere
06-18-2006, 08:02 PM
Funny guy. Joel I am trying to help you out here. I have never said a negative thing about you. In fact I think you reped me at one point. Quit being so rude.

Joel
06-18-2006, 08:04 PM
. In fact I think you reped me at one point. .

I will fix that soon enough

Negged when I recharge

dangetinthere
06-18-2006, 08:29 PM
I will fix that soon enough

Negged when I recharge
Thanks buddy :) and you want people to listen to you??? Yup this is the way you do it :)

Where is your daddy Lurker to give you some direction?

I am done here.

Ohh you first

laz
06-18-2006, 09:15 PM
So much e-rumbling. This just reiterates why i dont post here very often. Guys just lighten up, its a supp board for crying out loud.

G.W. Hayduke
06-18-2006, 09:36 PM
Ok, so i got my 2 bottle sof x factor, took my first dosage yesterday...started my "put together diet" no fish and such...i took the first dosage,1 cap, in the mrning around 11 am, i went to work out at 7pm so i took my 2 caps at 6, by the time 7 rolled aorund i had the absolute worst headache that anybody could ever imagine..and guess what?! I couldnt take aspirin!!!!!!!!!holy ****, what to do, what to do, i stuck it out and went to the gym....after a few sets on inlcline bench, my head got worse i felt energyless, jittery and i felt like i had to puke....please help explain this situation...there was nothing that day that i ate would have caused this....coincedently the day i start a product with which u cant take aspirin, i get the worst headache ever!...any help would be appreciated, this has actually turned me away from ALL supplements except creatine, protein and vitamin related supps because this experience was so bad!

It's the two caps at once. DO NOT take two caps at once. The same thing happens to me.

duhfewcha6
06-18-2006, 09:45 PM

naw man honestly i will admit, you were a little quick on defending MN and x factor...i mean i was soooo excited, maybe it just reacted with me like it reacted with other people in the same way...not a doctor in the world (including u, no offense)can gaurantee that taking x factor for one day wont cause a severe headache and nausea...

wanabebigga
06-18-2006, 09:46 PM
Joel.. REP POWER in the red.. oh oh oh a Zero with 2,900 posts oh my

duhfewcha6
06-18-2006, 09:48 PM
Well this severe avoidance of fish will get you no extra benefits so I wouldn't be using this strategy.

As for your headache, I have no idea why this occurred? For me AA always works side effect free if I don't neglect omega 3s. (although to be honest I use less omega 3 now than I did in the past)

wow thats funny because X factor says to avoid omega 3s, are u telling me otherwise?

40-Yard Dash_2
06-18-2006, 09:49 PM
wow thats funny because X factor says to avoid omega 3s, are u telling me otherwise?

Geez,

When are you guys going to get it?

troller101
06-18-2006, 09:49 PM

It sounds like a coincidence, you very well may have been just getting sick...

duhfewcha6
06-18-2006, 09:51 PM
I usually take side effects with a grain of salt when it comes to legal products, such as X-factor. I am generally pleased when I take something and actually feel it working in some fashion. Today was my 6th day of X-factor and from the 4th day I have felt extremely weak, muscularly. As if Im on some type of muscle relaxer medication.

It will pass, Im sure...or at least I hope :) , and all will be well and progress will be made.

Headaches arent side effects...acne isnt a side effect, when I wake up in the hospital with tubes running down my throat and someone asking me if my will is up to date...then I'll consider it a side effect; then maybe, just maybe I'll worry about it a bit.

Due note the heavy sarcasm, but in reality Im being serious. Too many people whine and complain about the littlest nothings.

little things??? haha, i was on the verge of passing out and asking my workout partner to take me to the ER....u "little things" if only u could have felt it...

duhfewcha6
06-18-2006, 09:55 PM

not ONLY for me, but he is maing a very valuable valid point here....i just dont want to be the one to prove it unsafe or prove it as something not completely side effect free, i would love to be able to do a cycle, just at the moments I am a little frazzeled about what happened...

duhfewcha6
06-18-2006, 09:57 PM
Geez,

When are you guys going to get it?

well if u dont explain i guess NEVER, im not a fukin doctor dude, i would love to try this product, but people like u arent fukin helping!

Commonpremier21
06-18-2006, 10:01 PM

I don't know the level of seriousness you wrote that post with, but if you've started taking something new and it's giving you NEGATIVE 'side effects', you've got to wonder. I know it's good you're 'feeling' something, but this is AA we're talking about, not some creatine product. In the guy's post, it's not like he's reporting some itch on his back, from what I can understand, it's a massive headache which he's never expeirenced before, i wouldn't call it 'littlest of nothing'.

Seth25
06-18-2006, 10:41 PM
how long did the headache last?

Phosphate bond
06-18-2006, 10:50 PM

We are writing a new FAQ, but essentially you should avoid "supplemental" omega 3s (particularly stuff like tablespoons of flax). Now as far as avoiding omega 3 in food--that's probably taking it too far unless you are on some kind of Eskimo diet.

Personally I just think x factor works better with some omega 3 (particularly long chain as found in fish oil) but not too much. All this is very subjective and its hard to draw a hard line.

whitedevil74
06-18-2006, 10:55 PM
It's the two caps at once. DO NOT take two caps at once. The same thing happens to me.

Just curious, why would that induce a headache?

Seth25
06-18-2006, 11:04 PM
lmao you want some too ?

bring it !
joel, have you been drinking tonight?

duhfewcha6
06-18-2006, 11:45 PM
how long did the headache last? to a certain extent it lasted the rest of the night...from about 4 or 5pm to 7-8 was the most severe...after that i just felt like ****, but my headache dropped to pounding and not exploding...

Seth25
06-18-2006, 11:53 PM
see when i took it i was taking 2 pre workout and felt fine. if i were you i'd try to split up the four doses evenly and try one more day. if the same happens stop taking it and get your $ back

jmil
06-19-2006, 12:03 AM
little things??? haha, i was on the verge of passing out and asking my workout partner to take me to the ER....u "little things" if only u could have felt it...

I definitely hear you man, I have had a few things that have been pretty horrible where people have been like, "ahh dude, don't worry about it"..and you're just like, "what, you have no f****** clue what I'm feeling like" Don't worry man, I'm with you...I've been there, and I definitely have compassion for that.

Try what Aeter said, don't take the 2 pills at one time, and let's see how you feel. Make sure you stay hydrated, and are drinking enough water, as I have found that helps me a lot. Also, you could try taking it with your preworkout shake. Try those things, and if you already take it with food and are drinking enough, take just 1 pill. It will build up the same way, it's really no big deal whatsoever if you take it in 3 doses or 4. I hope you feel better tomorrow, please send me a PM to tell me how you're feeling tomorrow. Talk to ya then bro, take care.

Seth25
06-19-2006, 12:10 AM
please send me a PM
you respond to pm's? i sent you 2 when i was on xf with questions and you never got back to me....:confused:

duhfewcha6
06-19-2006, 12:20 AM
I definitely hear you man, I have had a few things that have been pretty horrible where people have been like, "ahh dude, don't worry about it"..and you're just like, "what, you have no f****** clue what I'm feeling like" Don't worry man, I'm with you...I've been there, and I definitely have compassion for that.

Try what Aeter said, don't take the 2 pills at one time, and let's see how you feel. Make sure you stay hydrated, and are drinking enough water, as I have found that helps me a lot. Also, you could try taking it with your preworkout shake. Try those things, and if you already take it with food and are drinking enough, take just 1 pill. It will build up the same way, it's really no big deal whatsoever if you take it in 3 doses or 4. I hope you feel better tomorrow, please send me a PM to tell me how you're feeling tomorrow. Talk to ya then bro, take care.

alrite man thanks...im gonna go four doses tomorrow along with the hydration and shake, ill let u know...

jmil
06-19-2006, 12:26 AM
you respond to pm's? i sent you 2 when i was on xf with questions and you never got back to me....:confused:

Yes, I respond to PM's...I do receive a lot, and I will admit there's been a couple of times where I have meant to write back later, and just have completely forgotten. Yours must have been one of those times. I apologize, as I am always willing and ready to help people out. I'm assuming it's probably already too late now, but if you ever need anything, please let me know.

Joel
06-19-2006, 12:58 AM
Ok, so i got my 2 bottle sof x factor, took my first dosage yesterday...started my "put together diet" no fish and such...i took the first dosage,1 cap, in the mrning around 11 am, i went to work out at 7pm so i took my 2 caps at 6, by the time 7 rolled aorund i had the absolute worst headache that anybody could ever imagine

There is absolutely no way Xfactor "caused" your headache in a single day.

Dr Uhockey was kind enough to stop by and said it was absolutely NOT the X-Factor .

Now lets hear from the Molecular Rep :

I think you Reps need to get your stories straight before attempting to help each other out

X-Factor Customer : I took some X-Factor today, and got the WORST headache ever
Dr Uhockey (DS Rep): There is absolutely no way the X-Factor caused your headache
Dr Aeternitatis(MN Rep) : Dont take 2 at once, the same thing happens to me
X-Factor Customer : WTF ???

LMAO

Joel
06-19-2006, 01:56 AM
We are writing a new FAQ, .

How many does that make now ?

Zebinator
06-19-2006, 04:22 AM

BANANAS!!!! Eat about 2 to 3 bananas a day bro, I had bad headaches from XF too and bananas actually worked great. Also if it's that intense of a headache you could take a well known poison called Tylenol. It's not an NSAID so you can actually use it if you don't mind killing your liver a little :) Good luck!! :)

Joel
06-19-2006, 04:41 AM
I had bad headaches from XF too

Interesting

Seth25
06-19-2006, 09:55 AM
Yes, I respond to PM's...I do receive a lot, and I will admit there's been a couple of times where I have meant to write back later, and just have completely forgotten. Yours must have been one of those times. I apologize, as I am always willing and ready to help people out. I'm assuming it's probably already too late now, but if you ever need anything, please let me know.

Its ok, i just wanted to bring it to your attention. i'm not mad at ya :) but yeah my cycle is over

xtraflossy
06-19-2006, 10:24 AM
Good lord! Just take the damn Asprin!!!!
One or two aspirin is not going to negate the effects of AA. Especially since you just started taking it.
There are some SUPPLEMENTAL changes that should bedone, but thats not to say you can't have tuna every once in whaile. Seriously, an X-factor cycle is like 50 days. An asprin carries antiflamitory effects for what?,.. like 4 hours.
If you took a day off of the gym because of the headache, I'm sure that taking an asprin and Going to the gym would be more bennificial (unless you needed time off in the first place).
Sometimes you just need an answer, and dont need all the drama, reps, 64 posts for an answer while your head is splitting :)

Joel
06-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Good lord! Just take the damn Asprin!!!!
One or two aspirin is not going to negate the effects of AA. Especially since you just started taking it.
There are some SUPPLEMENTAL changes that should bedone, but thats not to say you can't have tuna every once in whaile. Seriously, an X-factor cycle is like 50 days. An asprin carries antiflamitory effects for what?,.. like 4 hours.
If you took a day off of the gym because of the headache, I'm sure that taking an asprin and Going to the gym would be more bennificial (unless you needed time off in the first place).
Sometimes you just need an answer, and dont need all the drama, reps, 64 posts for an answer while your head is splitting :)

Dr Mike says :

Why the hell are you taking ASA for headaches anyhow? Use Tylenol.

ASA should only be used for it's anticoagulant properties and only in persons with significant risk for CAD.

xtraflossy
06-19-2006, 10:39 AM
Oh common!
Asprin / tylonal / ibproffin.... Whatever you usually use for headach's.

- Pick one, in any case, my point remains the same. If you have an headach- take something for it if it's that bad.

G.W. Hayduke
06-19-2006, 01:36 PM
Do not use any of the above recommended NSAIDs while on X-Factor. It will counteract the effects.

There are three things you can do to prevent headaches:

1) Do not take more than one cap at a time
2) Increase intake of potassium
3) Increase water intake

Being sure to take the capsule with food may also help prevent the occurence of headache.

uhockey
06-19-2006, 03:11 PM
naw man honestly i will admit, you were a little quick on defending MN and x factor...i mean i was soooo excited, maybe it just reacted with me like it reacted with other people in the same way...not a doctor in the world (including u, no offense)can gaurantee that taking x factor for one day wont cause a severe headache and nausea...

I can guarantee it's not an allergic reaction.

uhockey
06-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Dr Mike says :

I'm not a doctor, Moron Joel.

Given adequate alternatives, Asprin is not the best option for headaches. Read the literature or go talk any good doctor, none will say Asprin is the best choice for headache relief.

Since XF recommends avoiding Advil, Tylenol (being a NON-NSAID) is the best choice.

Joel
06-19-2006, 03:33 PM
I'm not a doctor, Moron Joel.

Given adequate alternatives, Asprin is not the best option for headaches. Read the literature or go talk any good doctor, none will say Asprin is the best choice for headache relief.

Since XF recommends avoiding Advil, Tylenol (being a NON-NSAID) is the best choice.

Then why are you saying with absolution that the X-Factor did not cause the headache ?

There is absolutely no way Xfactor "caused" your headache in a single day. .

The official X-Factor Rep says he also experienced headaches when using the same dose (2 caps at once ).

Yes, I know your not a Doctor, I am mocking you.

G.W. Hayduke
06-19-2006, 04:04 PM
Then why are you saying with absolution that the X-Factor did not cause the headache ?

The official X-Factor Rep says he also experienced headaches when using the same dose (2 caps at once ).

Yes, I know your not a Doctor, I am mocking you.
First of all, everyone is wrong occasionally. Or in your case, all the time.

Notice how the word "caused" is in quotations. That implies that it was not directly a result of X-Factor and more likely a peripheral effect.

uhockey
06-19-2006, 04:20 PM
First of all, everyone is wrong occasionally. Or in your case, all the time.

Notice how the word "caused" is in quotations. That implies that it was not directly a result of X-Factor and more likely a peripheral effect.

As we determined months ago, Joel only uses context when it fits his agenda.

Unless this user had not consumed ANY red meat, eggs, etc. in quite some time, I still do not believe that a single day of XF could have caused this problem.

Correct me if I'm wrong aeter, but you said 2 caps gave you a headache......were those two caps taken on DAY ONE or was this 2 caps at once during the midst of an Xfactor cycle?

G.W. Hayduke
06-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong aeter, but you said 2 caps gave you a headache......were those two caps taken on DAY ONE or was this 2 caps at once during the midst of an Xfactor cycle?
Now that i think about it, it was in the midst of a cycle. Interesting.

Phosphate bond
06-19-2006, 04:39 PM
How many does that make now ?

I have no idea, I thought the second? Besides we've learned some new things since then (like the reduction in IL-6 for example) so it will always be adapting.

uhockey
06-19-2006, 04:43 PM
Now that i think about it, it was in the midst of a cycle. Interesting.

I don't doubt for a moment that Canadabboy's sides were real. I know it wasn't an allergy, however.

I also don't doubt for a moment that after 5-6 days of Xfactor that someone predisposed to prostaglandin induced pain/neuropathy/GI-distress could start to experience adverse effects. If prostaglanding, interleukin, and/or stress steroid levels were already high (from endogenous causes or exogenous consumption) I also don't doubt that an acute dose of 2-caps could exaccerbate these effects.

What I DO doubt, however, considering the AA------>PG cascade is a long metabolic pathway ongoing at low/medium levels at all times in the avegage individual, is that on DAY ONE, a dose of Xfactor (much of which will be malabsorbed/detoxed in the liver/inactivated systemically) will acutely cause illness.

ericpeavey
06-19-2006, 04:57 PM
Interesting

joel you are a tool. SHUT UP

xtraflossy
06-20-2006, 10:38 AM
Do not use any of the above recommended NSAIDs while on X-Factor. It will counteract the effects.

There are three things you can do to prevent headaches:

1) Do not take more than one cap at a time
2) Increase intake of potassium
3) Increase water intake

Being sure to take the capsule with food may also help prevent the occurence of headache.

How about RECOMEND that you avoid using NSAIDs,... obviously, if your in great pain,... take something for it. 1 or 2 tylonal in 50 days of X-factor wont negate effects to any noticable degree.
If your headach is keeping you from eating, going to the gym, then taking a tylonal that may negate effects only for a few hours will just put you "at baseline",.. meaning you'll have a "normal" workout, because inflimation will be reduced.
Im NOT saying Go ahead and pop NSAIDs like candy! Im saying there is a balance that must be reached and concenquebnces to be weighed while taking any supplement. If you feel it necessary, take something to reduce pain.
If you happen to drop a weight on your toe, and crush it- Take the GD pain medication your prescribed. This may be a little extream, but a informed person will realize 1 or 2 tylonol will not cancel out everything you have worked for while on X-factor.
One a second note, if you become !seriously! in pain, and find yourself struggeling with the decission to take pain meds, or NSAIDs, because your taking X-factor, there are probably bigger problems you need to be worring about

trauzti
06-20-2006, 11:21 AM
just buy Magnesium caps and take it through out the day, if you get a bad headache, then eat Paracetamol , thats allowed isnt it?

xGhostinGx
06-20-2006, 11:35 AM
a single day of XF could have caused this problem.

2 caps at once

LOL. Uhockey just gave Joel a beatdown.

uhockey
06-20-2006, 02:36 PM
LOL. Uhockey just gave Joel a beatdown.

That quote doesn't even make sense......

MindOverMuscle
06-20-2006, 03:30 PM
Just to add a little empirical experience to this thread, I personally felt some effects from X-Factor the first day I took it. I felt mainly higher energy levels, almost like I had a strong cup of coffee. I was pretty surprised by that, because I wasn't expecting to notice anything for a couple of weeks. (In other words, not a placebo effect)

Qb6++
06-20-2006, 03:31 PM

You wanted to go to the ER because of a headache that made you feel like you were going to pass out?

Sounds like low blood sugar to me, but thats just a guess. Personally, it irritates me when people complain about little things, nothing against you.

Like when people I work with call in sick because of a headache...or someone has to go home because their tummy hurts.

Im working with a guy right now that is in the process of trying to pass a kidney stone (5mm X 7mm) and he shows up to work everyday, in pain. You cant possibly be serious about a headache and feeling light headed are reason to visit the ER. The E stands for emergency.

uhockey
06-20-2006, 04:40 PM

You wanted to go to the ER because of a headache that made you feel like you were going to pass out?

Sounds like low blood sugar to me, but thats just a guess. Personally, it irritates me when people complain about little things, nothing against you.

Like when people I work with call in sick because of a headache...or someone has to go home because their tummy hurts.

Im working with a guy right now that is in the process of trying to pass a kidney stone (5mm X 7mm) and he shows up to work everyday, in pain. You cant possibly be serious about a headache and feeling light headed are reason to visit the ER. The E stands for emergency.

Ignorant.

Given, in this case, he doesn't sound severe enough to visit an ER, but for future reference:

Light headed could be a TIA, Hypoglycemia secondary to new onset diabetes, neurocardiogenic syncope, etc.

Headache could be a subdural hematoma, epidural hematoma, berry aneurysm on the verge of rupture, encephalitis, meningitis, etc.

ALL are emergencies.

I saw a woman only 5 weeks ago come into our ER complaining of a "headache." While in the ER she ruptured a berry aneurysm. Had she NOT been in the ER, she'd have died, undoubtedly.

If I had a headache so bad that I was about to pass out, I'd go to the ER, and I'd wager my knowledge of when/why to go to the ER is a tad more well informed than yours.

Qb6++
06-20-2006, 04:58 PM
And if Im working outside and its 90+ degrees, and very humid and Im pouring sweat and I go inside where someone has the a/c blasting and I immediately get a raging headache from the rapid temperature change, should I dial 911?

You as a person studying to be in the medical field should know as well as anyone, that people tend to blow things out of proportion.

Besides, its just a pet peave of mine, nothing more.

storm shadow
06-20-2006, 05:03 PM
And if Im working outside and its 90+ degrees, and very humid and Im pouring sweat and I go inside where someone has the a/c blasting and I immediately get a raging headache from the rapid temperature change, should I dial 911?

You as a person studying to be in the medical field should know as well as anyone, that people tend to blow things out of proportion.

Besides, its just a pet peave of mine, nothing more.
I would say better to be safe then sorry :cool:

Qb6++
06-20-2006, 05:13 PM
I would say better to be safe then sorry :cool:

You are very right, Im just stubborn.

duhfewcha6
06-20-2006, 05:47 PM
I can guarantee it's not an allergic reaction.

i never mentioned an allergic reaction....??

duhfewcha6
06-20-2006, 05:49 PM
Oh common!
Asprin / tylonal / ibproffin.... Whatever you usually use for headach's.

- Pick one, in any case, my point remains the same. If you have an headach- take something for it if it's that bad.

i did, i barely drove my self home from the gym and took 3 ibuprofen

duhfewcha6
06-20-2006, 05:58 PM

haha thanks dude.....u obviously didnt read my whole post...i said i had THE WORST headache i have ever had...which MADE ME FEEL LIKE I WAS GONNA PUKE....WHILE FEELINGS ENEGRGYLESS (literally) as if i was goin to pass out....at this point i understand that people like u cant just think about how i feel, u would have to feel it yourself to understand completely...and if i dad pass out....that would be an emergency (people go to the ER for high temperatures and my case was worse than a freakin fever...)

duhfewcha6
06-20-2006, 06:01 PM
You are very right, Im just stubborn.

just to let u know...there was no temp change or anything

Qb6++
06-21-2006, 08:32 PM
I was just using the temp. change as an example. ;)