PDA

View Full Version : Last Sugary Snack~

Sable_Strenua
06-17-2006, 06:59 PM
I was in the grocery store earlier today and as i past an aisle loaded with trans-fatty treats (little debbie, hostess, etc) it hit me: i haven't had a Twinkle in almost two years!

And although Twizzlers were a favorite childhood candy of mine, i haven't had a single strand of licorice in at least 6 months. Even more interesting was my lack of desire for them, i just can't think of eating a twinkle these days, especially those deep-fried ones...just turns my taste buds off.

anyone else lose their formal love affair/addiction to a particular sugary treat?

skiezik
06-17-2006, 11:40 PM
For sure. I have been dieting since Jan 21... I have lost alot my my cravings.

stacey 010
06-17-2006, 11:44 PM
I think the real eye opener...well for me..is when you do end up having something sweet...then you realise that its not what its cracked up to be...the taste is not that good...and you wonder why you were expending so much thought energy craving the disgusting crap..its made outa shiat and really does taste like shiat when you get down to it...

nacersusaf
06-21-2006, 03:19 PM
I rarely have cheat meals. I am smart enough to know that I have a serious emotional connection to food, and for me it's all or nothing. If I allow myself just one cookie, or one slice of pizza, I can't stop there and it will lead to a rediculous binge. To combat this, I usually give myself 1 day a month, or 1 day every other month to just totally pig out and eat anything I have been craving. I find though that the longer I live this lifestyle of healthy eating and working out, the healthier the foods are that I crave for my cheat days. I no longer find myself eagerly awaiting my treat day so that I can feast on cookies and ice cream, but rather look forward to trail mix, fruits, nuts, and things that I normally don't incorportate into my diet on a daily basis. The thought of some of the things I used to want just makes me grimace now. The thing I am looking forward to the most on my next treat day: Natural Peanut butter on some really tasty bread! It's a far cry from Ben and Jerry's.

Mango
06-21-2006, 04:27 PM
I think the real eye opener...well for me..is when you do end up having something sweet...then you realise that its not what its cracked up to be...the taste is not that good

Major bump, stacey!! I always crave organic gummi bears *see journal for rant!! :D* and when I finally have a few, on refeed day, not only do they not taste good, but I feel like a truck hit me, backed up, and hit me again!!

I used to love having a piece of cake at exactly 4 pm every Friday, and, now, I don't want it or crave it. Funny thing; I was skinnier doing that than not having a treat!! :eek: :confused: Hehehe. Maybe I was on to something?!?! :D

lavalint
06-21-2006, 06:52 PM
I work at a magazine store. We also happen to sell lots of chocolate bars. The best are ones we import from England. I used to have at least one every shift. Now I barely even crave one. I admit that I'm not perfect and I will cave and have one, but I don't crave it like I used to. Plus if I'm craving something sweet, I'll have a date. Just one will satisfy my craving.

Outdoor Girl
06-21-2006, 07:16 PM
I gave up processed sugars over a year ago when I started my fitness quest. Once it was out of my system, the cravings stopped. I agree with Stacey, it's NEVER as good as you think it will be. Not worth it for the sickening feeling after eating, the headaches, the hypoglycemia, and the hunger afterwards.

My last sugary snack was a brownie sundae sort of thing, with ice cream. Well over a year ago. Not even that good.

My cheat meals are usually Mexican food or pizza. When I reach goal, I will probably make a meal that includes Jif peanut butter (homemade thai peanut noodles), that's about the extent of my sugar cravings now. :)

fitinidaho
06-21-2006, 07:53 PM
I havent had any sugary snacks in 2 years and I dont miss them...If I want some sugar, I'll find a piece of fruit. :)

Momma23
06-21-2006, 08:02 PM
I have such a hard time fighting the sugar devil! Its so tough walking past the fat arse isle at the grocery store :( My treat now a days is low fat vanilla yogurt, its like my ice cream... Trust me though, i'd put their kids through college if they made a chocolate chip cookie dough fat free yogurt :D