PDA

View Full Version : think trainer about to give another suck programme!

emmab
06-17-2006, 06:30 PM
i had reassessment on fri and getting new programme on tue. last time it was a suck one...3 sets of 12 reps per exercise, one exercise per body part, full body split, lightish weights never got me to failure. so i ended up doing my own thing..mixing it up a bit, some days do pyramid sets.

anyway, as i want differnt things for different parts ie toning on arms, more mass on shoulders and calves, should i stick with the 3x12 for the bits i dont want so much mass, and do the lower reps, higher weight for the shoulders and calves

as an example of current programme (mine not his) today i did arms at home as no babysitter! as below:

(ALL ARE SINGLE ARM)
bicep curls: 15x5kg 12x6kg 12x6kg 12x6kg then 12x6kg hammer curls ( that torched me and i only have 6kg dumbells as yet)

tricep extension:12x5kg 12x5kg 12x5kg then 15x5kg kickbacks

shoulder side raises: 12x5kg 12x6kg 8x6kg then 10x6kg military press

then 50 pressups

i am still feeling buzz in arms

terracotta
06-17-2006, 07:08 PM
Emma, stop making threads ok?! We can help you in your journal.

emmab
06-17-2006, 07:45 PM
sorry i didnt know if anyone reads journals....can you explain when i would use other forums and when journal??

terracotta
06-17-2006, 07:53 PM
LOTS of people read the journals! I will ask questions in my journal, except when someone suggests posting in the main sections, or when I haven't got any suggestions within a few days.

The journals are a community thing here.

MsFit
06-17-2006, 10:13 PM
i had reassessment on fri and getting new programme on tue. last time it was a suck one...3 sets of 12 reps per exercise, one exercise per body part, full body split, lightish weights never got me to failure. so i ended up doing my own thing..mixing it up a bit, some days do pyramid sets.

anyway, as i want differnt things for different parts ie toning on arms, more mass on shoulders and calves, should i stick with the 3x12 for the bits i dont want so much mass, and do the lower reps, higher weight for the shoulders and calves

as an example of current programme (mine not his) today i did arms at home as no babysitter! as below:

(ALL ARE SINGLE ARM)
bicep curls: 15x5kg 12x6kg 12x6kg 12x6kg then 12x6kg hammer curls ( that torched me and i only have 6kg dumbells as yet)

tricep extension:12x5kg 12x5kg 12x5kg then 15x5kg kickbacks

shoulder side raises: 12x5kg 12x6kg 8x6kg then 10x6kg military press

then 50 pressups

i am still feeling buzz in arms

I don't read journals at all because they get too long. So, I'll give input here.

I would start each muscle group off with a compound exercise. If you are only doing one exercise per muscle group, I'd still make it a compound exercise.

You can alternate heavy poundage/low reps with moderate poundage/increased reps each week for variety and shock. Some people just don't like sticking to the basics week in and week out. However, that's the best way to gauge strength progress, at least for a short time.

Dogmama
06-18-2006, 06:41 AM
I don't read journals at all because they get too long. So, I'll give input here.

Bump. I don't have time to wade through journals to get opinions/information that I'm seeking.

Why not add an additional exercise for lagging body parts? For example, one day you could do a military press and a lateral raise for delts. The next workout you could do a standing and seated calf raise.

I don't lift to failure, but I do lift to the point where I cannot keep a strict form. If that means lighter weights, so be it.

emmie
06-18-2006, 07:18 AM

Thank you, Terracotta! Enough is enough...

emmab
06-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Thank you, Terracotta! Enough is enough...
alright alright point taken i HAVE taken it to journal geez

girlinseattle
06-18-2006, 01:32 PM

Ditto.

Sorry, had to rub it in. :D