PDA

View Full Version : anyone else get cold?

spytechs_wife
06-16-2006, 06:33 PM
anyone else get cold during/after they eat? i do and its really annoying. just wondering if anyone else got this! ;)

thanks,

clare

twinnett
06-16-2006, 06:48 PM
Yes!! I'm always cold! How lean are you? I think I get cold b/c my bodyfat is too low right now

girlinseattle
06-18-2006, 12:28 AM
I used to get cold easily when my body fat % was too low. My body fat % is now higher, not so extreme... life is easier and more comfortable.

Sometimes drinking some hot tea with the meal helps keep the person warm. Avoid cold iced drinks with meals.

Marti
06-18-2006, 12:33 AM
I'm always cold after I eat too. I was told it was because when you eat most of the blood goes to your stomach to aid in digestion, don't know if its true or not.

serinebean
06-18-2006, 07:27 AM
I'm always cold after I eat too. I was told it was because when you eat most of the blood goes to your stomach to aid in digestion, don't know if its true or not.
I have heard this too.
But, I know you are very lean...and thats partly why too.
I dont so much anymore (lots of padding ;) ) But I know what you mean. You are ok. :D
TTYL!

p4nc4k3s911
06-18-2006, 07:42 AM
Aw, what the heck, I get warmer afterwards. ):

Most of the time though, I'm just cold. My feet are like popsicles!

Marti
06-18-2006, 12:46 PM
lol! P4nc4k3s911, my feet are always cold and hands oh and my nose! I have always been this way for as long as I could remember (like 8yrs old) !

violetdays
06-18-2006, 04:24 PM
This may sound odd but my mother loves attention so she actually ran to the Doctor about getting cold after eating...so according to her MD it is quite common to get cold after eating - it is the energy going to the digestion process that causes it.

(I know because I sometimes experience that too)

spytechs_wife
06-18-2006, 04:34 PM
wow! hey thanks for all the responses. yes i am quite lean, recovering ed, bla bla bla lol. i wasnt worried or anything just thought it was weird. i always drink lukewarm water and hot tea after meals too.

let me tell you, this winter was AWFUL for me. i weighed about 10 lbs less than i do now and i had to layer sweatshirts over sweatshirts over long underwear! while everyone else in power yoga was in shorts and tanks i was in sweatpants and long underwear shirts, and still freezing. i was not found far from the fire place at home. i am SO glad its summer! :D

thanks again for "relating" everyone! :)

clare

ab-swing asianbabe
06-21-2006, 03:13 AM
wow! hey thanks for all the responses. yes i am quite lean, recovering ed, bla bla bla lol. i wasnt worried or anything just thought it was weird. i always drink lukewarm water and hot tea after meals too.

let me tell you, this winter was AWFUL for me. i weighed about 10 lbs less than i do now and i had to layer sweatshirts over sweatshirts over long underwear! while everyone else in power yoga was in shorts and tanks i was in sweatpants and long underwear shirts, and still freezing. i was not found far from the fire place at home. i am SO glad its summer! :D

thanks again for "relating" everyone! :)

clare
hmm.. a few years ago when I was pretty skinny I had to wear jumpers in summer... in the sun it would be ok, but as soon as I stepped into the shade I would get goosebumps - even though the temperature was exactly the same!!

Since then I have gained a bit more bodyfat and weight, so I feel it somewhat less.. but arghh winter is here and these days I can hardly feel my toes!! :(

cazmcm
06-26-2006, 02:08 AM
My hands go purple after I eat, so weird I just get real cold and need a hot drink to warm me up asap.
I also have low bf% about 10% I think so that seems to be the general reason looking at all the other posts. It has increased thorugh from like 6% and I have found myself getting warmer. I'm still trying to put a little more fat on to help!