PDA

View Full Version : The Feminist Movement-Your Thoughts

ElMariachi
06-12-2006, 05:47 PM
I was just finishing up a long book on the history of feminism in America and that my thoughts are, like all good things, in the beginning, the feminist movement was great, it made equality possible for women, but as time has gone on, the movement has become more and more radical and to me, it seems to be causing more harm than good at this point, as the movement seems to be hell-bent on developing a gender-neutral society as they claim that all gender-differences are simply social constructs thrust upon children.

Research suggests that men's and women's brains are built differently, which may be a root cause of some of the different characteristics that we associate with men and women.

Its commonly accepted by feminists that women have stronger innate verbal abilities, but identifying similar strengths in men is considered academic treason, if you don't think so, ask former Harvard President Larry Summers what he thinks of the matter.

Research also shows that hormonal differences have been known to drive behaviorial characteristics. Researchers studied girls who, while in the womb, were exposed to high levels of testosterone. These girls then exhibited many of the behaviors commonly associated with boys, such as increased aggression, fondness for "rough and tumble" play, and preferring mechanical toys, such as trucks and building materials over dolls and crafts.

One feminist researcher entered the field with the intention of debunking the notion that differences in behavior and cognition are biologically based. After reviewing the enormous of reseach, she changed her mind, indicating that there are clear indications that social constructs are not the only major difference between the genders.

Although the research on this matter is substantial, feminists in the US are continuing their fight to initiate an androgynous society, now targeting minorities and lesbians in order to push their radical agenda.

"I envision a future in which one's sex would have no more relevance than one's eye color or the length of one's toes." -Susan Okin, researcher, proud card-carrying member of NOW.

"The trouble with the Women's Revolution is that we have not gone far enough because we indulge our husbands, fathers, brothers, and sons. We feel sorry for them because they are led around by their d**ks and their brains go soft. We accept the burden of being rational because we know they're testosterone driven."-Erica Jong http://www.ericajong.com

Has the feminist movement in the US nowadays gone too far? Are they doing more harm than good? What should the future of the movement include? Should they continue to push gender equality at all costs, no matter what science says?

Are men and women(not in terms of anatomy) in fact, only different due to social construct? Is the feminist movement's hostility toward women as stay-at-home mothers and caretakers a positive or negative attitude?

Baalman
06-12-2006, 06:01 PM
The modern day feminist movement is a plague on societies worldwide. It should be stomped down and destroyed. Some good articles on the carnage feminism has wrought...

http://www.savethemales.ca/archives-subject.html

Note: I do not agree with everything the author has to say on every subject.

ElMariachi
06-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Feminists cheered the sexual revolution that made casual sex more acceptable. In reality, women lost the sexual revolution.

Women are still more vulnerable than men and while many have embraced a casual sex ethic, many often express regret in engaging in casual sex and lament their inability to separate sex from love. Women have ceded a great amount of their power and have actually become weaker in the process.

In traditional dating rituals, a guy is the one who puts himself on the line, risking rejection by asking a woman out.

But after hooking up, often times its the woman left wondering about the guy's intentions, whether he will ever call or whether or not she will see him again, and in this, she is relatively powerless.

On the other hand, women who withhold sex, seeking commitment will run into competition issues with other women who have no such compunctions. A woman's power to control a man and encourage him to offer commitment in exchange for greater intimacy is limited by the ready supply of easy sex elsewhere.

pearly
06-12-2006, 06:11 PM
What I think about the feminist movement is that women back in the day(like nellie mclung and all those ladies) pushed for equal rights, equal pay and all that, they got things done and belived in themselves as equals. Well ,that was obviously a change in history for women, but nowadays, for SOME women(note that I say some, not all)its about appeareace and allowing men to tell you what to do. Im just talking about the bimbos that pretend not to know anything to get guys interested, or just to get attention in general. It is the women who put on something slutty to flaunt what they have because it's easier.(believe me Ive seen in happen) I just think that some of the behavior that women execute demeans the image that women have been trying to build for a while. But please note, that I am not talking about all women, so I hope I don't offend anyone with my beliefs. These are just my thoughts about the way the world is today because there are many women who contradict this opinion of mine, but Im not talking about them.

novax
06-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Very interesting post El.

I have read several artilces that said similar stuff... I posted awhile ago my explaination of this on triceptandgirls and I didnt get any favorable responses.

I basically stated that agression is pretty key as far as carreer goals. The most sucessful people tend to be a bit agressive and have an inate ability to keep their emotions hidden.

I think people underestimate the importance of agression, and the ability to contiain your emotions. If you study some of the greatest leaders in history, they all have some very similar personality traits... Agressive, slightly conceded, and act kind of like a stature in terms of emotions. I had to do a term paper on this subject in college.

The women that become high managers are the most agressive few it seems.

ElMariachi
06-12-2006, 06:19 PM
An excerpt from "Taking Sex Difference Seriously" by Dr. Steven Rhoads.

The negative emotions women experience after casual sex also may be because, as unfair and frusturating as it may seem, men are more likely to pursue serious relationships with women who reserve sex for marriage or commited monogamy. Research suggests that men's attraction to chaste woman may be an evolutionary function.

Men often prize promiscuous sex in the short term, the more the better, but they desire faithful wives. Through the ages, men with faithful mates have sired more children and a taste for faithfulness will thus have been "naturally selected" for. If a man finds a woman more difficult to get, he will then sense that this will apply to other men as well, and thus she is more likely to be faithful after marriage.

I agree with this. I know personally I have a lot more respect for a woman who does not rush into sex. It may drive men batty at times and make us want to pound our heads on the wall, but the respect definitely develops for this type of woman, which in turn makes her more of an ideal mate than someone who gave it up after the first date.

siamesedream
06-12-2006, 06:25 PM
The original feminist movement as it was in its beginnings was something I support entirely. Nowadays, however, in the same fashion as the new fight for "special" minority rights, things that began as valid, rational, and socially-beneficial movements have turned into burdens and socially-detrimental movements. Interesting how that works.

ElMariachi
06-12-2006, 06:34 PM
I'm all for women having the same legal rights as men, at being paid the same as men for the same job, at not being dubbed "sluts" for having a lot of sex when men in the same regards are considered "studs."

I am not for masculinizing women, for encouraging them to have all sorts of casual sex that they are not biologically setup for. I am not for this nonsense about gender being as interchangeable as eyecolor. Men and women are different, both genders have pro's and cons, they will never ever BE THE SAME. Is that a bad thing? Hell no, do the majority of people get upset because we have whites, blacks, asians and hispanic's?

Its just the natural way of things, the way we have developed through evolution, encouraging women to disregard that, along with their own biology is just plain stupid.

novax
06-12-2006, 06:54 PM
The original feminist movement as it was in its beginnings was something I support entirely. Nowadays, however, in the same fashion as the new fight for "special" minority rights, things that began as valid, rational, and socially-beneficial movements have turned into burdens and socially-detrimental movements. Interesting how that works.

I pretty much agree.

ElMariachi
06-12-2006, 06:59 PM
Something else I fully agree with :)

Twenty years ago I wouldn't have hesitated to prescribe oral contraceptives to a teenage girls. In fact, any form of birth control was fine with me, as long as the patient used it consistently. As a young doctor swept away by the message of "safe sex," I simply didn't know any better.

But today, I think long and hard about prescribing birth control pills or Depo-Provera to kids because this puts them in such grave danger of contracting STD's. In giving a girl birth control that I know will protect her from pregnancy, am I inadvertently encouraging her to pick up a sexually transmitted disease?

And if you might ask, "what about condoms?" read on.

We place FAR too much trust in those slim packets of latex and lambskin. In most cases, the chances of condoms preventing STDs is almost as thin as the condoms themselves. -> Dr Meg Meeker-pediatrician and author of "STD Epidemic:How Teen Sex Is Killing Our Kids."

xer0xed
06-12-2006, 06:59 PM
The modern feminist movement seems to promote little more than social instability and hypersensitivity.

ElMariachi
06-12-2006, 07:14 PM
Here is an interesting question. Feminist groups and other supporters of the gay rights movement generally argue that sexuality is innate, that people are born with their sexual preferences already set. If that is the case, then why the double-standard of feminist dogma, which indicates that "women can never be sure that they are not lesbians, they need to try out different things to be certain."

A popular women's studies textbook for example indicates this.

Such heterosexual bribery revoles around the dangerous fantasy that if you are good enough, pretty enough, sweet enough, quiet enough, teach the children to behave and marry the right man, then you will be allowed to co-exist in society with peace. In any case, our socialization as females widely inculcates beliefs such as these, namely, that straight white middle-class femininity is in our best interest.

Yet we may have much to learn from lesbian love and sex. As women loving women because they are women, lesbians point out that they are in a special position with regards to liberating female sexuality. Free of the heterosexual politics of the usual gender-based roles and prescriptions, more positive and self-affirming as women, more acutely aware of the needs of their partners, lesbian women contend that they are better able to discover and express authentic female sexuality than their heterosexual counterparts. Although lesbian couples share the conflicts of any two people in an intimate relationship, the experiences of many lesbian couples have valuable implications for creating nonexploitive relationships."

In others, men are the devil and to be a real woman, and to REALLY enjoy sex, you need to be a lesbian :) Gotta love them crazy feminists =P

Ge_Tech
06-12-2006, 07:18 PM
All and all the Feminist movement has been good for society. Anything that promotes equailty is a good thing. We need to look beyond simple labels like liberal and conservative. The real world just isn't that simple. There are alot of gray areas. Anything that helps people understand each other, in my mind is a good thing. We need to respect people for who they are. In some ways, I feel sorry for the hard line religious people. In America and the Middle East, as the truth is unfolding, things are starting to slip away.

ElMariachi
06-12-2006, 07:26 PM
All and all the Feminist movement has been good for society. Anything that promotes equailty is a good thing. We need to look beyond simple labels like liberal and conservative. The real world just isn't that simple. There are alot of gray areas. Anything that helps people understand each other, in my mind is a good thing. We need to respect people for who they are. In some ways, I feel sorry for the hard line religious people. In America and the Middle East, as the truth is unfolding, things are starting to slip away.

How is the Feminist Movement good for society today????

Politically, I call it rape whenever a woman has sex(consensually) and later feels violated. -Catherine MacKinnon-feminist author

We must stop repeating the absurd mantra "it's okay to be single" and adopt the more aggressive stance that "it's not okay to be married." -Jaclyn Geller "Here Comes the Bride: Women, Weddings and the Marriage Mystique."

Gallup found that about one-third of American women over the age of forty have no children and less than a quarter of those say that they would still have no children if they had to do it all over again.

Fertility and aging are non-issues.
-Julie Shah, co-director, Third Wave Foundation, a militant feminist group representing young feminists.

Geography
06-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Ah feminism. The thing that stops a woman for paying for her own meal or movie tickets.

ElMariachi
06-12-2006, 07:34 PM
The Feminist Movement, then and now.

Here is what some famous old-time feminist icons had to say.

I like the idea of young women being mothers, it is easier to get down on the floor with the kids if you remember being a kid yourself -Germaine Greer

I believe in marriage, I think intimacy, bonding and families have enormous value. -Betty Friedan

Not necessarily a feminist icon.

Margaret Thatcher speaks out as well :)

A woman who understands the problems of running a household will be that much more nearer to understanding the problems of running a nation.

I owe nothing to women's lib.

In politics, if you want anything said, ask a man, if you need something done, ask a woman.

Ge_Tech
06-12-2006, 07:41 PM
"How is the Feminist Movement good for society today????"

Alot of ways. Women are working and helping ther husbands, In my day that would have neve happened. I grew up in the 1960's when the wife was at home and the husband worked. To be honest, there was alot to be said on how we lived. That is for a different thread. I guess, my point is that women have alot more opportunities than they did back then. My feeling is that one size doesn't fit all. We shouldn't be pushing one lifestyle on people. We should be free to make the choices that work best for us. That is what freedom is all about.

ElMariachi
06-12-2006, 07:55 PM

Alot of ways. Women are working and helping ther husbands, In my day that would have neve happened. I grew up in the 1960's when the wife was at home and the husband worked. To be honest, there was alot to be said on how we lived. That is for a different thread. I guess, my point is that women have alot more opportunities than they did back then. My feeling is that one size doesn't fit all. We shouldn't be pushing one lifestyle on people. We should be free to make the choices that work best for us. That is what freedom is all about.

My point exactly, so why is the feminist movement attempting to push their lifestyle, their radical views on ALL women?????

Since the 1960s, the rate of divorce has skyrocketed and studies show that single women are far more likely to suffer from bouts of depression that married women. The CDC found that married individuals were more likely to be healthy, both physically and mentally, than their single counterparts. A study by the University of Chicago revealed that 50% of married women found sex to be extremely physically and emotionally satisfying, as compared to 30% of single women.

Study after study shows that most women find paid work less fulfilling than other, more personal activities, such as raising children.

In 1996, the Independent Women's Forum study proposed a question to women, asking "If you had enough money to live comfortably as you'd like, would you prefer full time work, part time work, volunteer work or staying at home to care of your family."

A vast majority of women agreed on either part-time work or staying at home with their families, a lesser amount said volunteer work and just under 15 percent wanted to work fulltime.

New Pell polls done over the last few years show that the next generation of women, currently in their mid to late 20s, are leaving the workforce in droves, finding satisfaction in motherhood and raising children, as most women surveyed agreed that daycare is not a replacement for a mother and that they could not think of anything more fulfilling than taking care of their children.

This of course all flies in the face of the modern feminist movement and its radical pseduo-science insistence that women have no need of marriage, men, children or any family structure of the sort.

Gender warriors at The Feminist Majority and NOW lament that women still sacrifice their careers to take on a disproportionate share of childcare responsibilities. But as surveys indicate, many women sincerely WANT to spend more time with their families. Studies show that women are MANY times more likely to take into consideration scheduling and family conflicts when applying for a job, this is another reason for the so-called, mythical "wage gap." Women are more likely to sacrifice wages for flexibility and options, more likely to leave the workforce during pregnancy to care for their infants and this begs the question, WHY IS THE FEMINIST MOVEMENT SO INSISTENT THAT WOMEN WORK EXACTLY AS MEN? What is there to be gained with this? Is the feminist movement working in conspiracy with the daycare industry?

If surveys show that a majority of women are more than happy to be at home with their children, why does the feminist movement insist on the opposite?

If science shows that men and women have definite biological and mental differences, why does the feminist movement attempt to ignore scientific proof and push their radical views?

If a great deal of women don't wish to spend their lives fighting to climb the corporate ladder, then why can't the feminists respect that decision and not attempt to force them to undertake roles that are opposite of their true preferences. Instead of assuming women are being manipulated by men and or making poor choices and designing public policies to force women to act like men, why not respect women equally for the decisions they choose to make in their own lives, regardless of whether or not they choose to be a career woman, a mother or anything else of the sort.

The feminist movement is not about choice or freedom, its about simple manipulation, controlling women and holding them to an unrealistic ideal that defies societal, biological and traditional norms.

The Experiment
06-12-2006, 08:56 PM
I could write a book on the subject.

I got into it for a couple years. Not as a feminist, no but reading up on the feminist doctrines. It all started in 10th grade. I was in all the advanced classes (honors, AP, HES, whatever they call it) and it was mostly female dominated. In fact, in my 10th grade English, I was the only guy there for a semester. One girl (in the loosest of senses) complained that nobody in the High School took girls seriously when it came to education. Being in classes with her, this struck me as odd. She was a straight A student and did well in everything. Yet she asserted she wasn't getting a fair shake.

I was more curious than dismissive and started getting into the feminist readings. The High School feminists all thought they had another man-bitch on their side. I read probably everything that was popular or decently known in "womyn's groups" from start to finish.

Had I never delved into the feminist world, I probably would have been a feminist sympathizer. After all, on the surface, feminism appears to be a fight for equality and well, why not? Except that feminism doesn't have so much to do with equality as it is some perverse and twisted view of sexuality: full of hate and empty of logic.

I would go into more of this but a lot of ground has been touched here. I can add some more if this discussion goes deeper.

Two years or so after, I was changed. In fact, I actually think I became sexist as an outcome! Their lies were so ridiculous that I'm guessing they anticipate that most men will never touch a feminist book. Good thing too because its mostly rife with bull**** assumptions that are usually just stereotypes wrapped around post-modernism.

In fact, I believe feminism was simply a backlash against the 1950s mindset and nothing more. In the 1950s, housewives loaded themselves up with tranquilizer (1.1 million pounds annually to be exact) because it was so boring. Even feeling goofy won't fix the problem. A backlash was inevitable. The teenagers of the 1950s were getting supposedly wild such as the dangerous precedents like skirts going above the knees. No feminists told girls to do it. It was taboo to be sexual and sexual they became.

It had nothing to do with Germaine Greer, Friedan, or any other lackwits of the 1960s. It had everything to do with the pendulum of sexuality. In the 1920s, there were the flappers. Then it became more conservative. Now the sexual revolution. The Puritan society was highly sexual. A woman had legal rights to divorce if their man was impotent. The Puritans also wrote sex books that would have been censored by Victorian society. Again, the pendulum.

Women owe the sexual revolution to taboo, not hairy armpitted women who spoke venom about men. Most girls in the 1960s might have been feminist but they grew up...and voted for Reagan in the 1980s. Feminist never had a positive connotation. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if most women hated feminism more than men. Feminism restricts women more than liberates them. More men care more about feminism because of their own self loathing.

More to come, probably.

hvit
06-12-2006, 09:06 PM
I don't think I dislike anyone more than these devout feminists.

SYRIANKID
06-12-2006, 09:43 PM
I've had way too many ugly run-ins with the feminazis.

There is nothing wrong with how the movement began, seeking equal rights for women.

However, today the movement is overwhelmed with paranoia and conspiracies of invisible Patriarchies ruling the world, changing history, and oppressing women even through written text.

I also reject the assumption that the only difference between men and women is a few syringes full of testosterone.

Feminazis tend to be anti-religion and promote promiscuity (calling marriage Patriarchal and oppressive, even calling heterosexual sex as oppressive) and they also promote the homosexual movement.

If you ask me, the feminist movement is being used like a modern form of socialism to destabilize and deconstruct society.

http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/ahm/boys.htm

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=4414009&postcount=21

SYRIANKID
06-12-2006, 09:48 PM
-Betty Friedan

I've read conflicting things about her:

In the bible of modern feminism, "The Feminine Mystique" (1963) Betty Frieden makes this obscene comparison between housewives and Nazi concentration camp inmates:

"They were reduced to childlike preoccupation with food, elimination, the satisfaction of primitive bodily needs; they had no privacy, and no stimulation from the outside world. But above all, they were forced to spend their days in work which produced great fatigue...required no mental concentration, gave no hope of advancement or recognition, was sometimes senseless, and was controlled by the needs of others..."(306)

Clearly Frieden is talking about mothers. Comparing the nurturing of their children to the brutal slavery and poisoning of Auschwitz inmates is psychological warfare of the most vicious kind.

xer0xed
06-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Wow, SK. I agree completely with what you posted up above on this issue. =P

ElMariachi
06-12-2006, 10:32 PM
I've had way too many ugly run-ins with the feminazis.

There is nothing wrong with how the movement began, seeking equal rights for women.

However, today the movement is overwhelmed with paranoia and conspiracies of invisible Patriarchies ruling the world, changing history, and oppressing women even through written text.

I also reject the assumption that the only difference between men and women is a few syringes full of testosterone.

Feminazis tend to be anti-religion and promote promiscuity (calling marriage Patriarchal and oppressive, even calling heterosexual sex as oppressive) and they also promote the homosexual movement.

If you ask me, the feminist movement is being used like a modern form of socialism to destabilize and deconstruct society.

http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/ahm/boys.htm

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=4414009&postcount=21

Well they do walk arm in arm with socialism. They believe in more goverment, a breakdown of the family structure and less religion, sounds like socialism to me.

Its ironic I think that feminists are so up in arm's about a woman's right to abortion, but when it comes to a woman's right to raise her children, they are anti-family, anti-parenting and as some of the most fanatic opponents of school vouchers, they are highly anti-choice. A woman should be free to have an abortion at any time, for any reason, but damn her if she tries to have a choice on where to send her kids to school.

Also, you mentioned Friedan, the woman was a walking contradiction, she had lapses of conscience later on in life and became labeled a "traitor to the movement" by some of the most zealous feminists. Several former hardcore feminists have told tales of abuse and harassment after turning to family life and rejecting the absolute solitude of the feminist philosophy.

mr_moto_civic
06-13-2006, 04:59 AM
Check out this book- "The Manipulated Man" by Esther Vilar.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0953096424/104-9851130-0079168?v=glance&n=283155

It was written in 1971 during the height of the Womens' Liberation Movement, and discusses how men are the real losers in the gender wars.

novax
06-13-2006, 06:38 AM
Socialism often looks apealing at first.. Its very idealistic.
People who do not know any better favor a big facist government to do what ever is "best for society". The truth of the matter is, nearly every social problem we have in society is the result of socialism.

They simply do not understand the nauture of humans and thus they impose facism. There is simple universal laws that would keep order in society but the socialist are the ones that continuously cause corruption. They are anti-individuality.

Milhouse
06-13-2006, 06:57 AM
Feminists can suck my dick.

kethnaab
06-13-2006, 08:41 AM
modern day feminism = female chauvenism

shame, too. As I support "equal rights"

That's the "drawback" to equal rights. Many women ONLY want to be "equal" when it suits them. When it doesn't, they are very happy to slip into that "stereotypical female" role. I don't buy that. You want equal rights? You got 'em. A female soldier learned that the hard way back when I was a private and she thought she could slap me and get away with it. :p

Baalman
06-13-2006, 02:05 PM
modern day feminism = female chauvenism

shame, too. As I support "equal rights"

That's the "drawback" to equal rights. Many women ONLY want to be "equal" when it suits them. When it doesn't, they are very happy to slip into that "stereotypical female" role. I don't buy that. You want equal rights? You got 'em. A female soldier learned that the hard way back when I was a private and she thought she could slap me and get away with it. :p

ROFL, she actually slapped you? That right there shows she wasnt ready to "man up." Any woman that hits a man should expect the man to ball his fist and let her have it. This would eventually do away with most of the idiots that rely on men never hitting women and thinking they can get get away with all kinds of abuse.

Dom_88
06-13-2006, 04:17 PM
I'm all for women having the same legal rights as men, at being paid the same as men for the same job, at not being dubbed "sluts" for having a lot of sex when men in the same regards are considered "studs."

Interesting you say this. I'm indifferent to this. However it is easy to see where this comes from. At the end of the day, women have the final say as to whether or not they will have sex. Men can try all they want, but if the woman doesn't want to, that's the end of that.

ElMariachi
06-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Interesting you say this. I'm indifferent to this. However it is easy to see where this comes from. At the end of the day, women have the final say as to whether or not they will have sex. Men can try all they want, but if the woman doesn't want to, that's the end of that.

Obviously you've never heard of "mickey's" =P hehe

Thinman
06-13-2006, 05:26 PM

True, a good point. Marriage and family are a wonderful thing. However, it is not for everyone.

ElMariachi
06-13-2006, 05:31 PM
True, a good point. Marriage and family are a wonderful thing. However, it is not for everyone.

Actually if you believe the modern feminists, its not for anyone. My point being, why is a woman discouraged from such a role, where she is HONESTLY happy to be a mother, HONESTLY happy to be at home raising her children and then some a$$hole goes off on a tangent saying "she's not fulfilling her potential, she's a failure because she refuses to work 80 hours a week to whore herself out to the corporate world masters"

Thinman
06-13-2006, 05:37 PM
Actually if you believe the modern feminists, its not for anyone. My point being, why is a woman discouraged from such a role, where she is HONESTLY happy to be a mother, HONESTLY happy to be at home raising her children and then some a$$hole goes off on a tangent saying "she's not fulfilling her potential, she's a failure because she refuses to work 80 hours a week to whore herself out to the corporate world masters"

I agree. Some of these feminists are wackos. A good friend of mine is a stay at home mom and loves it. She is lucky her husband makes enough money to make that possible. A rare thing now a days. Again, it all goes to choices. One size doesn't fit all.

SYRIANKID
06-13-2006, 09:32 PM
Well they do walk arm in arm with socialism. They believe in more goverment, a breakdown of the family structure and less religion, sounds like socialism to me.

Its ironic I think that feminists are so up in arm's about a woman's right to abortion, but when it comes to a woman's right to raise her children, they are anti-family, anti-parenting and as some of the most fanatic opponents of school vouchers, they are highly anti-choice. A woman should be free to have an abortion at any time, for any reason, but damn her if she tries to have a choice on where to send her kids to school.

Also, you mentioned Friedan, the woman was a walking contradiction, she had lapses of conscience later on in life and became labeled a "traitor to the movement" by some of the most zealous feminists. Several former hardcore feminists have told tales of abuse and harassment after turning to family life and rejecting the absolute solitude of the feminist philosophy.

Feminists are disorganized and disunited, just look at how many types of feminism there are that directly contradict each other:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism#Subtypes_of_feminism

SYRIANKID
06-13-2006, 09:35 PM
Wow, SK. I agree completely with what you posted up above on this issue. =P

haha, why does everyone always get nervous when they start agreeing with me?

So many posts in this forum go something like "SYRIANKID, even though I think you're crazy...I actually agree with you on this one"

It's ok guys, don't resist, let us join ranks and open up the gates of Hell upon these feminazis in a relentless e-Jihad. :D

MantisShrimp
06-13-2006, 09:53 PM

So many posts in this forum go something like "SYRIANKID, even though I think you're crazy...I actually agree with you on this one"
Beacuse you attribute way too much importance to adherence to your religion and not enough to your naturally high intelligence...subscription to infallible scripture is a waste of bright minds, how do you know you weren't put here to REFINE Islam, and what's so wrong with your soul or your time of birth such that you must obey the scripture rather than become it? How would you know if you were a prophet, and would you write off such a calling as evil self-deception. Wow strong tangent.

PS. Feminists, I am so done with them that I literally ignore anyone who professes such a viewpoint around me, as if their diatribes were a soft wind through the trees. Fshhhh in one ear, out the other. :D

xer0xed
06-13-2006, 09:56 PM

It's ok guys, don't resist, let us join ranks and open up the gates of Hell upon these feminazis in a relentless e-Jihad. :D

Haha. It's just odd whenever I do manage to agree with you since I disagree with a lot of your religious views and consider some of them shocking.

In other news, I asked what my gf thought of feminism and she responded in a fury of hatred toward the idea. :)

SupaDJDiesel
06-13-2006, 09:57 PM

I agree with you without being nervous. I wouldn't go as far as say "Jihad" though. Not the best word to use in these times. I'm always extra cautious to never say things like that. Shouldn't risk such a thing; domestic surveillance is very real, especially for us.

Back on topic, feminists have already negatively affected our society. The ultra-PC influence is so strong in American colleges that it's driving me away from my PhD and into law school. I have already decided that enough is enough. It is no longer acceptable to have an opinion contrary to the women that run the schools.

You'd think that I'm joking, but I'm not. Anyone in a liberal arts school can verify. One of my friends is the leader of the WC Democrats and is quite liberal but still gets graded unfairly by these totalitarianists. I refuse to change my perspective to suit their own. I am going into my senior year risking failure despite 3 years of a 3.8 average. I have nowhere to turn; we have 3 deans, all women! Not only that, biased women!

Feminists are robbing us of education. They are robbing our families of hard earned money. They are robbing us of a future. Did anyone ever stop and think why females outnumber males by so much at colleges these days? It's because males are driven out by the feminist hierarchy.

I would rather fail proudly and be kicked out of my house than submit to these power-drunk criminals.

SYRIANKID
06-13-2006, 09:59 PM
Feminists are robbing us of education. They are robbing our families of hard earned money. They are robbing us of a future. Did anyone ever stop and think why females outnumber males by so much at colleges these days? It's because males are driven out by the feminist hierarchy.

I would rather fail proudly and be kicked out of my house than submit to these power-drunk criminals.

Funny you should mention that, that's what he concluded as well:

http://www.savethemales.ca/uw/main.html

The cultural/gender/socialist/deconstructionist department here at U of T is huge.

SYRIANKID
06-13-2006, 10:01 PM
Haha. It's just odd whenever I do manage to agree with you since I disagree with a lot of your religious views and consider some of them shocking.

Glad to have shocked and awed ^_^

In other news, I asked what my gf thought of feminism and she responded in a fury of hatred toward the idea. :)

I love women who oppose feminism