PDA

View Full Version : A couple questions I need help on please!!

Xtreme702
12-17-2002, 06:14 AM
I have a few questions I need help on I'm going out of town for a family vacation and won't be able to workout for a couple weeks, I have one day I can go before we leave and I would like to do a full body workout:

1) How many sets should I do for each body part?

2) Should I keep taking my ZMA even on my vacation or wait until I get back?

3) Should I cut back calories since I wont be working out?

P.S I am currently bulking

Xtreme702
12-17-2002, 10:32 AM
Bump

BigBadT51
12-17-2002, 10:48 AM
Your sets will vary depending on your workout schedule and what has worked for you in the past. I'm a high intensity high volume guy doing a 4 day split workout, so my set numbers would be much higher then someone who believes in a low volume high intensity routine. Follow? If something has worked for you in the past, stick with it, if it hasn't, switch it up.

As for the ZMA, I take it 5 days a week, 2 days off. Same as my creatine. The only supplements I take 7 days a week are my multi-vitamin, flax seed, & glutamine. Just my personal preferences though.

If you're currently trying to bulk I wouldnt even be counting calories, I usually just try and eat as much clean foods as I can evenly spaced out about every 2 to 3 hours or so. Good Luck.

PS: Don't bump your own post, you obviously will agree with it unless you're a skitso or something.

tweeter37
12-17-2002, 01:26 PM
Even if you are bulking you should still know how many calories you are taking in. Alot of the times you will THINK that you ate alot during the day but once you total up the actual amount, you may find that it's not quite what you expected, so yes, keep track of calories, protein, fat, and carbs no matter if you are cutting or bulking.

To your question, I would keep taking the ZMA. Just because you can't get to a gym, doesn't mean you can't workout. There are a ton of body weight movements that you could do: pushups, reverse pushups, bodyweight squats, bodyweight lunges, crunch's, etc... So even though it wont be as effective as hitting the gym, it will still give you a good workout! But all in all, have fun on you vacation and don't stress out too much about not being able to lift!