PDA

View Full Version : Ectomorph's Breakfast

xraided22
06-03-2006, 08:24 AM
Ok, I'm currently 6'0, 160lbs. I'm obviously trying to bulk up. I've read this site over the years and have read all the articles I've possibly can to try to help me. I've read the arguments of spiking the insulin after workout vs. not doing it. Me, I can get away with spiking it and not worrying about holding fat.

My question is for my first meal of the day, is it recommended to spike my insulin ? Reason why I ask is it's not until a couple hours until after I eat my first meal do my muscles feel fuller. Until then they feel what some call "flat". I currently eat 1 cup of oats (300 cals, 57 carbs) plus 2 scoops of whey. Is there anything I can change to get that fuller muscle effect sooner?

Any suggestions would help.

retro_roots
06-03-2006, 08:56 AM
I personally do this for breakfast:

1 cup yogurt(non-fat or sweetened ofcourse)
1-2 tbsp. Flaxmeal
1 scoop Whey
1/4 cup wheat bran

1 cup All Bran cereal

Coffee and Water (like its going out of sytle)

Then like an hour or 2 later another meal with more complex carbs and protein and possibly some more whey if its PreWO. Since I usually workout midmorning it is sorta set up for that. If I'm on an off day I eat a larger breakfast.

I would say get some dairy and fat in your breakfast(Preferably EFA) see if that helps.

sugapablo
06-03-2006, 09:28 AM
My (first) breakfast:

12 fl. oz. 1% milk.
3/4 c. oat flour
1 tbsp flax oil
1 tbsp maple syrup (for flavor)
2 heaping tbsp. rice protein

676 calories.

Drink this with an egg white omelette...? :)

psychojoe
06-03-2006, 12:23 PM
I was your height and 20lbs lighter - dont make the same mistake as other people did when they heard that, and assume that I wont get fat. As it happens I get fat on about 2500 cals, easily. Start increasing your calories slowly, just in case

Robby Coker
06-03-2006, 09:56 PM
The supplement Taurine is supposed to spike your insulin, too, or rather sensitize it.

I took it during some of my bulk, and it caused somewhat wicked cravings for sugars and carbs throughout the day. I was almost constantly hungry throughout the day. This got my calorie intake very high due to that and helped get my bulk going more quickly.

Make sure, though, that you don't spike your insulin at anytime of the day.

TommyGunnn
06-03-2006, 11:11 PM
10 whole eggs
2 cups oatmeal

aznhtownboi
06-03-2006, 11:36 PM
4 egg whites
2 whole eggs
whey shake

psychojoe
06-04-2006, 02:12 AM
10 whole eggs
2 cups oatmeal
|
|
V

4 egg whites
2 whole eggs
whey shake

ooo ok, so I have to put in an even lower-calorie idea?

erm..

ONE whole egg, three whites, and 30g oats!