PDA

View Full Version : Is this diet okay?

alrededar
06-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Well I began lifting month ago...and been eating in a healthy way, I tried to remove all the satured fats.

I'm "TRYING" to CLEAN BULK, I said trying...because its really hard, but I just started lifting so i'm not that worried about this....Want to get used to the gym first.

Anyway is this diet alright for clean bulking? what should I add?

6:30 am
WORKOUT
8:30 am

9:00 am
BREAKFAST: 4 boiled eggs (huevo cocido!, sorry i have no idea how to say it in english I think its boiled egg :P ) 3 white and 1 whole egg. 2 or 3 wheat bread (is this bad?) Whenever I get the WHEY, should I put it here? with the egg and bread?

12:00 pm
chicken breast or some meat...with brown rice. Sometimes some veggies or some potatoe...depends on the day :P
also beans SOMETIMES.

4:00 pm
fruits...Banana, apple whatever I find... (when I get the WHEY then it will be here with a banana or something)

7:00pm
TUNA most of the time, sometimes sandwhich with wheat bread and some "fat free" ham. BUT its tuna most of the time.

THATS IT

I have no idea what to add or remove...
I tried to buy cottage cheese but here in my country its EXPENSIVE...its imported from USA.

I know i should eat 5 times a day, more if I can...but seriously what can I add after 7 pm....the only thing after reading some posts that I though was good before sleeping is the cottage cheese...but its way too expensive.

What u guys think of this diet for a beginner that is just lifting and "trying" to clean bulk.... :P

gymgrown
06-03-2006, 12:27 AM
Eat BEFORE working out in the morning. You should be eating as often as you can in the morning. See sig.

Eat whole eggs. Eat more veggies. Eat more often! I wouldn't stress too much about what you eat right before bed, as long as it's not a big load of carbs. As long as you get some protien and fat then, you're good.

psychojoe
06-03-2006, 05:10 AM
I wouldn't stress too much about what you eat right before bed, as long as it's not a big load of carbs.

why not carbs?

gymgrown
06-03-2006, 07:35 AM
It's about carb timing, and eating them when you're going to use or replenish them. Someone posted that the Sumo wrestler's secret to weight gain is to eat a bunch of white rice right before bed.

psychojoe
06-03-2006, 07:46 AM
It's about carb timing, and eating them when you're going to use or replenish them.

I dont understand why that means eating carbs at night is a bad idea.

Someone posted that the Sumo wrestler's secret to weight gain is to eat a bunch of white rice right before bed.

convincing!

gymgrown
06-03-2006, 07:50 AM
Oh, by the way.

I tried to remove all the satured fats.
Take it for what it's worth, but some of us like our sat fats. :) There's a rebellion in the scientific community about the whole "sat fat is bad" thing. Read up.

http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=799093

alrededar
06-04-2006, 02:55 PM
Eat BEFORE working out in the morning. You should be eating as often as you can in the morning. See sig.

Eat whole eggs. Eat more veggies. Eat more often! I wouldn't stress too much about what you eat right before bed, as long as it's not a big load of carbs. As long as you get some protien and fat then, you're good.
eat before working out? I workout at 6:30...are you sure? I eat when I come back from breakfast all the time and I read in this forum (somewhere) that if you workout in the morning andeat after workout its better....all the diferent opinions are driving me crazy :P hehe

also isn't it bad? because I would feel the food in my stomach and stuff...I know when doing Tae-Bo day I can't eat for sure...cuz then i will throw up :D

oh and FULL EGGS? 4 full eggs daily? isn't that too much? everyone say thats bad.

also about satured fats...I just feel more heathly without them, i'm still gonna read the links in the post but from what I have seen some people do clean bulk and have great results.

psychojoe
06-04-2006, 03:00 PM
oh and FULL EGGS? 4 full eggs daily? isn't that too much? everyone say thats bad.

Everyone who has never looked into the topic for themselves, yea.

also about satured fats...I just feel more heathly without them

Because you believe them to be unhealthy, or because you actually feel a physical difference when you consume them?

___

gymgrown
06-04-2006, 03:00 PM
The reason I say eat right when you get up is so your muscles aren't in a catabolic state when you're working out. Just eat a little, anyway. Drink something with protien, maybe.

People disagree on what "clean" is. People disagree on pre-workout nutrition. People have opposite opinions on fat. Everyone has a different opinion about everything, and everyone is right.
Hope that helps clear things up.

alrededar
06-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the advice, i'll drink a glass of milk or something like that :)
wait...Orange juice would be better, with some sugar...thats enough, right?

gymgrown
06-04-2006, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the advice, i'll drink a glass of milk or something like that :)
wait...Orange juice would be better, with some sugar...thats enough, right?
I'd pick the milk.