PDA

View Full Version : teen looking for supplements to help height

youngman
12-16-2002, 05:15 PM
well if anyone has any ideas..lemme know, i know calcium is one, and the obvious some sort of growth hormone supplement, but what are the best is that humagro stuff good, its on the site. it has the "most legal amount" of growth hormone, but there's diferent kinds in all the supplememnts on the board, what kind of growth hormone would be best for me?and im not looking for anything illegal, and this is all in the chance that i still have more growing to do, im jus trying to get there quicker. im 18, and 5'6 135 pounds, my best weight was 148(lots of work) any suggestions please...

labrad
12-16-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by youngman
well if anyone has any ideas..lemme know, i know calcium is one, and the obvious some sort of growth hormone supplement, but what are the best is that humagro stuff good, its on the site. it has the "most legal amount" of growth hormone, but there's diferent kinds in all the supplememnts on the board, what kind of growth hormone would be best for me?and im not looking for anything illegal, and this is all in the chance that i still have more growing to do, im jus trying to get there quicker. im 18, and 5'6 135 pounds, my best weight was 148(lots of work) any suggestions please...

The legal "growth hormone" products are sh*t. Don't waste your $$. O.K. you are 5'6" and still growing. Do you know how many people would kill to be 5'6". Be happy with what God gave you.

cjszip
12-16-2002, 06:15 PM
yeah, just about nothing will make you taller. just grow naturally if there's anymore growing to do.

-cj

DawggieDawg69
12-16-2002, 06:43 PM
Humagro sucks, i tried it and i wasted my money..but thats ok as long as it helps other ppl to decide not to try it. There is no legal limit to how much gh can be sold from what i know of so thats just a marketing add (prolly going, based on some 3rd world countries law)

But as far as height go's there was one product out there called latitude i dont know if it's there any more, but according to the doctors that my dad works with it had a very conceptial idea that would work, but only if a person has trace cartlidge inbetween there joints.

There is surgery in which they insert a plate between your bone, but it's very painful from what i hear and you wont be able to do stuff like play intense sports.

Plus men grow till 21 i believe, like dennis rodman grew 6 inches after the age of 19..so there is still hope

labrad
12-16-2002, 06:52 PM
Hang from a bar or try gravity boots. I would try that b/4 bullsh*t supplements. Unless of course they were prescribed by a Dr., but a Dr. would probably not prescribe you any for the reasons I stated above. Peace.

Body_Builder88
01-02-2005, 06:14 PM
www.growthenhancer.com www.growthbooster.net www.heightmax.com theres a few

The Monstrosity
01-02-2005, 07:03 PM
[QUOTE=But as far as height go's there was one product out there called latitude i dont know if it's there any more, but according to the doctors that my dad works with it had a very conceptial idea that would work, but only if a person has trace cartlidge inbetween there joints.[/QUOTE]

Actually the company that made latitude was taken to court. They are now under bankruptcy protection for false advertising. I bought that product and they were forced to give me my money back because its a load of crap.
I am one of 4 kids all of us stopped growing before 18. Its probably way too late. There are things young people can take however at that age the long bones are sealed (in the vast majority of people) and no supplement or even drug can change height.

Pioneer
01-02-2005, 07:45 PM
youre short, lost of people are short, look at china, 2.7B short people there. minus that one playing basketball right now.

im short, there is nothing you can do about it. just get some muscle and you'll be fine.

Patrick Arnold
01-02-2005, 09:06 PM
Lancet. 2001 Jun 2;357(9270):1743-8. Related Articles, Links

Comment in:
Lancet. 2001 Jun 2;357(9270):1723-4.
Lancet. 2001 Oct 27;358(9291):1459-60.
Lancet. 2001 Oct 27;358(9291):1459; author reply 1460.

A specific aromatase inhibitor and potential increase in adult height in boys with delayed puberty: a randomised controlled trial.

Wickman S, Sipila I, Ankarberg-Lindgren C, Norjavaara E, Dunkel L.

Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Helsinki, Ph 281, FIN-00029, Hus, Finland

BACKGROUND: The role of oestrogens in the closure of growth plates in both sexes is unequivocal. We postulated that inhibition of oestrogen synthesis in boys with delayed puberty would delay maturation of the growth plates and ultimately result in increased adult height. METHODS: We did a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study in which we treated boys with constitutional delay of puberty with testosterone and placebo, or testosterone and letrozole. Boys who decided to wait for the spontaneous progression of puberty without medical intervention composed the untreated group. FINDINGS: Letrozole effectively inhibited oestrogen synthesis and delayed bone maturation. Progression of bone maturation was slower in the letrozole group than in the placebo group. In 18 months, bone age had advanced 1.1 (SD 0.8) years in the untreated group and 1.7 (0.9) years in the group treated with testosterone and placebo, but only 0.9 (0.6) years in the letrozole group (p=0.03 between the treatment groups). Predicted adult height did not change significantly in the untreated group and in the placebo group, whereas in the group treated with letrozole the increase was 5.1 (3.7) cm (p=0.004). INTERPRETATIONS: Our findings suggest that if oestrogen action is inhibited in growing adolescents, adult height will increase. This finding provides a rationale for studies that aim to delay bone maturation in several growth disorders.

Publication Types:
Clinical Trial
Randomized Controlled Trial

PMID: 11403810 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Immichaelski
01-02-2005, 09:10 PM
Refer kills whitey!!

djelev8
01-02-2005, 10:32 PM
You Might Grow Another Inch Before Your Growth Stops, But If Not, It Ain't The End Of The World. "average" Height Is 5'9 For Males, A Whopping 3 Inches Ain't Nothing. Just Think Of All The Skinny Little 5'9 Guys Who Would Give Up A Couple Inches In Their Height For The Body Mass You Seem To Have. I've Learned That No Matter Who It Is, Everybody Wants To Change At Least 1 Thing About Themselves Physically. I Will Tell You Tho, My Grandma Knew A Man Who Had To Gain An Extra Couple Inches On His Height To Get Into The Military Many Years Ago. He Did So Through Hanging And Stretching. Ask A Doctor About This Tho, 'cause I Don't Know The Exact Stuff For You To Do, And I Don't Wanna Tell You What Might Be The Wrong Info. I'm Not Sure How Long This Would Last Tho, I'd Assume You'd Have To Continue These Exercises The Rest Of Your Life To Keep Those Extra Inches. Prolly More Trouble Than It's Worth.

AmateurWrestler
01-03-2005, 12:58 AM
Height is genetic. There is no supplement that you can take that will make you grow taller man, you just have to wait and see what happens.

Body_Builder88
01-19-2005, 08:22 PM
Heightmax.com

magikmushr00mz
01-24-2005, 08:27 PM
genetic limits are not suppose to end your dreams and goals.

Genetic limits can easily be broken.

as for that guy who said theres no limit on growth hormones that can be added there is
that is why you can only get the real stuff through prescriptions

Also pills have bioavialbilty which means only some of it will be in your body before your liver breaks it down. HGh pills are almost useless for 2 reasons. A) they are uneffective orally taken. b) the amount that can be put in as a a supplement is almost i think 1/1000 of the amount in a serving for the real stuff that can only be taken through injections.

It is proven that external soruces of HGH will add inches to your height most kids who were on it grew 2-4 inches (from cbs or nbc news report)

Also you may have grown to your genetic limit but your height also depends on your deit. if you haven't realized before the asian countries became westernized asian people in japan were on avg 5'1-5'2 (knowledge taken from asian studies class) but after the americans went and fed them vitamin fortified and mineral enriched foods the national avg height is about 5'5 5'6 now. So in fact height is very much dependent on your diet.

genetic limits are nothing they can be broken, when you hit your peak in muscles you can break it by using ph/steriods. when you hit your peak in height you can break it by taking hgh.

good luck

T-Baby
01-24-2005, 08:34 PM

Yeah, there's definitely such a thing as pills that increase your height. No, really there is. Really man, I swear those pills you see online at various websites are not scams. No way man, they're 100% legit. I don't know why the entire world population who would all love to be taller doesn't know about them, but they sure do work. Really, they do.

AWILD
01-24-2005, 08:55 PM
22 years old, 5'6" 150lbs and cool with it.

Its all about confidence really. If its women you have trouble with...it isnt your height. If guys give you a hard time, shrug it off and get pissed in the gym. They wont rip on height when you're big enough to rip their head off.