PDA

View Full Version : U.S.-led attack kills 76 in Afghanistan

freedom fighter
05-22-2006, 11:43 AM
The U.S. military said 20 Taliban had been confirmed killed and up to 60 other insurgents were possibly dead.It said ground troops were checking reports of civilian casualties
So why can the US military distinguish Taliban fighters from civilians but
not the other way round?

No, the whole attitude of the US military stinks and is fuelling yet more hatred.
It is also making it hard for Nato forces in there preparation for taking over security responsibilities in the south from U.S.-led forces.
The attitude of bomb first and don't ask questions later must change
for the benefit of everyone, surely?

LethalOnGuitarZ
05-22-2006, 11:49 AM
I dunno, but they really need to stop the whole gung-ho attitude. I know it must be damn unnerving when you don't know if the guy walking towards you has a bomb strapped to his chest or is just coming over to say hi.. but yeah, a little more caution needs to be implemented if they wanna gain favour.

RockyIV
05-22-2006, 11:54 AM
The bad guys don't wear uniforms. Everybody looks the same in that warzone. The troops get intel that there are bad guys as a location and they act on it. Frankly, I appreciate their killing 30 known taliban fighters.

bulletproofsoul
05-22-2006, 12:08 PM
The U.S. military said 20 Taliban had been confirmed killed and up to 60 other insurgents were possibly dead.It said ground troops were checking reports of civilian casualties
So why can the US military distinguish Taliban fighters from civilians but
not the other way round?

No, the whole attitude of the US military stinks and is fuelling yet more hatred.
It is also making it hard for Nato forces in there preparation for taking over security responsibilities in the south from U.S.-led forces.
The attitude of bomb first and don't ask questions later must change
for the benefit of everyone, surely?They ran into the people's houses. Did you read the story? I did. It isn't so easy to fight these people. They don't wear uniforms or conduct warfare honorably...they do the opposite.

I agree it is a problem to fight insurgents who use civilians as shields. They do it for a reason...to avoid getting killed and playing on American/Western reluctance to incur civilian deaths.

They cheat because they are the scum of the earth. Filth. Beasts.

Might you have a solution to asymmetric warfare such that civilians are protected, or are you only capable of criticizing? Shall we let the Taliban escape, to wreak more havoc and bombings throughout the country and attempt to overthrow the government?

Before you answer, no one has yet figured out the solution to asymmetric warfare. :)

freedom fighter
05-22-2006, 01:08 PM
They ran into the people's houses. Did you read the story? I did. It isn't so easy to fight these people. They don't wear uniforms or conduct warfare honorably...they do the opposite.

I agree it is a problem to fight insurgents who use civilians as shields. They do it for a reason...to avoid getting killed and playing on American/Western reluctance to incur civilian deaths.

They cheat because they are the scum of the earth. Filth. Beasts.

Might you have a solution to asymmetric warfare such that civilians are protected, or are you only capable of criticizing? Shall we let the Taliban escape, to wreak more havoc and bombings throughout the country and attempt to overthrow the government?

Before you answer, no one has yet figured out the solution to asymmetric warfare. :)

They ran into the people's houses didnt hear that, so why didnt they lay seige on them and take them alive to interrorgate them and try and save cilivians lifes then?.
What I read is that the US airstriked one area knowing there could be collateral damage i.e cilivians

RockyIV
05-22-2006, 01:15 PM
They ran into the people's houses didnt hear that, so why didnt they lay seige on them and take them alive to interrorgate them and try and save cilivians lifes then?.
What I read is that the US airstriked one area knowing there could be collateral damage i.e cilivians

Typically that is desired, but it doesn't always go down like that in the real world. The troops generally are not interested in killing innocents, they were there we weren't.

Geno
05-22-2006, 01:56 PM

There were no troops close enough to do that and it would have been a collosal waste of time anyway. Everyone looks basically alike, no one talks for fear of the f'cking HUNS that used to run the country coming and retaliating against them (usually when the man of the home is away and his wife/children are all that will be there - you know - real men) and moving troops around is a pain in the ass in that ****hole of a country.

Every person that I know that has been in-country in Ashcanistan hates the place and most of the people.

I am of the opinion that the whole country, every improvement (what few there are) and every single living creature in it is not worth one 18 year old soldier or sailor's life. Stand off and nuke the **** out of it.

Iraq, on the other hand, has oil and it's people have demonstrated they can live together without murdering the **** out of each other (during the Shah days anyway). I think that country owes us for kicking them out of Kuwait and for deposing a despot.

Shahin
05-22-2006, 02:10 PM
I am of the opinion that the whole country, every improvement (what few there are) and every single living creature in it is not worth one 18 year old soldier or sailor's life. Stand off and nuke the **** out of it.

Yeah...genocide is the solution to Americas problems in the middle east. Gotcha.

freedom fighter
05-22-2006, 02:19 PM
There were no troops close enough to do that and it would have been a collosal waste of time anyway. Everyone looks basically alike, no one talks for fear of the f'cking HUNS that used to run the country coming and retaliating against them (usually when the man of the home is away and his wife/children are all that will be there - you know - real men) and moving troops around is a pain in the ass in that ****hole of a country.

Every person that I know that has been in-country in Ashcanistan hates the place and most of the people.

Iraq, on the other hand, has oil and it's people have demonstrated they can live together without murdering the **** out of each other (during the Shah days anyway). I think that country owes us for kicking them out of Kuwait and for deposing a despot.

Thats some attitude you got there about Afgans let me guest ur an American,and the US military must think the same way