PDA

View Full Version : Oatmeal while cutting

_Spiral
05-21-2006, 08:12 AM
Hi guys, friend threw a cutting diet together for me..around 2500...the one thing is 2x in the morning i'll have roughly 7 egg whites and 1/4 cup oatmeal....would it be alright to add 1tbl of nat peanut butter to the oatmeal and nothing else i'd moderate the rest of my meals accordingly. Most likely i'm replacing the meal replacement shake he has added in at night with something less than..but same amount of protein.

ImPumpingIron
05-21-2006, 08:16 AM
Hi guys, friend threw a cutting diet together for me..around 2500...the one thing is 2x in the morning i'll have roughly 7 egg whites and 1/4 cup oatmeal....would it be alright to add 1tbl of nat peanut butter to the oatmeal and nothing else i'd moderate the rest of my meals accordingly. Most likely i'm replacing the meal replacement shake he has added in at night with something less than..but same amount of protein.

Go ahead. Natty PB is great for you when you cut. Its a great way to get some good fats. Just make you dont go overboard (which your not).

Rippedtohell
05-21-2006, 05:46 PM
eat more carbs for breakfast even though you are cutting, and taper them off as the day goes so your last meal is just protein and vegetables, or protein and fats or protein by itself....This doesnt apply unless you work out late at night....By the ways, 1/4 cup oatmeal is nothing... Thats only 15 grams of carbs or so... figure out how many carbs you plan on eating for the whole day, then go from there...I dont know what your macronutrient ratio is or else I would help you...