PDA

View Full Version : Critique my cutting diet

joey joe joe
05-21-2006, 07:50 AM
Hey folks, just wanted some comments on this to see if I'm on the right track and learn where I can improve. This is just a sample of my diet from last week, a couple meals vary from day to day, but nutritional intake is pretty consistent. Sometimes my PWO shake is replaced by a bowl of Kashi or Grain Shop cereal and whey protein.

I'm 6'0, 205lbs, and probably around 22% BF (you can see some pics in the link in my sig).

7:00am: Greens+, CEE (non-lifting days only), CLA, E/C (24mg E, 200mg C)

7:30am: Shake (1cup skim milk, 1.5 scoop ON 100% Whey, 1/2 cup oats, 1 tbsp flax oil)
Multi, Fish oil, Vitamin C

10am: 1/2 cup FF cottage cheese, 1/2 cup FF yogurt

11am: E/C, CLA

12pm: 1/2 cup brown & wild rice, chicken breast, 1 cup mixed veggies
Fish oil, Vitamin C

3pm: 1.5 scoop ON 100% Whey (mixed in water), apple or carrots

6-6:30: grilled turkey breast, spinach salad, 1 cup mixed veggies

7:30pm: CEE (on lift days)

8pm: workout

9:30: PWO shake (same as breakfast shake)

10:30: Mega Milk with skim milk (on lifting days)
or 1/2 cup FF cottage cheese, 1/2 cup FF yogurt (non lifting days)

So far this diet has me feeling great with lots of energy, but I'm always looking to improve, so comments are greatly appreciated!

joey joe joe
05-22-2006, 08:55 AM
Bueller?

joey joe joe
05-23-2006, 08:16 AM
Here's another example of what I'm eating today. I've just eaten my 10:30am meal, so the rest is what's planned.

7:00am: Greens+, CLA, E/C (24mg E, 200mg C)

7:30am: Shake (1cup skim milk, 1 scoop ON 100% Whey, 1/2 cup oats, 1 tbsp flax oil)

10:30am: 1/2 cup FF cottage cheese, 1/2 cup FF yogurt

11:30am: E/C, CLA

12pm: 1/2 cup brown & wild rice, chicken breast, 1 cup mixed veggies
Fish oil, Vitamin C

3pm: EAS Myoplex Carb Sense protein bar, couple handfulls of baby carrots

6-6:30: chicken breast, 1 cup whole wheat pasta, 1 cup mixed veggies

7pm: 1 scoop ON whey, apple juice

7:30pm: CEE

8pm: workout

9:30: 1 cup All bran cereal w/ skim milk

10:30: Mega Milk with skim milk

Edit: forgot to add the chicken to the pasta

Jim_Gym
05-23-2006, 08:23 AM
My personal opinon, too many shakes, bars and supps. Bars are crap, shakes are unnecessary except after workout, and the supplements are not food per se. Solid food will fill you up better. Why not more lean meats and some fruit and more veggies? You only have one solid meal there per day with solid meat and veggies. And I prefer solid meat protein for breakfast, not "wake and shake", which seems to be so popular here on the forum. And the cereal at night, not so great even if it is after workout.

joey joe joe
05-23-2006, 09:00 AM
Thanks Jim! I try to work in more solid meals during the day, but it's tough while I'm at work. I only get a 30 minute lunch break, so my other meals have to be really quick and somewhat discreet. Also, I can't stomach eggs or tuna, which narrows my options for quick protein. Thanks for the direction though, I'll be searching the forums for some quick recipes.

joey joe joe
05-24-2006, 12:33 PM
Taking Jim's advice, I tried to add more real food to the menu today. I still can't figure meat for breakfast into the equation, so I had the usual oats and whey shake.

Meal 1 - whey, oats, skim milk, flax oil
Meal 2 - cottage cheese, yogurt
Meal 3 - Quizno's 6" honey bourbon chicken sub (359 kcal, 24g pro, 45g carb, 6g fat)
Meal 4 - chicken breast, 1/2 cup brown rice, carrots
Meal 5 - turkey breast, spinach, mixed veggies
Meal 6 - (PWO) banana, MegaMilk with skim milk

The quizno's sub was the result of a lunch meeting, and that's their healthiest sub on the menu. I'm about to have Meal 4, so I have to sneak away from my desk... it's a good thing I don't like my job! hehe