PDA

View Full Version : Am I eating TOO MUCH Good Fats? (Diet enclosed)

WorldChanger
05-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Ok, my protein and carbs are right on. My goal is to be very lean all year around! I want to be as cut as possible, while adding muscle as well. I am 6 feet tall, weight 170 pounds right now.

Here are the GOOD fats I take in on a DAILY basis:

Olive Oil (2-3 teaspoons)
Avocado (1 Whole)
Peanut Butter (thick spread over a slice of bread)
Flax Seed Oil (3 capsules)
Fish Oil (3 capsules)

Besides that, I keep my other fats to a very minumum. My diet is very clean, and the only other fats I get is from milk and cottage cheese.

Am I taking in too much good fats if I want to be very cut?

fologobis
05-15-2006, 06:43 PM
how many carbs r u eatin in a day and do not mix fat and carbs. u should look up a tcd diet(timed carb diet)

RUGBYplaya4LIFE
05-15-2006, 09:23 PM
1. I assume you want to clean bulk (staying lean while bulking up a bit)

2. Calculate the actual fat all that has... it actually looks possibly a bit less.... those EFA caps only have like 1gram of fat each... a TABLEspoon of olive oil has like 15grams of fat.. dunno about the advocado and PB has like 8 per TBSP.

I'm cutting and I take in about 45-55grams of EFAs... so yea.

WorldChanger
05-15-2006, 09:54 PM
Thanks guys for the replies so far. I am not sure exactly how much carbs I am taking in right now. BUt yes, I am doing a clean bulk.

Now, how do you figure out how much TOTAL fat you need? What is the formula for someone trying to stay very lean?

boyscouT
05-15-2006, 10:06 PM
Thanks guys for the replies so far. I am not sure exactly how much carbs I am taking in right now. BUt yes, I am doing a clean bulk.

Now, how do you figure out how much TOTAL fat you need? What is the formula for someone trying to stay very lean?

IMO never go below 20% healthy fat, so there's your minimum amount.

STLRAMS2006
05-15-2006, 10:31 PM
how many carbs r u eatin in a day and do not mix fat and carbs. u should look up a tcd diet(timed carb diet)

ummm I'm not so sure about the accuracy of that statement. I believe one of the best ways to control insulin levels is by taking healthy fats with carbs. If anything I'd stay away from mixing protein and carbs without healthy fats.

alexclark
05-16-2006, 01:00 AM
ummm I'm not so sure about the accuracy of that statement. I believe one of the best ways to control insulin levels is by taking healthy fats with carbs. If anything I'd stay away from mixing protein and carbs without healthy fats.

I agree.
I wouldn't follow the timed carb diet... it is based completely on theory and has been proven to not be very effective at what it claims to do.

rob86
05-16-2006, 03:37 AM
fat and carbs are fine together

Xantrael
05-16-2006, 04:05 AM
yah i'm an endomorph and I've recently raised my fats to 27-28% of my daily intake... I'm 190 pounds putting away 3500-3700 calories/day and I can't gain weight, lol... and I ate pasta with a handful of peanuts last night :) Take that food combining theory! That does not look like too much good fat btw. Make sure you get some saturates though... I eat like 3+ egg yolks per day, red meat occasionally, it is all good man.

u.spetznaz
05-16-2006, 06:10 AM
TOO MUCH????

you must be joking

WorldChanger
05-16-2006, 10:00 PM
Great, so the concesnsus is that the fats I'm taking is okay if I want to stay super lean?