PDA

View Full Version : Is it bad to eat the same thing everyday?

KobeGroupie
05-15-2006, 02:15 PM
I want to start eating healthy but my choices are now limited. Is it bad to eat 2 egg yolks a day. Not egg whites. What kind of oil do you use? Is it bad to use salt? Is butter healthy?

Bob_Ross42
05-15-2006, 02:19 PM
I want to start eating healthy but my choices are now limited. Is it bad to eat 2 egg yolks a day. Not egg whites. What kind of oil do you use? Is it bad to use salt? Is butter healthy?

no, olive, yes, yes

stay away from salt and NO BUTTER IS NOT HEALTHY!

Dave P
05-15-2006, 02:20 PM
2 egg yolks is fine. Try some fat free spray oil (looks like a hairspray can). Salt is ok in moderation...might want to drink more water. Butter is not healthy.

IraHays
05-15-2006, 02:22 PM
It depends. Some people can develope allergies to certain foods if they eat the same ones every day. Its mostly to milk and certain types of nuts. Others have no problems. I have not heard about anybody becoming sensative to eggs.

I eat whole eggs everyday, many people do, they are good for you. I wouldn't worry about the eggs. I dont' use oil to cook, I use natural butter.

I use potassium salt on all of my meals for an effective way to get my daily potassium.

KeepintheFaith
05-15-2006, 02:40 PM
2 egg yolks is fine. Try some fat free spray oil (looks like a hairspray can). Salt is ok in moderation...might want to drink more water. Butter is not healthy.

Well, unfortunately, the fat free moniker on the cans of cooking spray is misleading. I believe it is because anything according to food labeling with less than .5g of fat per serving can be deemed "fat free". Now, being as a serving of most cooking sprays are less than .5g in and of themselves, they could be (and I believe are) 100% oil = full of fat. They use slight of hand to get around things, so caveate emptor when buying that stuff.

Jamesstout
05-15-2006, 02:55 PM
they are actually oi and water mixed together by a spray mister and mix it yourself....

Hercule
05-15-2006, 04:39 PM
Do not listen to these fools, butter definately IS healthy.

think otherwise? find me a clinical study which shows a negative effect of saturated fat on heart health or mortality.

http://www.westonaprice.org/foodfeatures/butter.html

Coconut oil for cooking, only use extra virgin olive oil for drizzling cold. It is denatured easily with heat.

Use sea salt and as much as you like.