PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Optimum's Chocolate or Cookies n Cream better?

xxndnromeoxx
05-05-2006, 09:15 AM
Which one do you like the best, cookies and cream or chocolate? And does cookies and cream taste bad or is it better than vanilla?

Max Omega
05-05-2006, 09:23 AM
ON's vanilla tastes horrible in my opinion. Chocolate mint and Cookies & Cream are the only good ones.

TexAss
05-05-2006, 09:54 AM
Yes, vanilla is bad.

Chocolate is good, better than C&C, IMO.

vanilla mixed with chocolate is only half bad, as you would expect.

JarHeaD316
05-05-2006, 10:07 AM
vanilla is bad, if i were to drink ON just plain i would go with chocolate

quick f4i
05-05-2006, 10:52 AM
i bought a tub of ON cookies and cream once and i knew from the first scoop that the next month or two was going to be a struggle! it smelled like dried vomit. chocolate mint gets my vote! the double chocolate is Ok...

MegaMan7
05-05-2006, 10:53 AM
I've got Rocky Road and it tastes pretty damn good

ryuten
05-05-2006, 11:04 AM
cookies and cream tastes like ASS. it was the first jug of protein i bought, but that was about a year ago. unless they've changed the taste, dont' get it.

rocky road is okay, but i can't say i like it too much.

chocolate is just standard.

strawberry tastes great imo. it's my favorite out of their lineup. but i haven't tried the other flavors, cuz now i only buy in 10 pound bags.

Struct09
05-05-2006, 11:26 AM
I haven't tried Cookies and Cream, but the regular Chocolate is good in my opinion.

Rocky Road is OK, but I prefer the normal Chocolate.

Chocolate Mint = my favorite for PWO!

CinciBoy23
05-05-2006, 11:27 AM
Chocolate isn't bad.

Tropical Punch is good with water.

aljick
05-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Today I finished 2lbs of Cookies and Cream after wo..... it's quite good. Very sweet. I also add dextrose which makes it even more sweet.
Some people may not like so much sweetness.
On monday ON chocolate is arriving, hope it's up to C&C and better!

xxndnromeoxx
05-05-2006, 01:57 PM
This has been extremely helpful. Now it's between

Chocolate and Chocolate Mint :)

I had the displeasure of trying Vanilla for my first time, this time around I may just stick with the safe bet: Chocolate. But I haven't heard anyone disatisfied with the Mint either.

in10city
05-05-2006, 02:04 PM
This has been extremely helpful. Now it's between

Chocolate and Chocolate Mint :)

I had the displeasure of trying Vanilla for my first time, this time around I may just stick with the safe bet: Chocolate. But I haven't heard anyone disatisfied with the Mint either.
Chocolate Mint for sure.

(BTW - the Cookies & Cream also has high fructose corn syrup in the cookie crumbs - if the taste by itself isn't unappetizing enough)

yellowjacket621
05-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Chocolate is delicious.

Cookies and Cream looks, smells, and tastes like dehydrated bird poop.

puppetzz
05-05-2006, 03:09 PM
I have tried 3 ON flavors

These are my rankings

1. Chocolate
2. Chocolate Mint
3. Rocky Road

GJWrestle878
05-05-2006, 03:16 PM
I have bought gold standard : vanilla, Cookies and cream, chocolate, and rocky road. here is my review

cookies and cream - best flavor, hard to get sick of

vanilla- really good with water a lone if you like a cakebatter type vanilla taste. It gets numbre 2 in my book

rocky road- alright, not too flavorful, but gets the job done. tie with chocolate

chocolate- gets boring fast for me. it isnt super chocolatly

Strategery
05-05-2006, 05:14 PM
I made the mistake of buying a 5 pounder of cookies & cream. After one serving that I had to choke down, I knew I could not finish the container so I gave it to a friend. He loves the stuff, but I can't stand it. I call it "Lung Cookies & Cream".

Choc all the way for me. I never get tired of the stuff.

xxndnromeoxx
05-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Wow, it's either that people love cookies and cream or simply hate it. I suppose I won't risk it again, I'm going with chocolate. Thanks guys.

What are some nice recipes you make with your whey? I would love to hear them

AllKindsofSwole
05-05-2006, 09:30 PM
my take on the flavors i have tried

Chocolate > Chocolate Mint > C & C >>> Strawberry

cazmcm
05-06-2006, 12:11 AM
I've tried 3 flavours and rate as follows...
Cookies and Cream
Rocky Road
Choc Mint
I don't wanna try chocolate its just never tastes good in a protein powder

Wasko
05-06-2006, 12:26 AM
I have tried:

Cookies and Cream - ok
Chocolate - ok
Strawberry - yum
Vanilla - yuck

I have always loved the strawberry but I bought a new strawberry 10 pound bag just two weeks ago and the flavour tastes different now, not as good IMO if they actually did change it, it could just be my taste buds going bonkers on me though.