PDA

View Full Version : Not a lot of time for breakfast

strongpointe85
05-03-2006, 11:50 PM
I dont have a lot of time tomorrow morning to workout. I normally eat breakfast and then wait an hour until i hit up the gym but is there anything that i can eat and then just hitup the gym right after that wont make me feel like ****? Or should i not bother eating @ all? I just need some suggestions because i have to work @ 12 and im going to wakeup @ around 10 and i have to leave myself some time to take a shower when i get back from the gym and stuff... any input is greatly appreciated as always.. thanks -Jeff

ab-swing asianbabe
05-04-2006, 03:14 AM
I think you should stick with eating an hour beforehand!

Reasons...
Eating just before will probably make you puke

Not eating is NOT an option - or you can say goodbye to muscles and aloha to catabolism

Just eat when you wake up, you can make a quick shake, or the night before if you are really pressed for time.

matthor
05-04-2006, 03:29 AM
make a protein shake with a small amount of water (so not too much quantity as having a belly full of shake isnt great) and a piece of toast or something to make sure u arent hungry at all. u should be ok - or just wake up a bit earlier? 10am, that is a sleep in already :D

slic3
05-04-2006, 03:48 AM
Get up before 10 , 10 is late as it is.

Mr. Barnes
05-04-2006, 03:58 AM
Get up before 10 , 10 is late as it is.

Yep, get up earlier. It all boils down to how much you really want to reach your goals.

Stonecoldtruth
05-04-2006, 04:27 AM
Don't workout right after eating, heres why (also why it is important to eat):

1 - If you workout right after eating, your muscles and your digestive system are fighting for the resources from that food. The result is typically stomach pains, nauseousness, and even diarrhea.

2 - When you wake up, your blood sugar is low after having essentially 'fasted' overnight. Eating while having low blood sugar can lead to headaches or dizziness. This is not optimal obviously.

firstcut
05-04-2006, 05:12 AM
2 - When you wake up, your blood sugar is low after having essentially 'fasted' overnight. Eating while having low blood sugar can lead to headaches or dizziness. This is not optimal obviously.

Do you mean working out while having low blood sugar can lead to headaches or dizziness?