PDA

View Full Version : New MET-Rx Products Have Been Launched!!!!!!

MCWTRAINER
05-03-2006, 05:51 PM
I can now spill the beans!!! Finally!! Like I have been mentioning the last couple of months, MET-Rx has been at work on a new line of products. I can now officially share with you those products. I am very excited with this new line and I'm sure you will be too. At this time I do not know when the products will be available on Bodybuilding.com but I do know within the next couple of weeks the products will be available on www.metrx.com. I will fill you all in when I hear a date on when the products will be in the Cyberstore. OK, enough with the talking, here are the products and their descriptions!

Muscle Mass & Strength
MET-Rx® 100%* Ultramyosyn Whey Protein Powder
-Superior Source of BCAAs

Great-tasting premium whey, that delivers a powerful blend of high quality protein and the perfect combination of Branched Chain Amino Acids bodybuilders and athletes demand.

· Contains all the amino acids required for supporting lean muscle*
· Gold Standard for Quality with Micro-Filtered Whey Protein Isolate and Ultra-Filtered Whey Protein Concentrate
· Quick absorbing Whey Protein Blend to speed amino acid delivery
· Instantized Whey Protein for easy mixing
*This product is composed of a protein blend that is 100% Whey Protein

Fat Loss and Muscle Tone
MET-Rx® Xtreme ThermoSlim
-Energy Booster*

Help curb your appetite and support extreme energy with MET-Rx® Xtreme ThermoSlim.* Xtreme ThermoSlim combines three hardcore proprietary formulations.

· ThermoPlex Blend - contains a combination of thermogenic herbs to give you the kick you need to start your workout and help speed up lipolysis to make fat available for energy*.
· HydroxyPlex Blend - helps in the fight to curb appetite*.
· InsulPlex Blend - contains chromium to promote sugar and fat metabolism*.

MET-Rx® Hardcore Tonalin CLA
-1000mg

Tonalin® CLA is a powerful supplement that has been clinically shown to help reduce body fat and help keep it off when taken every day.*

· Clinically shown to aid in the maintenance of lean tissue, which is important to help your body burn calories more efficiently.*
· Helps reduce body fat*
· Supports lean muscle mass*
· Derived from all natural safflower oil

Performance Supplements
MET-Rx® Xtreme NitroPump NOS
-Superior Vaso-Flow Booster

MET-Rx® Xtreme NitroPump NOS (can not make any claims on arginine for lean body mass or performance). Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate is an amino acid compound that helps maintain normal, healthy blood flow and nutrient delivery to muscle cells*. This supplement is important for circulation of glucose and other nutrients to muscle during exercise.*

· Contains Arginine, an amino acid that can serve as a precursor for the formation of Nitric Oxide*.
· Advanced time-release delivery system to further facilitate continual absorption of Arginine into the blood stream.

MET-Rx® Hardcore ZMA®
-Patent-Pending Mineral Support Formula

Hardcore training can deplete your body’s minerals… reload with MET-Rx Hardcore ZMA. The combination of Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B6 is a unique, university tested, patent-pending mineral support formula containing highly bioavailable forms of Zinc and Magnesium.

· Zinc is an important mineral beneficial for male physiology by supporting healthy testosterone levels.*
· Magnesium is an essential component of the muscle enzyme creatine kinase and is a vital factor in energy production and muscle contractions*.
· Contains Vitamin B-6, which acts as a cofactor to an enzyme required for aspartate metabolism*.

MET-Rx® Hardcore Tribulus Terrestris
-Standardized for 40% Saponins

Tribulus Terrestris is a traditional Ayurvedic herb used for centuries in Indian culture. Popular among bodybuilders, MET-Rx Hardcore Tribulus Terrestris is the perfect complement to your hardcore training regimen.

· Standardized for 40% saponins per serving to ensure you receive the active components.
· Hardcore Laboratory Tested

Exercise Recovery and Repair
MET-Rx® Hardcore L-Glutamine
-Anti-Catabolic*

MET-Rx Hardcore L-Glutamine is a powerful fuel for your muscles and supports recovery from hardcore workouts*. · L-Glutamine is vital for the proper functioning of the immune system.*

· Glutamine is a crucial component of muscle cells.*

Size
300g Hardcore L-Glutamine Powder
500g Hardcore L-Glutamine Powder
1000g Hardcore L-Glutamine Powder
100 Hardcore L-Glutamine 500mg Capsule
200 Hardcore L-Glutamine 500mg Capsule
100 Hardcore L-Glutamine 1000mg Capsule
200 Hardcore L-Glutamine 1000mg Capsule

MET-Rx® Hi-Test Liquid Amino
-BCAA Nitrogen Formulation

MET-Rx® Hi-Test Liquid Amino is the easily digested Amino Acid source specially designed to be used as part of a hardcore training regimen.

· Features Amino-Sorb technology… for rapid Amino Acid delivery right when you need it.
· Contains a blend of essential amino acids, including all three branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs)
· Amino Acids serve as protein building blocks*
· Specially formulated for bodybuilders, powerlifters and athletes

MET-Rx® Hardcore Amino 3000
MET-Rx Hardcore Amino 3000 is a powerful blend of all three Branched Chained Amino Acids plus other essential aminos to help your body build protein, which is the main component of muscle tissue.*

· Scientifically formulated for your hardcore bodybuilding regimen.
· Amino Acids provide crucial building blocks for protein, which is the main component of muscle tissue*

MET-Rx® HMB Capsules
HMB is getting more and more popular with bodybuilders who want to make the most of their gains. HMB is a metabolite of leucine, a branched chain amino acid that has been scientifically researched in combination with weight training.

· May help support strength levels and muscles*.
· HMB is a metabolite of leucine
· Scientifically researched

MET-Rx® Xtreme Creatine Blast RTC
-Rapid Transport Creatine

Xtreme Creatine Blast RTC takes ordinary Creatine supplements to the next level with the addition of fast digesting carbohydrates and electrolytes. This great-tasting Creatine formula supports muscle size, strength and power*.

· Helps promote athletic performance*
· Creatine enhances the ability of your muscles to produce higher muscular force, especially during short bouts of maximal exercise*
· Certified Pure by laboratory HPLC analysis.
· Tastes Great. Easy to mix.

Size Flavor
2lb Fruit Punch
5lb Fruit Punch
2lb Grape
5lb Grape

MET-Rx® Hardcore Creatine
-100% HPLC Pure Creatine Monohydrate

Don’t trust your workout to anything less than MET-Rx’s Hardcore Creatine Caps and Powder. Each serving contains HPLC Pure Creatine Monohydrate, the best source of creatine because it contains more creatine per weight of material than any other source.

· Supports lean muscle mass, strength, power and speeds up recovery rates*
· Enhances the ability of muscles to produce higher muscular force, especially during short bouts of maximal exercise*
· Helps promote athletic performance*
· Pharmaceutical Grade

Size
120ct Hardcore Creatine Caps
240ct Hardcore Creatine Caps
400g Hardcore Creatine Powder
1000g Hardcore Creatine Powder

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Results may vary. Use in conjunction with an intense daily exercise program and a balanced diet including an adequate caloric intake.

pu12en12g
05-03-2006, 05:53 PM
Good luck with it man :cool:

MET-Rx® Xtreme Creatine Blast RTC sounds very interesting !!

Jsorb8997
05-03-2006, 05:56 PM
I've always liked Met-Rx...their protein MRPs are the best tasting I've ever tried.

naturalguy
05-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Nice to see, it's about time they came out with some new formulas.

I especially like this statement:

(can not make any claims on arginine for lean body mass or performance)

It's nice to see a company be honest with customers!

Blap Blaow
05-03-2006, 05:57 PM
hmm, some very interesting stuff. The ThermoSlim is most interesting to me. MET-Rx has been selling a lot of the basic stuff here for a fair while now though. I have the ZMA right here :D

MCWTRAINER
05-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Good luck with it man :cool:

I'm even at work... I got the call and I couldn't wait any longer, I HAD TO SPILL THE BEANS!!! I'm very excited. :)

Big_Spaz
05-03-2006, 05:59 PM
Hey Matt, are you at home? I'm going to give you a buzz.

-Spaz

MCWTRAINER
05-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'm pushing hard to get this stuff in the Cyberstore. Thanks for being patient too. I know I have been hinting about this stuff for a couple months now...

MCWTRAINER
05-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Hey Matt, are you at home? I'm going to give you a buzz.

-Spaz
I'm at work. I won't be home till after 10:30pm probably since I'm staying after work to tan. You need somethin?

Big_Spaz
05-03-2006, 06:05 PM
I'm at work. I won't be home till after 10:30pm probably since I'm staying after work to tan. You need somethin?

No, that's cool. I'll give you a call another time. I was going to talk to you about the new products and stuff. I'll hit you up another time.

-Spaz

Anssi Manninen
05-03-2006, 06:06 PM
Can you provide more info on Liquid Amino.

MCWTRAINER
05-03-2006, 06:08 PM
What questions do you have? That is all the information that they sent me so if you have specific questions I'll get the answers for you. This all was just thrown at me today... :)

sublimejeh
05-03-2006, 06:08 PM
finallyyyyy met rx comes out with some new products! I see some promising supplements on that list!

Anssi Manninen
05-03-2006, 06:09 PM
What it exactly contains and in what form..? Thanks, AM

MCWTRAINER
05-03-2006, 06:13 PM
What it exactly contains and in what form..? Thanks, AM
Let me email Dana. I will hopefully have your answer tomorrow, I doubt she is still in the office. Sorry, I'm not much help right now, that is all the information they gave me. The planning of me telling you all about the new products is a little premature. I got excited when I they said I could tell you guys... ;)

HalleluYAH
05-03-2006, 06:14 PM
Yes, please do. I was just going to ask the same thing. MET-Rx® Hi-Test Liquid Amino is intriguing.

MCWTRAINER
05-03-2006, 06:20 PM
Yes, please do. I was just going to ask the same thing. MET-Rx® Hi-Test Liquid Amino is intriguing.
I just emailed Dana. She should get back to me tomorrow...

Bloute
05-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Thank you for the scoop Matt ! :D !!

Many promising products !

MCWTRAINER
05-03-2006, 06:27 PM
Thank you for the scoop Matt ! :D !!

Many promising products !
No problem.

Indeed. I hope you guys like them!

storm shadow
05-03-2006, 06:32 PM
Indeed

Oak the Toke
05-03-2006, 06:33 PM
What's this Met-Rx? Are they a new company? :confused:

J/JK man. :D
The new product line looks both extensive and appealing. Really nice to see Met-Rx diversify their product line a bit. Quite a line up, that's more product's than some company's entire line. Now all Met-rx needs to do next is endorse you as a sponsored athlete. ;)

Look forward to seeing more information on these products as they come closer to release.

agreed........and yummy i hope too, particularly the grape.

and the Hi-Test Liquid Amino as well.

Coulaid
05-03-2006, 06:36 PM
Can't wait to try out the new supplements!

Krzna
05-03-2006, 06:44 PM
samples babaay ...

where is my free stuff :D

good luck guys ... interesting stuff

pharm
05-03-2006, 06:49 PM
sounds Xtremely hardcore.

MCWTRAINER
05-03-2006, 06:53 PM
Now all Met-rx needs to do next is endorse you as a sponsored athlete. ;)
Now we're talking!!! :)

MCWTRAINER
05-03-2006, 06:54 PM
samples babaay ...

where is my free stuff :D

good luck guys ... interesting stuff
I am hoping to have testers in the near future... :)

Glad to see you're still around boss!

Krzna
05-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Now we're talking!!! :)
with those lifts i dont see why not!

MCWTRAINER
05-03-2006, 06:57 PM
with those lifts i dont see why not!
Now you're just being down right mean... :(

cervasa1977
05-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Great new line alot of the new items seems very appealing to try.... good job!

CanadaBBOY
05-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Nice, and good luck with the new lineup.

Doesn't really mean much until the ingredients are revealed though, but it looks to be very nice!

Mr. Aries
05-03-2006, 07:36 PM
i always love trying new protein!!!!!!!!!!!

Anssi Manninen
05-04-2006, 02:16 AM
Let me email Dana. I will hopefully have your answer tomorrow, I doubt she is still in the office. Sorry, I'm not much help right now, that is all the information they gave me. The planning of me telling you all about the new products is a little premature. I got excited when I they said I could tell you guys... ;)

Thanks, dude. :) Perhaps we (ie MD) will review some new MET-Rx product in the near future..

LatissimusDorsi
05-04-2006, 02:19 AM
Innovative :rolleyes:

Phosphate bond
05-04-2006, 02:23 AM
I always like the Anabolic drive series MRP. My favorite of all time despite the fact that the white box drink mix tasted better.

The new stuff looks good too. Will be nice to see the final specs on some of these new combo products also.

Anssi Manninen
05-04-2006, 02:44 AM

Btw, make sure that Dana babe sends me a truckload of free samples(especially high-protein bars) :)

Sixpack
05-04-2006, 04:02 AM
Great job Matt they all look good . Any ideas on the flavor of the proteins available?
Thanks

ROBOLEG
05-04-2006, 04:31 AM
Don't know about the protein but I used to work at holland and barrett part time not too long ago and I know their sports supplement line pretty much inside out (holland and barrett own gnc by the way and share alot of the same products just with different labels and different colour packaging).
I might be upsetting some people when I say this but all of the above mentioned products are nothing new as far as I'm concerned because they are identical exact carbon copies of gnc/holland and barrett products (bodyfortress is what they call their sports supplement line).
I've seen alot of these products months ago and they all come from the same factory (apart from the protein drinks and bars as far as I know, although I think the supreme whey does but I'd have to see the packaging to remind me) when we ran out of bodyfortress NOS (time released l-argininie supplement) from the same factory we got a batch of met-rx NOS in the exact same bottle just different colours and different label design, and the same applies to all the products you described as being new. and as for the creatine supplement creatine blast rtc, I'm betting its exactly the same packaging indgredient profile as bodyfortress high performance creatine in exactly the same container I can see already that it comes in exactly the same flavours in exactly the same quantities; now my memories not fantastic but I vaguely remember the indgredient profile to be creatine mono, dextrose, sodium and pottasium, magnesium and phosphorus and possibly vitamin c am I close to the mark MCWTRAINER ?, please note however I'm not saying these are bad products just not new products in any sense of the word.

Blap Blaow
05-04-2006, 04:34 AM
Don't know about the protein but I used to work at holland and barrett part time not too long ago and I know their sports supplement line pretty much inside out (holland and barrett own gnc by the way and share alot of the same products just with different labels and different colour packaging).
I might be upsetting some people when I say this but all of the above mentioned products are nothing new as far as I'm concerned because they are identical exact carbon copies of gnc/holland and barrett products (bodyfortress is what they call their sports supplement line).
I've seen alot of these products months ago and they all come from the same factory (apart from the protein drinks and bars as far as I know, although I think the supreme whey does but I'd have to see the packaging to remind me) when we ran out of bodyfortress NOS (time released l-argininie supplement) from the same factory we got a batch of met-rx NOS in the exact same bottle just different colours and different label design, and the same applies to all the products you described as being new. and as for the creatine supplement creatine blast rtc, I'm betting its exactly the same packaging indgredient profile as bodyfortress high performance creatine in exactly the same container I can see already that it comes in exactly the same flavours in exactly the same quantities; now my memories not fantastic but I vaguely remember the indgredient profile to be creatine mono, dextrose, sodium and pottasium, magnesium and phosphorus and possibly vitamin c am I close to the mark MCWTRAINER ?, please note however I'm not saying these are bad products just not new products in any sense of the word.

you're Britsh, arn't you?

RB12
05-04-2006, 04:42 AM
geez, that is one hell of a launch! Good for Met-RX, congrats

pharm
05-04-2006, 04:49 AM

interesting....thanks.

i don't see how these are at all "innovative" or want to make me purchase these "new" products. Sounds like I could go to Wal Mart and get the same stuff.
Real HARDCORE! real XTREME!

Ephedra
05-04-2006, 05:11 AM
MET-Rx has always been top-notch and a trusted company in my mind. It's an old school company and I used to monch down the bars like crazy. Looks like you'll have a lot of repping to do in the future with all these new products. Good luck with that.

Btw, why is this thread only rated a 3.00 with 2 votes? Maybe my vote will help a tad ;) .

MCWTRAINER
05-04-2006, 06:01 AM
Thanks, dude. :) Perhaps we (ie MD) will review some new MET-Rx product in the near future..
That would be very cool. Keep me posted AM.

MCWTRAINER
05-04-2006, 06:04 AM
Great job Matt they all look good . Any ideas on the flavor of the proteins available?
Thanks
They are still the Vanilla and Chocolate.

MCWTRAINER
05-04-2006, 06:07 AM
interesting....thanks.

i don't see how these are at all "innovative" or want to make me purchase these "new" products. Sounds like I could go to Wal Mart and get the same stuff.
Sorry you feel that way. Have fun shopping at Wal-Mart. ;)

Anssi Manninen
05-04-2006, 06:35 AM
That would be very cool. Keep me posted AM.

Ok..

MCWTRAINER
05-04-2006, 07:37 AM
Attached is the product label for the liquid amino...

Anssi Manninen
05-04-2006, 07:41 AM
Thanks.. hydrolyzed gelatine..?!?

MAK69
05-04-2006, 07:55 AM
About time Metrx came out with some new products, always been my favorite brand and Ive been waiting for this since Amped first released.Anyway glad to be back around MC been awhile, if you need a tester let me know, Ill be more than willing!

RobW
05-04-2006, 08:17 AM
Thanks.. hydrolyzed gelatine..?!?

Yes, but the benefit is that, if you live in a cold country and the Gelatine freezes your muscles get REALLY hard :D

UberBerzerker
05-04-2006, 09:23 AM

Yeah, I was hoping to try these products out - but I'm neither HARDCORE nor XTREME...so I'm not sure I can handle anything in this new line-up .;)

pharm
05-04-2006, 09:23 AM
About time Metrx came out with some new products, always been my favorite brand ...if you need a tester let me know, Ill be more than willing!

The question is, are they new, or is what ROBOLEG said true?
Is Met-Rx just repackaging and re-labelling these products? Just curious.....

pharm
05-04-2006, 09:25 AM
Yeah, I was hoping to try these products out - but I'm neither HARDCORE nor XTREME...so I'm not sure I can handle anything in this new line-up .;)

That HARDCORE Glutamine, XTREME CLA, and HARDCORE creatine sound awfully exciting. :)

Can't wait to see those tester logs.

UberBerzerker
05-04-2006, 09:31 AM
That HARDCORE Glutamine, XTREME CLA, and HARDCORE creatine sound awfully exciting. :)

Can't wait to see those tester logs.

they should consult a HARDCORE physician before beginning such a HARDCORE stack of XTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME proportions!! :D

I can picture it now. Noobs everywhere asking: Can I stack 2 HARDCORES with 1 XTREME? will it fry my liver?!? :p

ok, ok, Metrx, I'm done with my HARDCORE XTREME joking around :D:D

Krzna
05-04-2006, 10:10 AM
Now you're just being down right mean... :(
dude ... am serious man, u have done a good job with ur physique!

Baby Huey
05-04-2006, 10:10 AM
Boring and unimaginative.

100% pure creatine monohydrate. L-Glutamine. Whey protein. Whoopee.

Met-rx is living off it's reputation created years ago. This is the best they could come up with?

TheNewestGuy
05-04-2006, 10:22 AM
This stuff looks fine, but I gotta say their Big 100 bars have gone from edible (even tasty) products to mushy, stick, gummy and disgusting. I don't know who was in charge of that change but I hope they're working elsewhere now.

MCWTRAINER
05-04-2006, 11:03 AM
dude ... am serious man, u have done a good job with ur physique!
Thanks man.

MCWTRAINER
05-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Boring and unimaginative.

100% pure creatine monohydrate. L-Glutamine. Whey protein. Whoopee.

Met-rx is living off it's reputation created years ago. This is the best they could come up with?
This is just the tip of the iceberg... There is much more in the making.

If you took the time to read into the new Hi-Test Liquid Amino, you would clearly see that this is something new. We also have a new creatine, a new weight management product, a new energy product... the list goes on. You have a right to your opinion, no one is forcing you to purchase these products.

MCWTRAINER
05-04-2006, 11:12 AM
This stuff looks fine, but I gotta say their Big 100 bars have gone from edible (even tasty) products to mushy, stick, gummy and disgusting. I don't know who was in charge of that change but I hope they're working elsewhere now.
Hmmmm. I haven't noticed a difference...

MCWTRAINER
05-04-2006, 11:18 AM
We are building a base business and will be introducing new, innovative products over the next six months. Our goal was to launch quality, affordable, core products and build a platform for new, innovative products in the near future.

ddawg91
05-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Look forward to the liquid aminos, congrats on the new products!

RichardRussell
05-04-2006, 11:59 AM
Did somebody say "samples" :grin:

I'm down to two Ultramyosyn tubs, one big-ass tub of MRP Vanilla, 6 servings in the chocolate, all those boxes of Berry Blast (6 1/2 left! I can feed the neighborhood all summer!), a few chocolate MRP packets, and two trays of RTD... and whatever else I scooped on sale.

Def interested in the new whey when available as well as the liquid aminos. The VM Precision Engineered tastes more like ass than wild cherry.

Anssi Manninen
05-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Gelatin hydrolysate has a BV of ZERO. Even textbooks tell us that fact. However, it is the cheapest protein hydro on this planet.

"Gelatine usually forms a small part of any foodstuff (2 to 6 %) and hence its nutritional value is seldom considered important. As a protein, it is deficient in tryptophan, which is one of the nine essential amino acids. As a result, gelatine has no Biological Value! However, gelatine is seldom consumed in isolation or as a sole source of protein in the diet, so in a mixed diet gelatine has the advantage of meat products, of being high in the essential amino acid lysine. Thus, it can be considered a valuable compliment to any largely vegetable diet. Also, it has been shown to enhance the protein nutritional value of bread... Then again it has been known from double-blind studies that taking gelatine can alleviate the pain and inflamation caused by arthritis."

ROBOLEG
05-04-2006, 01:57 PM
everything I have said is true just go into any holland and barrett shop then go into gnc and compare body fortress products to the met-rx products or just look on the holland and barrett website I'm an ex holland and barrett employee (holland and barrett own gnc by the way) I have no reason to lie about this like I said aside from the protein products which I happen to think are rather good the other stuff is just bodyfortress rip offs that have been around for ages and yes I am british A Londoner born and bred mate I'm from Ilford by the way on the borders of east london

MAK69
05-04-2006, 02:16 PM
i doubt it, highly doubt in a matter of fact, in my opinion met-rx is the most stand up supplement company out of them all, now lets not talk about muscletech

ROBOLEG
05-04-2006, 02:31 PM
http://www.gnc.co.uk/pages/product_Details.asp?xs=67764EC337DA4B16BBBF6EE12B2 4B4FA&ProductNumber=035524

^ bodyfortress NOS

http://www.musclefinesse.com/met-rx-nos.asp

met-rx NOS^ thats just one example do I really have to provide more or are some people going to do there own research ? don't take my word for it by all means. By the way I am not putting down met-rx as a company at all products like their amped and metamyosyn protein are pretty unique and good quality products however the line that has just been mentioned like I said is not unique at all and just rebranded bodyfortress/precision engineered whatever they are deciding to call it now holland and barrett/gnc products clearly they didn't want to put the same effort into these products as they have with their protein and pre workout products

MCWTRAINER
05-04-2006, 03:08 PM
Attached is some information on the new weight management product called Thermo Slim.

Anssi Manninen
05-04-2006, 04:09 PM
This a decent fat loss supp.

Blap Blaow
05-04-2006, 04:19 PM
...I am british A Londoner born and bred mate I'm from Ilford by the way on the borders of east london
Cool, I'm from South London. And I had no idea GNC and H&B were related.

Lonny
05-04-2006, 04:40 PM
This a decent fat loss supp.

I've never understood the need for companies to use multiple forms of caffeine.

I gotta say, im a bit underwhelmed. Renaming a product to sound cutting edge does not a cutting edge product make.

cakedonkey
05-04-2006, 04:47 PM
I've never understood the need for companies to use multiple forms of caffeine.

I gotta say, im a bit underwhelmed. Renaming a product to sound cutting edge does not a cutting edge product make.

Same here, Lonny.

I'm also not sure how much scientific backing HCA and chromium have in regards to fat-loss.

The rest of the stuff... well... it's been said. It's very plain and uninnovative. And that is said with all due respect to MCW and Met-RX. And, as Anssi already pointed out, gelatin protein is completely worthless... it [gelatin] and collagen have a BV of 0. The creatine product sounds like a creatine/sugar blend a la Cell-Tech. As for the glutamine, creatine mono., whey, etc.--what company doesn't already offer that?

I understand the idea of Met-RX is "foundation" products that work, but I am just not seeing much innovation here whatsoever...

MikeMMA
05-04-2006, 05:23 PM
http://www.gnc.co.uk/pages/product_Details.asp?xs=67764EC337DA4B16BBBF6EE12B2 4B4FA&ProductNumber=035524

^ bodyfortress NOS

http://www.musclefinesse.com/met-rx-nos.asp

met-rx NOS^ thats just one example do I really have to provide more or are some people going to do there own research ? don't take my word for it by all means. By the way I am not putting down met-rx as a company at all products like their amped and metamyosyn protein are pretty unique and good quality products however the line that has just been mentioned like I said is not unique at all and just rebranded bodyfortress/precision engineered whatever they are deciding to call it now holland and barrett/gnc products clearly they didn't want to put the same effort into these products as they have with their protein and pre workout products

Intresting , id like to see some explainations from board reps or the company itself , not just some "guy who thinks he knows".

Whats your take on this ^^^ ?

jaydawg21
05-04-2006, 08:56 PM
lets just say i can't wait til the new drinks come in. can't say too much since anything said about the company somehow gets back to people, lurkers i guess. i think they had a good idea with this "commodity line", but not sure about the way they are gettin it out there. couple serious drinks in the pipeline though. lets pray since some people actually make a living sellin their products. take no offense whoever reads this, lets just kill it with the drinks. guys check your coolers at the gyms in the months coming, should be interesting.

MCWTRAINER
05-26-2006, 12:35 PM
Hey everyone... Just an FYI, MORE MET-Rx products have been launched. Yes, that's right! Even more products than I mentioned in this thread. You can view them all at www.metrx.com. Check them out! :)

weightsanyway
05-26-2006, 01:33 PM
I don't get it.

I just looked at the site and saw the nutrition facts for the creatine product. Xtreme creatine blast = cell tech essentially. Why is this considered new and innovative????

Met-RX is still a far cry from where it was 10 years ago. I hope everyone realizes that after Scott Connelly left, the company put (and still puts, evidently) very little into R&D. They go after corp. sponsorship and advertising revenues (think world's strongest man), to keep their parent company happy --- the supplements they put out are an afterthought at best. There's a former VP that worked along side Dr. Connelly that still posts on another board so this info is accurate, take it or leave it. I thought they were moving in the right direction again with the NO xplode knock-off, but its pretty glaringly obvious that they went after mainstream products here that can be developed and manufactured for dirt cheap....

jdiritto
05-26-2006, 01:37 PM
whys everything have to be hardcore? i mean, i dont think many females are gonna buy these.. you might want to make a softcare version, which is the exact same but comes in a pink bottle. seperate the men from the girls

and when will bb.com get the full product line up? right now they only have a few of met-rx items up

Baby Huey
05-26-2006, 01:38 PM
I don't get it.

I just looked at the site and saw the nutrition facts for the creatine product. Xtreme creatine blast = cell tech essentially. Why is this considered new and innovative????

Met-RX is still a far cry from where it was 10 years ago. I hope everyone realizes that after Scott Connelly left, the company put (and still puts, evidently) very little into R&D. They go after corp. sponsorship and advertising revenues (think world's strongest man), to keep their parent company happy --- the supplements they put out are an afterthought at best. There's a former VP that worked along side Dr. Connelly that still posts on another board so this info is accurate, take it or leave it. I thought they were moving in the right direction again with the NO xplode knock-off, but its pretty glaringly obvious that they went after mainstream products here that can be developed and manufactured for dirt cheap....

You hit the nail right on the head. This lineup of "new" products is an absolute joke. Met-rx is officially in the toilet.

Anssi Manninen
05-26-2006, 01:39 PM
Hey everyone... Just an FYI, MORE MET-Rx products have been launched. Yes, that's right! Even more products than I mentioned in this thread. You can view them all at www.metrx.com. Check them out! :)

Thanks for info, dude.

andymuscle88
05-26-2006, 01:40 PM
I guess this is proof that adding Xtreme to your product title is the trend for attracting the money of mindless idiots. Sounds like decent products, but I wonder about the prices.

weightsanyway
05-26-2006, 01:44 PM
That's the irony of it - they are actually doing so-so as a company overall. I don't dislike Met-Rx, but I understand when a company's that large, devoting X amount of dollars to developing something truly innovative for the few thousand people who will pre-order or buy it on launch day just doesn't make sense. Its the same reason the smaller companies manage to stay afloat with the kick-@ss products but probably don't take home a 5 figure paycheck every other week....

And just for the record, I was one of their biggest fans, some of the best gains of my life happened using a double dose of the original MRP as my post-workout shake. It took me an hour to drink it, but it worked like a champ! :)

Coulaid
05-26-2006, 02:13 PM
whys everything have to be hardcore? i mean, i dont think many females are gonna buy these.. you might want to make a softcare version, which is the exact same but comes in a pink bottle. seperate the men from the girls

and when will bb.com get the full product line up? right now they only have a few of met-rx items up

I don't think females are the dominate market for most supplements. I think it's a male between 18-25 years old. You must take care of your core custemers.

MCWTRAINER
05-26-2006, 02:14 PM
You hit the nail right on the head. This lineup of "new" products is an absolute joke. Met-rx is officially in the toilet.
I love how people bash products when they haven't even tried them. It makes for a funny post. When you actually try the products and you have first hand proof of your claims, then come back and post. Until then, have a good day.

If MET-Rx would have some outragous and overhyped claims they would be just like majority of the companies out there. And I think you all know exactly the companies I am talking about... 400000% increase in strength in just one use. Give me a break.

MCWTRAINER
05-26-2006, 02:17 PM
I don't think females are the dominate market for most supplements. I think it's a male between 18-25 years old. You must take care of your core custemers.
Exactly. ALL of the products can be used by males or females. I'm sure the new line of weight management products would work wonders for everyone, especially women. It would be nice to see some people's feedback after trying the products.

Robboe
05-27-2006, 10:30 AM
They're not dropping Protein Plus are they?

I sometimes use it. Great stuff.

Dimitar
05-27-2006, 10:32 AM

How thick is it?

Robboe
05-27-2006, 10:35 AM
Depends how much water i was to use. :)

Generally though, it is maybe a little thicker than milk. Doesn't coat the inside of my shaker too badly.

Dimitar
05-27-2006, 10:38 AM
That does not sound bad at all, I may gve it a try once the 1lb jugs hit the retailers' shelves.

Mr. Aries
05-27-2006, 10:51 AM
nice list of new products mcw... how does the protein taste?

Sixpack
05-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Any samples of the new protein we can order?

Dimitar
05-27-2006, 12:11 PM
Also, does the new Protein Plus feature MPI and WPI instead of MPC and WPC repsectively. I remember reading that the new label is not on the website yet.

Work
05-28-2006, 12:10 AM
I've gone back to using the Orginal MetRX MRP's the last 2 months and I love them. I am getting the same great results I haven't gotten since I went to whey several years ago. The protein mix IMO is much better than a straight whey. I've lost 30 pounds, feel and look better than I have in 3 years.
**** straight whey, I don't even use it anymore. It just makes me fat with a bloated stomach, even the isolates.
Why am I posting this? The fear that you will abandon the Original MRP formula to be cool and try to compete with all the other garbage out there. You guys did this several years ago, don't do it again. Just my two cents, now good luck.

Serpens Aeon
05-28-2006, 12:33 AM
I love how people bash products when they haven't even tried them. It makes for a funny post. When you actually try the products and you have first hand proof of your claims, then come back and post. Until then, have a good day.

That's not the point. Met-RXs marketing strategy does not coincide with the product. What's so "Xtreme" and "Hardcore" about creatine monohydrate plus high-gi carbs or gelatin based protein? These have been around for years. Many people have already essentially tried these products because, unless the label claims are incorrect, these are essentially re-hashes or as you have said, foundational products that have been around for years. It's insulting to my intelligence to market creatine monohydrate as being XTREME HARDCORE, et cetera.

And about your don't bash it till you try it argument... Do I really need to eat feces to know they're probably going to taste repulsive? The same logic applies. I don't need to try these products because to tell you they're mediocre because I've tried them before when they were marketed under different names by different companies.

I suspect people find this laughable because of the marketing as opposed to the products themselves. All these products do is essentially further bloat an already bloated industry of XTREME MEDIOCRITY. Had Met-Rx actually labeled their new foundation line of products as "Met-Rx's Foundation Series" or something, I'm positive people would be far more receptive or sarcastic.

If MET-Rx would have some outragous and overhyped claims they would be just like majority of the companies out there. And I think you all know exactly the companies I am talking about... 400000% increase in strength in just one use. Give me a break.

And attaching the words XTREME or HARDCORE don't imply the same meaning? Qualitatively, the "+1700% more effective" and "XTREME-HARDCORE" labels are informational embellishment in this context, and imply the same, base, meaning in the head of the consumer. Do you guys have any idea how many poor teens your duping out of allowance and lunch money so they can buy some HARDCORE L-GLUTAMINE??!??!?!

I think you guys have probably got some solid products going. Creatine mono has been proven effective. You've had a history of some great protein suppelements. My only beef is that Met-Rx play the XTREME HARDCORE ULTRA MEGA game. It lacks credibility, and to the consumer with more than two neurons to rub together, is at the very least moderately irritating. Some might even say it's unethical... But we can parse philosophy later.

MCWTRAINER
05-28-2006, 06:17 AM

Nope, they still have it. :)

MCWTRAINER
05-28-2006, 06:20 AM
nice list of new products mcw... how does the protein taste?
It tastes good. I am personally hoping that they come out with some new flavors for those who get sick of van/choc all the time. It's nice to have a change. I'm assuming more flavors are on the way, similar to how they added Berry Blast to the MRP line. I still love the Extreme Chocolate MRP though, those are like a freakin treat!

MCWTRAINER
05-28-2006, 06:22 AM
Any samples of the new protein we can order?
I know they are working on getting some samples together of the new stuff...

MCWTRAINER
05-28-2006, 06:27 AM
I've gone back to using the Orginal MetRX MRP's the last 2 months and I love them. I am getting the same great results I haven't gotten since I went to whey several years ago. The protein mix IMO is much better than a straight whey. I've lost 30 pounds, feel and look better than I have in 3 years.
**** straight whey, I don't even use it anymore. It just makes me fat with a bloated stomach, even the isolates.
Why am I posting this? The fear that you will abandon the Original MRP formula to be cool and try to compete with all the other garbage out there. You guys did this several years ago, don't do it again. Just my two cents, now good luck.
Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated. Glad you have had great success with the MRP's. Congrat's on losing 30 pounds, that's quite an accomplishment. No worries, the MRP's aren't changing... :)

Robboe
05-28-2006, 07:46 AM
It tastes good. I am personally hoping that they come out with some new flavors for those who get sick of van/choc all the time. It's nice to have a change. I'm assuming more flavors are on the way, similar to how they added Berry Blast to the MRP line. I still love the Extreme Chocolate MRP though, those are like a freakin treat!

The Vanilla Protein Plus is pure creamy heaven. It is like there is a party in my mouth and everyone's invited.

MCWTRAINER
05-28-2006, 07:56 AM
The Vanilla Protein Plus is pure creamy heaven. It is like there is a party in my mouth and everyone's invited.
HAHA! I like that testimonial, lol. Thanks man! :D

Anssi Manninen
05-28-2006, 09:14 AM
HAHHAH! :D

Robboe, perhaps you should try to sell that statement to MET-Rx.. :)

MCWTRAINER
05-28-2006, 09:15 AM

Just don't tell Mike that you did it, Robboe. He already doesn't like me...

Robboe
05-28-2006, 09:48 AM

If they want to keep my oral party going, they can feel free!

Robboe
05-28-2006, 09:49 AM
If they want to keep my oral party going, they can feel free!

Hmmm...That sounds so wrong. Didn't come off like that in my head.

ricko1
04-15-2007, 05:57 PM
I have MET-Rx® Xtreme Creatine Blast RTC i havent noticed any difference how long are you supposed to take creatine, is there different dosages for body weights or i just follow the label directions becouse i read that the dosage for creatine is 2000 mg but on label supposed to take 2 servings each has about 5g and when i mix the powder in water it doesnt mix well settling occurs

KingAlbert
07-03-2007, 08:23 AM
Met-Rx Xtreme Size Up im thinking about using this stuff 59g protien 3g creatine 3g glumatine and other hydrates . . . do you guys think this will have me ****ting alot and passin gas all day because i go 2 school and i dont want this too happen lol but has any one tryed this product ??

valier
03-10-2009, 03:37 AM
Attached is some information on the new weight management product called Thermo Slim.

Your posts intrigue. You speak as if your the ceo of metrx. Bu at the same time u put a disclaimer at the bottom saying your views dont reflect those of metrx as a company. What exactly is it you do at metrx. cos we dont know if your the bell boy, the post office boy, or what?

valier
03-10-2009, 03:40 AM
metrx proteins are starting to look a little outdated even tho you know the meal replacements work and were the origionals that everyone else has followd and to some extents exceeded.

But flavour wise they lost their way in the early 2000's. Why did they decide to change the great tasting berry blast of 2000-2003 with the "new improved flavour" which tastes and smells like a rabbits arsehole?
Also what happened to peanut butter flavour?

MCWTRAINER
03-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Your posts intrigue. You speak as if your the ceo of metrx. Bu at the same time u put a disclaimer at the bottom saying your views dont reflect those of metrx as a company. What exactly is it you do at metrx. cos we dont know if your the bell boy, the post office boy, or what?
I am a regional manager for MET-Rx and Worldwide Nutrition. ALL board reps whether they work for the company or not put a disclaimer in their signatures.

metrx proteins are starting to look a little outdated even tho you know the meal replacements work and were the origionals that everyone else has followd and to some extents exceeded.

But flavour wise they lost their way in the early 2000's. Why did they decide to change the great tasting berry blast of 2000-2003 with the "new improved flavour" which tastes and smells like a rabbits arsehole?
Also what happened to peanut butter flavour?
Sorry you feel that way. Our sales on ALL our products are doing just fine. I appreciate your feedback. However, based on other peoples views, our products taste great and they continue to purchase them. Last time I checked, we didn't use supplements because they smell good. The berry smells like berry. But thanks for your opinion.

Any reason you're in the red?? ;)

valier
03-13-2009, 11:02 AM
I am a regional manager for MET-Rx and Worldwide Nutrition. ALL board reps whether they work for the company or not put a disclaimer in their signatures.

Sorry you feel that way. Our sales on ALL our products are doing just fine. I appreciate your feedback. However, based on other peoples views, our products taste great and they continue to purchase them. Last time I checked, we didn't use supplements because they smell good. The berry smells like berry. But thanks for your opinion.

Any reason you're in the red?? ;)

Thanks for clearing that up and no offence intended.Perhaps i was a little rowdy in my earlier post.
But I still maintain the smell of berry blast is off putting especially since its earlier incarnation tasted and yes smelt great. At the end of the day I think we have moved on from the days when protein shakes were something u washed down as fast as u could. These days the more sophisticated consumer expects taste as well as efectiveness hence the success of brands like BSN, PHD , CNP,and maximuscle.
I still think its time Metrx updated their product line and that your in denial. Your market share has been severerely cut. And I would tell u Ive been buying metrx since it first came out in england in 1995-6 In the 90's it was the only product i bought so i think u should be more proffesional and respect my opinion. If I wanted to I could get a petition of 150 people in my gym , guys Ive grown up in training with who could also tell u they dont rate Metrx products anymore.

PS: im in the re cos i only joined 2 weeks ago.

njmuscle66
03-13-2009, 11:27 AM
If I wanted to I could get a petition of 150 people in my gym , guys Ive grown up in training with who could also tell u they dont rate Metrx products anymore.

I have used Met-rx since it came in two seperate cotainers (Base and Plus).........I had been using the Plaumbo diet for quite some time and got away from the MRP's but just started with the Met-rx again. I have tired all the leading ones and Met-rx remains my favorite. Especially good mixed as a pudding :)

I know this is an old thread but just wanted to put my 2 cents in

MCWTRAINER
03-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Thanks for clearing that up and no offence intended.Perhaps i was a little rowdy in my earlier post.
But I still maintain the smell of berry blast is off putting especially since its earlier incarnation tasted and yes smelt great. At the end of the day I think we have moved on from the days when protein shakes were something u washed down as fast as u could. These days the more sophisticated consumer expects taste as well as efectiveness hence the success of brands like BSN, PHD , CNP,and maximuscle.
I still think its time Metrx updated their product line and that your in denial. Your market share has been severerely cut. And I would tell u Ive been buying metrx since it first came out in england in 1995-6 In the 90's it was the only product i bought so i think u should be more proffesional and respect my opinion. If I wanted to I could get a petition of 150 people in my gym , guys Ive grown up in training with who could also tell u they dont rate Metrx products anymore.

I did not say that I didn't respect your opinion. In fact, I said thank you for your opinion. So you questioning my professionalism does not hold. Everyone has an opinion on taste, and I have found majority of the people saying they like the taste. I'm sorry you don't care for it. I appreciate your feedback. However, I find it funny that some of the companies you mentioned you think are successful. They are successful due to outlandish marketing that cannot be backed by scientific proof. I challenge any company to have an independent company come in and prove that their product increases test levels by the insane amount they claim. Their claims would not hold up. If people believe that nonsense they are just wasting their money.

I have used Met-rx since it came in two seperate cotainers (Base and Plus).........I had been using the Plaumbo diet for quite some time and got away from the MRP's but just started with the Met-rx again. I have tired all the leading ones and Met-rx remains my favorite. Especially good mixed as a pudding :)

I know this is an old thread but just wanted to put my 2 cents in
Thanks for the feedback, Chuck. Glad you enjoy our MRP!

Met-Rx is definitely a reputable and trustable company and am interested to see, with its resources, how big it can become...though I must say -- I lol'd at this:
HARDCORE LABORATORY TESTED!?
We are already one of the largest supplement companies in the world. :)

It's hardcore laboratory tested because we have MMA fighting in our lab with our scientists. Last man standing gets to create the next product. ;)

blumnblam
03-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Met-Rx is definitely a reputable and trustable company and am interested to see, with its resources, how big it can become...though I must say -- I lol'd at this:

MET-Rx® Hardcore Tribulus Terrestris
-Standardized for 40% Saponins

Tribulus Terrestris is a traditional Ayurvedic herb used for centuries in Indian culture. Popular among bodybuilders, MET-Rx Hardcore Tribulus Terrestris is the perfect complement to your hardcore training regimen.

· Standardized for 40% saponins per serving to ensure you receive the active components.
· Hardcore Laboratory Tested
HARDCORE LABORATORY TESTED!?

We are already one of the largest supplement companies in the world. :)

It's hardcore laboratory tested because we have MMA fighting in our lab with our scientists. Last man standing gets to create the next product. ;)
Oh, yeah I wouldn't disagree. That's why when I was saying "with its resources"... I was talking about taking over the world.

MCWTRAINER
03-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Oh, yeah I wouldn't disagree. That's why when I was saying "with its resources"... I was talking about taking over the world.

Total world domination... I like the sound of that. ;)

valier
03-26-2009, 08:38 AM
I did not say that I didn't respect your opinion. In fact, I said thank you for your opinion. So you questioning my professionalism does not hold. Everyone has an opinion on taste, and I have found majority of the people saying they like the taste. I'm sorry you don't care for it. I appreciate your feedback. However, I find it funny that some of the companies you mentioned you think are successful. They are successful due to outlandish marketing that cannot be backed by scientific proof. I challenge any company to have an independent company come in and prove that their product increases test levels by the insane amount they claim. Their claims would not hold up. If people believe that nonsense they are just wasting their money.

. ;)

er excuse me, you werent disrespectful to my opinion? so what was the little jibe in your origional post than about "any reason your in the red" and " as far as I know people dont buy protein powders cos they smell great". Those kind of remarks are hardly proffesional and as a guy selling food you seem blisfully unaware that smell is a major part of taste and these days consumers expect the whole package, taste, scientific back up, and price and qty.

Your putting down those specific other companies I mentioned instead of being open minded about any critisicm from consumers about the brand you claim to represent doesnt do you any favours at all. I mentioned those brands as opposed to any old company for a reason.

Maximuscle and PHD have science behind them and the bottom line is I can say as someone who lifts weights theyre products work.
I have made terrific gains in muscle mass and power using those products recently. The same as I did with metrx in the mid to late 90's.

When Metrx emerged in the mid 90's here in the UK it was light years ahead in terms of taste, effectiveness and honesty as a brand than the junk weider and the others ripped people off with. So what im saying is you have a right to say metrx led the way in adopting the scientific approach I agree with that but u cant dismiss people like maximuscle, PHD and CNP. Those guys are tremedously good european brands.

BB2K
03-26-2009, 09:47 AM
MetRX is the bomb... PERIOD. Their products work great and taste great. I have never smelled a rabbits arsehole so i couldnt compare the smell of MetRX whey to it. :)

get me my pancake mix right meow!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/met/proteinpancakemix.html

The Solution
03-26-2009, 10:27 AM
Gonna be digging into some PB Cup whey tomorrow! cant wait!

njmuscle66
03-26-2009, 10:57 AM
MetRX is the bomb... PERIOD. Their products work great and taste great. I have never smelled a rabbits arsehole so i couldnt compare the smell of MetRX whey to it. :)

I just picked up 20 boxes so obviously I am quite a met-rx fan boy :)
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w79/njmuscle66/IMG00015.jpg

BB2K
03-26-2009, 12:30 PM

oh... i do take donations from BB.com members as well. lol

MCWTRAINER
03-29-2009, 07:03 AM

They were flying at the Arnold. It was insane! We got awesome feedback from them.

Gonna be digging into some PB Cup whey tomorrow! cant wait!
Thanks man!

New Formula White Box FTW!!!