PDA

View Full Version : I'm a campus kid, please help

StockTeg
12-06-2002, 12:05 AM
Ok, I'm a freshman at Oregon State University, and as we may have all heard, the dreaded "freshman 15" is upon me. I can already tell I've gained weight, and I tell myself everyday I'm going to eat better, but rarely do I hold to that because of the lack of nutrional foods at campus dining centers. The healthiest thing I eat usually are salads.

Frankly, I need suggestions of healthy foods I can eat to help me get back into shape and lose the weight I've gained since getting here. Usually I eat turkey sandwitches, but since I'm not very knowledgable on nutrion, I don't know whether its a better alternative to a burger, or I'm just hurting myself without knowing.

Please help, and thank you.

PS- I'm 6'4" and around 230

hreid
12-06-2002, 03:52 AM
With the turkey sandwich watch what is on it. No mayo, use wheat bread.

rottie
12-06-2002, 04:53 AM
if you are eating sandwiches alot then your gonna have problems. two slices of whole wheat bread is 250 calories. JUST the bread. stick with salads, turkey is good but eat it with salad. I am assuming you eat at the school cafeteria alot, there is a guy at the local university here that has a meal ticket for his cafeteria, and he got to know the staff there. He is a very healthy eater, and in very good shape, they have a dozen hard boiled eggs waiting for him every morning, and other meals they prepare on a low carb level just for him. They dont mind doing this for him. just means they set stuff aside when they are preparing it.

Mibaile5
12-06-2002, 08:25 PM
Two slices of whole wheat bread is 250 calores....woah....
Not from where I buy my bread, its more like 70-80 cals a slice for me. Hmm..