PDA

View Full Version : Lean Cuisine?

MegaMan7
04-29-2006, 08:34 AM
I've got a quick question. When I first started my cut down from 260 four years ago, I was very naive about nutrition being only 13 years old, but the plan that I used worked for me. I would eat corn flakes with 2% milk for breakfast, whatever was at school for lunch, and a Lean Cuisine/Healthy Choice type meal for dinner. My question pertains to the Lean Cuisine meals. I'm wanting to add a little variety to my diet and I was checking out the nutrition information on those and realized that they've got a pretty good balance of macronutrients (well some of them do anyway). Would anyone recommend using one of those to replace maybe a mid-afternoon snack?

msundi83
04-29-2006, 08:40 AM
No, they are crap. Even if somehow they made the macros tolerable, the sodium and processing done to that "food" is a crime. IMO, staying away as to anyone's advantage, but in reality if the meal fits into your daily caloric needs you won't suddenly get enormously fat. Try to eat clean at all costs and stay away from em if you can. Peace and good luck.

MegaMan7
04-29-2006, 08:43 AM
Appreciate it man. I was just getting curious about it because I saw good results last time I was eating them. I'll take your advice though and stay away from them.

msundi83
04-29-2006, 08:55 AM
yeah, you can see good results definately. you'll probably see better results IMO eating something else instead...something clean. peace.

spytech
04-29-2006, 01:15 PM
LeanCuisine meals are not going to kill you. If you enjoy them, and you are still meeting your cutting goals, then why worry about it. I have a handful of the LC meals a week and I am cutting - currently at 210lbs with sub 7%bf (9site caliper test), no problems with them here. You just won't see me having 8 of them at a time, though.

Suprcharg
04-29-2006, 05:09 PM
I often don't have a chance to cook, so the Lean quisine/Healthy choice meals are waaaay better than hitting up a fast food joint on the way...I love em.