PDA

View Full Version : The road to victory CUT TIME!

wongster
04-24-2006, 01:53 PM
Currently 6'0 230 15%BF

7am HITT for 15min empty stomach
7:30retrun home
8:15 eat 5egg whties 3/4c of oat meal. w/ mutli vit and flax
10:30 Muscle milk 22g (the small cartin type) of protein & 10almonds
1:00 7oz of Chicken or Salmon 1/3c of Jasmine Rice + flax oil
3:45 Sam as monring snack Muscke milk aand 10almonds
7:00 7oz of Chicken or Salmon 1/3c of Jasmine Rice + flax oil and mult vit
7:45 Gym for weights (duno if its a good idea to geat pre-wo shake might puke :D 2scoops duno yet)
8:30 post work out shake 2 scoops
11:30 1 scoop of whey in skim milk
12:00 SLEEP

what do ya'll think?? If you guys have advice for not eating before bed or cutting carbs after 4 or cardio on empty stomach AND ACTUALLY HAVE ACTUALLY TRIED CUTTING OUT AND SeEN ReSULTS and not reading forums here and their then please give me your input on this plan.

ovidiu
04-24-2006, 02:24 PM
Currently 6'0 230 15%BF

7am HITT for 15min empty stomach
7:30retrun home
8:15 eat 5egg whties 3/4c of oat meal. w/ mutli vit and flax
10:30 Muscle milk 22g (the small cartin type) of protein & 10almonds
1:00 7oz of Chicken or Salmon 1/3c of Jasmine Rice + flax oil
3:45 Sam as monring snack Muscke milk aand 10almonds
7:00 7oz of Chicken or Salmon 1/3c of Jasmine Rice + flax oil and mult vit
7:45 Gym for weights (duno if its a good idea to geat pre-wo shake might puke :D 2scoops duno yet)
8:30 post work out shake 2 scoops
11:30 1 scoop of whey in skim milk
12:00 SLEEP

what do ya'll think?? If you guys have advice for not eating before bed or cutting carbs after 4 or cardio on empty stomach AND ACTUALLY HAVE ACTUALLY TRIED CUTTING OUT AND SeEN ReSULTS and not reading forums here and their then please give me your input on this plan.

ok here's my 2 cents:
- you might want to rethink the whole cardio on a fasted state thing(http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=747976)
- try some casein + whey or just casein alone before bed
- add 1-2 egg yolks with the 8:15 meal
gl

EDIT:

AND ACTUALLY HAVE ACTUALLY TRIED CUTTING OUT AND SeEN ReSULTS and not reading forums

you SHOULD read the forums. if something works for someone it doesn't necesarily mean it will work for you. statistically, the're just as may guys who claim cardio on an empty stomach worked for them as those who claim the opposite. you'll probably get advice from guys belonging to each category.

matthor
04-24-2006, 03:19 PM
such as me - empty stomach works best for me - think i have told u in another thread how small my pre-WO meals are, but cardio i like to have nothign in me, cant stand even the slightest bloat.

try ur current HIIT cycle as stated and see how u feel, u might find urself drained, in which case some food bfo hand would be a good idea, u might find u are fine. experiment to find wat works for u

wongster
04-24-2006, 03:37 PM
Yea afte cardio i do feel alittle light headed and dull..... first time doing HITT found it damn challanging!!!! :D even though i can run a 5k fine

BTw try some casein + whey or just casein alone before bed.....

i said skim milk w/ whey

milk alreayd has casein and will slow down the digestive time. I also forgot to add that i have some snow peas or bell peppers with my lunch and dinner meals.

Also "matthor"... for HITT you dont find that after you wake up all early that you get sluggish and during the middle and end of HITT you run out of gas?? Btw if i do decide to eat before hand is water and 1 scoop of whey enough?? i wanna enhance the fat loss as much as possible.

also your body wont go directly into a catabolic state and eat your muscles up oviddiu.. it takes alot for the body to dip into protein as an energy soruce. Even though it will alittle it will be alot more from fat than muscle.

Btw matthor if you do HITT outside how do you warm up? This morning after i got done, my knees where killing me and the the sudden rush of blood filling my shins causedi a bit of painfrom all that intense sprinting :D

matthor
04-24-2006, 04:18 PM
i actually did a session this morning, so heres what i did.

woke up 6:30am, had maybe 400ml water then walked to my local oval at a brisk pace to get some blood moving (it is maybe 5min from my house) half way there i started a light jog - it was quite cold this morning so i wanted to warm up right

got to oval, did some basic warm up stuff, like knee/heel raised jogs, some side stepping running backwards just to make sure i was warm - then had a really good stretch 15 second hold for each one - i doubled up on calves, hamstrings, quads cos i played soccer 2 days ago and was a little tight.

Workout - did 2 laps at an easy pace to get blood moving after the stretch, then started my preferred outdoor HIIT session which is sprinting the straights of the oval then jogging the curve. i did 8 laps of this so 16 sprints, then did 2 laps slow pace but had a little extra in the tank so did a 70% effort for the 400m then another slow lap afterward.
then did some light exercises to cool sufficiently for another long stretch.

i felt fine during this session in its entirity - prolly the further i got into it the more pysched i became, hence the extra laps.

i really try to make sure i am warmed up well thru the above means to avoid injuries and also due to the tenderness from my game and the fact i have to back up to do legs tomo at gym :D

for me, a liquid meal other than some water would be too heavy in my stomach and i would bloat and be burping and feeling average as i trained so I WOULD avoid a protein shake pre-cardio, but u may handle it differently. if u really feel u need something in u, perhaps some almonds? they are an energy booster and are unlikely to fill u up too much to hinder ur performance.

do u have any post-cardio shake or meal other than ur breaky at 8:15? after a HIIT session ur body is crying for nutrients so maybe a whey shake w/ fruit to satisfy that, then ur breaky? im not positive about that one but im sure someone will correct me if wrong

hope i helped.
-thor

wongster
04-24-2006, 08:00 PM
Nice thor.... So you dont ever get fatigued during or after HITT? LoL Cus this morning was my first session and after i came home i fell to the ground cus guilty as charged i avoided cardio for 1 month and i really F**King regret that. The cold air burned my chest and my heart was going craazy. But it was fun :D Btw how do you get use to that damn cold air !! i also jog with shorts on cus i hate that sweaty leg feeling with sweats.

Also what do you do for sprints and jogs? 30second sprint 30 jog? or 40/40

Anyway As for the warm up I just joged once around the track prob 400m (its a park) but before the jog i did 2sets 10second hold of the following: calve stretch against the curb, standing 1 leg stertch standing head to knees, some neck strecthces, thats about it and then i began HITT. (to littel stretching?)
HIIT is freaking crazy i cant manage to keep up the same speed and strides as i do with the first 2-3 sprints how is it going for you since i presume you do HIIT everymorning or most?

Do you think i should do a 30sprint and 30walk beacuse my body isnt use to doing cardio yet :( beacuse HIIT is even more demanding than a 8mph 20min jog. But for now im going to go jog at night for around 20-25min for about a week to regain my aerobic capacity

Anyways heres a good site for where i got my HIIT info from http://www.musclemedia.com/training/hiit.asp tired of contradicting my self from what other people say (cardio on fasted state is bad; i feel it works 4 me even though i know every1s diffrent) And to your question that site says that you shouldnt eat 1hr or so after HIIT

Btw what are your stats atm? ever tryed cutting w/ HIIT as cardio? if so what wher your results :D

matthor
04-25-2006, 05:34 AM
Nice thor.... So you dont ever get fatigued during or after HITT?

haha, well yes, that is the intention of the activity :D but not so drained that i cant complete my planned workout, if that was happening i would have to think about some pre-run energy

Btw how do you get use to that damn cold air !! i also jog with shorts on cus i hate that sweaty leg feeling with sweats.

Also what do you do for sprints and jogs? 30second sprint 30 jog? or 40/40

i really am not liking the cold atm, my BF is getting quite low so i am feeling it extra bad, but just get moving and u warm up - i run in shorts but wear a very light training top over a long sleeve soccer shirt for warm up - then shed jacket when i start running.

my sprints are probably only 16sec intervals, due to the length of the track, but i cut the curve a bit short so i dont lose my heartrate before the next sprint - the distances are around 110-120m sprint, then a 60m jog - i go by distance not time

Anyway As for the warm up I just joged once around the track prob 400m (its a park) but before the jog i did 2sets 10second hold of the following: calve stretch against the curb, standing 1 leg stertch standing head to knees, some neck strecthces, thats about it and then i began HITT. (to littel stretching?)

i would suggest warming up a bit before u start stretching as it isnt too wise to stretch cold muscles - they just arent ready for it and it doesnt prepare them aswell for the activity u are about to subject them to. in my view, yes that is too little stretching, but i am a stretch-a-holic and am super cautious about injuries so i am biased - but that said, i would incorporate at least 1 solid stretch (15sec hold) for each muscle group in the legs (calves, hammies, quads, glutes - some ankle and knee extensions to get the tendions warm)

HIIT is freaking crazy i cant manage to keep up the same speed and strides as i do with the first 2-3 sprints how is it going for you since i presume you do HIIT everymorning or most?

i have actually been a bit slack lately but i do try and do it when possible - dont expect urself to keep the same pace as ur first sprint as u ARE going to get fatigued, the key i think is that the intensity u train at is constantly high for the sprints so ur heart rate is up constantly. after a while u will find ur speeds being more consistant - i think my 4-5 sprint and 15-16 sprints are my best, just cos i am really warmed up and have my stride lenght sussed out for the 4-5 and i am really pushing with everything i have left for my final 2

Do you think i should do a 30sprint and 30walk beacuse my body isnt use to doing cardio yet :( beacuse HIIT is even more demanding than a 8mph 20min jog. But for now im going to go jog at night for around 20-25min for about a week to regain my aerobic capacity

yea that would be ok, or just the length of the straight which should be around 100m and would take around ~15-16sec to do at a sprint but try to keep ur rest pace at a light jog as it is better for endurance and keeping ur heart rate up.

if u are really struggling then yea build some endurance up with jogs and increase the intensity of those jogs as u get fitter till u think u can handle doing the whole HIIT session.

Btw what are your stats atm? ever tryed cutting w/ HIIT as cardio? if so what wher your results :D

i am 5'10.5, 152lb, low BF, prolyl around 7-8 im not certain tho. i have gone from 83kg (182lbs to 152lbs in a cut since february - so some fairly serious weight loss as i put on a fair store of fat but gain muscle quite easily - wow first time i have actually calculated how much i ahve lost, fair bit :D). i have been incorporating HIIT into my cut aswell as lower intensity jogs/runs also i am a strong proponent of the morning walk :D which i do every morning i dont do a proper cardio.

also i walk 30min to-30min from work a night at decent pace, and work in a factory stacking boxes into a truck for 4 hrs a night combined with a very clean diet is how i have done it - this with weight sessions 3 times a week - im getting a digital camera soon, so will have some pics up shortly.

hope that helps
-thor

wongster
04-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Yea thor right now is getting freaking brutal! I just have to get accustomed to doing cardio ALL OVER AGAIN. My body is use to it all!!! This morning and last night doing HITT i get major cramps up the yin yang along my side (hurt like hell). I was only able to do about 7min of carido.

As of now though i think im going to try and regain my mental stamina (?) and finish a 30min jog like i use to. THen maybe start hit again. Think thats a good idea??? Or just do hitt for as long as i can then rest and jog for around 10min

matthor
04-25-2006, 02:22 PM
u really want to be getting out a decent duration HIIT session for it to be worthwhile, so if u re struggling too much then u arent goign to get that 'afterburn' - so yea, start jogging until u can build it up and really squeeze out some good HIIT sessions

-thor

matthor
04-25-2006, 04:25 PM
just one more thing - do u have a cool down and stretch AFTER ur run? that is very very important - dont ever skip that, u will regret it when u cant walk for 2 days afterwards :D

wongster
04-26-2006, 06:52 PM
yea.. still i get mini shin plits right above your ankle...... o well!

matthor
04-26-2006, 06:59 PM
train ur calves in the gym and do some ankle warm up exercises - also get good running shoes - when i ahvent run in a while i sometimes get shin splints

- a good exercise is just raising ur toe towards ur shin while sitting - cna eb done anytime and actually gets a terrific burn.

wongster
04-27-2006, 08:28 PM
i just want to inform you im not a complete novice >.< thanx for the concern. yea its my 4rth cardio session and i just hit my old record but im still crazy fatigued >.< should i get more comfortable w/ my cardio (the constant pace high intensity) before i move on to HITT??

also im scared to do HITT i dont think i can do the whole 15 =\