PDA

View Full Version : Slowing down Whey?

BloodandGuts02
12-02-2002, 01:50 PM
I want to make a good mrp for work. Do you think cottage
cheese or fat free milk is better to slow down whey"s absorbation?
Also what do you think about adding some oatmeal in there
as well. Will this slow it down? I don't have time to eat all
6 meals because of work.

Mark21087
12-02-2002, 02:12 PM
Yea, casein protein will slow it down to a point but it will still get digested faster.

coreman
12-02-2002, 02:44 PM
Are you cutting or bulking now?

If bulking then add cottage cheese, oats and a little flax oil or natty peanut butter.

If cutting then use cottage cheese along with the whey. Optional would be a small portion of healthy fats as listed above. Oats aren't necessary here.

Inzah Dude
12-02-2002, 03:44 PM
Milk wont slow it down unless you drink it long enough before u take the whey that it has enough time to gel in the stomach. If you take the milk and whey at the same time it won't slow down the whey at all.

Antonio
12-02-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by BloodandGuts02
I want to make a good mrp for work. Do you think cottage
cheese or fat free milk is better to slow down whey"s absorbation?
Also what do you think about adding some oatmeal in there
as well. Will this slow it down? I don't have time to eat all
6 meals because of work.

That's a good idea indeed.

Mix your whey with some low fat cottage cheese, flax oil and oatmeal. I make this mix sometimes and it works great. I use water to mix it and unless I'm home I use oatmeal in powder since it blends much better.

Kimchi604
12-02-2002, 07:28 PM
dosent it tasty a lil funky with cottage cheese and oatmeal?
i cant think of chocolate and cottage cheese flavor milkshake.. lol

Wiseblood
12-02-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Kimchi604
dosent it tasty a lil funky with cottage cheese and oatmeal?
i cant think of chocolate and cottage cheese flavor milkshake.. lol

sounds nasty

coreman
12-02-2002, 09:42 PM
It's tasty actually. Only thing is it can be a little gritty because of the oats. Your whey will add the flavor and if you need more sweetness then add some Splenda to the mix.

Valcore
12-03-2002, 03:29 AM
Cottage cheese, whey, oats and flax is what I have before bed.

I wouldn't reccomend using powdered oatmeal. The least refined carbohydrates the better. Powdered oatmeal is almost like using flour.

Also if you are 'cutting up' and you drop the oats from this meal then it would be best to have a side salad or vegetables with it to keep your metabolism running smooth.

coreman
12-03-2002, 07:29 AM
Hmm, never heard of powdered oatmeal anyway.

Babs
12-03-2002, 02:00 PM
too slow whey down eat some healthy fat an hour before your meal with 8 ounces of skim milk. Once these begin to gel in your stomach that will help slow the absorption because otherwise if it all goes down at the same time the whey just gets absorbed while the fats and milk begin to get digested.

LakeMountD
12-04-2002, 07:39 AM
i am on a bulking stage now... why would you add oats, fat free milk, cottage cheest, and/or peanut butter when taking whey? and why would you want to slow whey down?