PDA

View Full Version : Year round diet + Any guys not following the bulk and cut route?

FM2300
04-16-2006, 10:02 PM
Just curious if there is anyone out there whos slowly gaining mass without doing the whole bulk and cut cycle? If so, are you eating slightly above maintenance cals and what are you doing?

Also, what do you guys think of the following diet?
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KFY/is_10_21/ai_110733783

alexclark
04-16-2006, 10:54 PM
After going through a cutting phase in the past where I feel I lost way to much muscle, my weight dropped 10 lbs to 168. However, I enjoy the lower BF so I am trying to keep my bf % low. So far what's been effective at promoting new gains while limiting increase in fat has been a solid, unchanging eating routine that consists of eating different amounts depending on what I did during the day. I like to call it a "lean-bulk." If I worked hard (lifting/cardio) I shoot for a high amount of calories with an emphasis on carbs. On off-days I drop calories while lowering the carb levels and raising fat and protein for muscle maintenance. I always get at least 1.5g protein per lb. of my body weight. I include ALA, fish oil, BCAAs, and a multivitamin but no significant fat burners. I always have energy and feel alert and have noticed gains to 171 lbs. while keeping my bf % frozen. I've been doing this for five weeks and don't plan to change a thing.