PDA

View Full Version : oats

LMW
04-15-2006, 03:45 PM
i hear people talking about oats all the time. I want to add them to my shake for extra calories but i dotn know what kind of oats. i went to the grocery store today and only saw 1 minute instant oats and i have those at my house. i put them in a shake one time and it didnt blend at all it came out clumpy. can someone link me to the right kind of oats?

Sockomalo
04-15-2006, 03:49 PM
i hear people talking about oats all the time. I want to add them to my shake for extra calories but i dotn know what kind of oats. i went to the grocery store today and only saw 1 minute instant oats and i have those at my house. i put them in a shake one time and it didnt blend at all it came out clumpy. can someone link me to the right kind of oats?

those are the right oats, you got to put them in the blender to powder them, or you can try and find some oat flour, thats what i did, its just ground up oats

sugapablo
04-15-2006, 04:17 PM
Yeah, it's pretty simple. Everything you need to know about them is here:

http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshelf/foods_view/1,1523,73,00.html

I just found some organic whole oat flour at my local co-op for my morning shakes as I was just putting the whole oats in my blender and powdering them up anyways.

Should make life a lot simpler. :)

Goofxta
04-15-2006, 05:56 PM
Good link pablo. Reps for you.