PDA

View Full Version : Timing of fat consumption

soundcheck129
02-28-2008, 05:16 PM
I was just wondering, generally, when would be the best time to consume fats, or whether to try to evenly spread them out during the day. I usually work out in the afternoon - obviously I'm not taking them in my PWO, but what about after that? Or if I'm gonna have something high in saturated fat should I have it pre-WO? Breakfast?

Currently, I'm just having a little with each meal, and trying not to go overboard-but if I'm gonna have a cheat on the day, I'd like to know where to put it. Thanks.

soundcheck129
02-28-2008, 06:19 PM
Anyone? BTW, I'm on a no-cardio bulk, but I'm not trying to become a blimp either.

SonnabenD
02-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Spread it throughout the day except for the PWO meal. If you are gonna cheat, make it PWO or AM.

soundcheck129
02-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Not immediately PWO, you're talking the next meal right?

SonnabenD
02-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Cheat meals are ideal for PWO since all the non-fructonse crap carbs consumed will go to muscle recovery. Although high fat is not recommended for a PWO meal, the insulin spike can help a bit. Basicly, by cheating PWO you are minimizing the damage in that a smaller portion of the cheat meal is stored as body fat than at other times of the day.

Best time to cheat is definitely PWO, but normally you will just want a P/C meal with veggies/fruit with low to moderate healthy fats.

And yeah I was referring to the first meal after workout.

TheNormalMan
02-28-2008, 07:23 PM
I eat the majority of my fats in the second half of the day. Typically in my last three meals of the day such as a few eggs, a couple tablespoons of olive oil, some peanuts or peanut butter, etc.

soundcheck129
02-28-2008, 07:28 PM
Alright, thanks for clearin that up. Now that we're on the subject, how about cheat days in general? If I'm gonna have a cheat day once a week, should I make it on a day that I'm hitting the gym?