PDA

View Full Version : Yogurt (plain flavor only??)

JustDontDie
04-08-2006, 12:51 PM
I like vanilla yogurt but plain yogurt seems a little vile. Is there much of a negative difference from one to the other??

lea869
04-08-2006, 01:01 PM
well, the difference between the plain and flavored yogurts is basically just sugar. normal flavored yogurt has quite a bit.
i like vanilla too, and dannon light n fit makes a sugar-free version. if you have problems with splenda, dont use it- i guess you could make your own vanilla by adding vanilla extract to plain and whatnot.
hope this was helpful.

saw14
04-08-2006, 02:37 PM
plain yogurt plus whey protein...nice

plain yogurt plus sf preserves/syrups...nice

plain yogurt plus dijion mustard...nice

plain yogurt plus cinnamon and splenda...nice

plain yogurt...nice!

otis691
04-08-2006, 02:39 PM
i like to add a little bit of honey to my yogurt.. and it makes a world of difference

WheelsCan
04-08-2006, 03:23 PM
Plain yogurt has really grown on me.

I smoke a little pot from time to time and nothing cools the throat like some nice cold yogurt. Infact the cooling effect is so nice that yogurt is one of my favorite foods now.

I found some 5% plain yogurt that was almost as good as ice cream. It had a lot of saturated fat which might be why it tasted so damn good.

rob86
04-08-2006, 04:50 PM
I add fresh strawberries and a banana cut up in mine. Tastes wonderful!

JustDontDie
04-08-2006, 06:23 PM
plain yogurt plus whey protein...nice

plain yogurt plus sf preserves/syrups...nice

plain yogurt plus dijion mustard...nice

plain yogurt plus cinnamon and splenda...nice

plain yogurt...nice!
Did you say dijion mustard and yogurt?

Christ. Nasty.

haha

Thanks for the suggestions. Any others out there?? Also, has anyone tried putting grape nuts or wheat germ in their yogurt?? That rules... especially the grape nuts

saw14
04-09-2006, 04:37 AM
Did you say dijion mustard and yogurt?

Christ. Nasty.

haha

Thanks for the suggestions. Any others out there?? Also, has anyone tried putting grape nuts or wheat germ in their yogurt?? That rules... especially the grape nuts
try it, youd be surpirsed. yogurt while typically a sweeter food consumed, due to the fruit flavoring makes a wonderful accompaniment to any sort of meal.

lea869
04-09-2006, 04:50 AM
try it, youd be surpirsed. yogurt while typically a sweeter food consumed, due to the fruit flavoring makes a wonderful accompaniment to any sort of meal.

kindof like CC. versatile. and magically delicious.

ab-swing asianbabe
04-09-2006, 05:57 AM
if plain yoghurt is a bit vile for you - mix it with some cottage cheese - add in some butter (i like almond butter, but pb also works) and drizzle sugar free maple syrup - yum

mustard and yoghurt... I will have to try that
although minted yoghurt and tandoori chicken is also good =)

rob86
04-09-2006, 06:47 AM
if plain yoghurt is a bit vile for you - mix it with some cottage cheese - add in some butter (i like almond butter, but pb also works) and drizzle sugar free maple syrup - yum

mustard and yoghurt... I will have to try that
although minted yoghurt and tandoori chicken is also good =)
Just curious.. why do you call it yoghurt? Is that another name for it?

boyscouT
04-09-2006, 07:40 AM
Just curious.. why do you call it yoghurt? Is that another name for it?

She made an honest mistake. She meant yogurt, all three times.

ab-swing asianbabe
04-09-2006, 10:46 AM
She made an honest mistake. She meant yogurt, all three times.

YogHurt is how it is spelt in the land down under, but robpro its the same thing =)

Bs you are wrong, i usually don't make the same mistake three times ><

foretwoone
04-09-2006, 11:21 AM
Telling people how to eat there food is tough because we all have different tastes. Add in whatever kind of fruit you like, or rather whatever kind of food you like. I like strawberries and rasberries so i add them in, not at the same time tho, eww gross. If you really cant stand it that way then just buy the dannon non-fat singles. They come in a bunch of flavors and there only like $.75

boyscouT
04-09-2006, 02:16 PM
Bs you are wrong, i usually don't make the same mistake three times ><
Thank goodness... three times or more would mean you need some professional help. ;).

ripped_holla
04-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Plain yogurt is pretty vile...I'm a fan of the Dannon Light 'n Fit strawberry, it's sweetened with sucralose (splenda) and has like 15g carbs/9g protein in one cup.

ab-swing asianbabe
04-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Thank goodness... three times or more would mean you need some professional help. ;).

Well when i need help i'll know who not to ask

boyscouT
04-09-2006, 05:24 PM
Well when i need help i'll know who not to ask

There is much love in this thread, can ya feel it?

ab-swing asianbabe
04-09-2006, 05:32 PM
read my sig ;)

boyscouT
04-10-2006, 03:18 AM
read my sig ;)

This is when you say "BURN!"