PDA

View Full Version : Bad protein.

IwishIwasAninja
04-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Well about 3 months ago I bought a $50 bag of ON whey protein, and when I first got it, I tried opening it, but the zip lock seal pealed away from the bag, so you couldn't seal the f*cking bag! Well, I used bag clips to keep it closed, but I don't think it worked, I am close to finished with the bag, and the whey is starting to taste funny. Should I throw it out, or finish it off?

I am ****ing pissed off at ON for making cheap quality bags. I have a buddy who's bag did this too.

lea869
04-07-2006, 05:01 PM
couldnt you put it into another or several other containers, like tupperware or your owm ziplock bags?
just a thought...

garbage cutters
04-07-2006, 05:02 PM
unless it is in in a hot/damp area protein powder will usually last up to 2 years after purchase..i could be wrong but the expiration dates on protein powder are always like 1-1.5 years from the date u purchase

IwishIwasAninja
04-07-2006, 05:49 PM
couldnt you put it into another or several other containers, like tupperware or your owm ziplock bags?
just a thought...
I could, but 10 lbs of protein is a lot when you start seperating it.

I thought that the potato chip bag clips would work, and am starting to wonder if they did.

brendanm
04-07-2006, 05:56 PM
Well about 3 months ago I bought a $50 bag of ON whey protein, and when I first got it, I tried opening it, but the zip lock seal pealed away from the bag, so you couldn't seal the f*cking bag! Well, I used bag clips to keep it closed, but I don't think it worked, I am close to finished with the bag, and the whey is starting to taste funny. Should I throw it out, or finish it off?

I am ****ing pissed off at ON for making cheap quality bags. I have a buddy who's bag did this too.

mannnnn i almost wrote them an email about this, it is BULL****. three of the 5 bags i have bought from them has had the plastic piece of **** peel right off. The first bag i wasted half a f*cking bag when i went away and come back and the bag was open. My current bag has the same damn problem, i have two clips on it though... such bull**** paying $90 CDN for a bag of whey and the ziplock on the bag is a piece of ****.

ironstrife
04-07-2006, 06:12 PM
sometimes flavoring can be uneven throughout.. try shaking the bag see if that helps..