Today (sinceI had off from school)
I woke up and did cardio

then at ~6:30 pm
I lifted weights, and did mroe cardio

both sessions were a mile each

Is that good?
Or would 2 miles at once be better?

And would this be good for fat burning?
Glycogen(sp?) should be down on both (morning depletion and after weight depletion)

Homegrown25
11-26-2002, 01:33 PM
I dont know what pace your running but, a mile should only take about 10 minutes for someone who is not an experienced runner and it sounds to me like your not. So you did about 10 minutes of cardio right? IMO you need atleast 25 minutes per session to burn fat. The fat burning doesnt usually start until after 12-15 minutes from the studies I have read.

Malgavito
11-26-2002, 09:14 PM
So one long session is better?

jonnyboy92110
11-27-2002, 02:50 PM
1 long session is deffinitly better, in terms of burning fat. if you were trying to get your 1 mile time down, then i'd understand why you would do two all out to exhaustion miles each day.

but, since i assume your trying to loose fat, you should be doing longer sessions of cardio. some people don't like running for cardio because they can't run for more than a mile or two. if you can run for 30 minutes, that's great. if not, hit the excercise bike.

fat burning doesn't really start (from what i've read) til 25 minutes into your cardio.

good luck

jp

Malgavito
11-27-2002, 02:56 PM
thanks man,
When you go to sleep does the fatburning stop?

Homegrown25
11-27-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Malgavito
So one long session is better?

Definately, like jonnyboy said. But, if your not an experienced runner use the stairmaster, bike, or elliptical machines for your cardio and work up to 3-4 miles a session. I started at 2 miles a day and now I do 5-7 miles a session 3 times a week. My pace is usually around 8 minutes for the first 3 then it slows to about 9 minutes for the remainder. HG

Homegrown25
11-27-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Malgavito
thanks man,
When you go to sleep does the fatburning stop?

Fatburning will stop for sleep but, your still burning carbs anytime your heart is pumping and your organs are functioning. HG