PDA

View Full Version : I need some help, anyone?

RyanCollins
04-04-2006, 10:15 AM
Okay, here is my deal: I'm 19 years old, used to play ice Hockey for 13 years and have now become lazy (I'm in college, haha). I'm 5'11" and weigh approximately 215 lbs. My waist is a 38-40, and it's quite the gut. I'm starting to get some major man-boobage action going on. In other words, I'm becoming a fat, lazy piece of ****. Hahaha.

I need help. I am going to Hawaii this June and I want a TOTAL transformation. I've been surfing these forums for weeks now and this place knows what to do.

Dieting will be hard cause I'm poor, in an apartment and my work schedule is messed up, so eating alot will be a tough challenge, possible impossible.

Anyone suggest any dietary supplements? I was going to start out with a nice and easy weight lifting plan that focuses more on muscle endurance (more reps/lower weight) than strength and body mass. I want to slim up and just like healthy. I'm actually pretty miserable right now and want a complete change.

Somebody help, if this could be done in 2-3 months, I'd love it. Please?

nithos
04-04-2006, 10:28 AM
If money is tight, forget about supplements, worry about getting 6 quality whole food meals a day.

bicyclobutane
04-04-2006, 10:32 AM
If money is tight, a candy bar can replace a meal, it's a good 250 calories. Good preworkout meal I think.

RyanCollins
04-04-2006, 10:33 AM
Do you suggest Red Acid by CL?

AphtaLyfe
04-04-2006, 11:14 AM
2-3 months is not long enough for a complete healthy transformation.

You could drop your calorie intake extremely low and do cardio + light lifting if all you want is to lose fat. (You'll lose quite a bit of muscle too)

Good Luck

nithos
04-04-2006, 11:21 AM
2-3 months is not long enough for a complete healthy transformation.
You can make a pretty drastic (healthy) transformation in 3 months going from lazy to dedicated gym rat. Plus, with his stats, I am assuming he only needs to drop 15-20 pounds to be fit/lean.

KeepintheFaith
04-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Well, I wouldn't totally throw the supplements out. The suggested bottom line of supplements are: A good multi-vitamin (look for time released variety), essential fatty acids (efa's-fish oil in stores for example-pretty cheap), and whey protein powder (useful especially as a shake when you have finished working out or to bolster your protein content if you can't get it through foods). I am not an expert (yet :-)) ) on the subject, but I would invest my money into those products befroe I bought the Red Acid. You may do that later, but my understanding is that most who take it don't start out using it. Otherwise, you are heading in the right direction by recognizing that you want to change and seeking assistance on this forum. Keep pressing forward in the right direction and you will make it to your goal!

nithos
04-04-2006, 11:30 AM
Do you suggest Red Acid by CL?With your current situation, no. $30 can buy a lot of chicken.

arose70
04-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Why are you going to focus on muscle endurance? I'd say stick to lower reps/high weights and compoud lifts...you'll boost your metabolism as well as get some muscle due to newbie gains. Best of both worlds :)

qw3r
04-04-2006, 01:45 PM
for the dead broke:

efa (NOW omega-3)
green tea extract (NOW egcg)
multivitamin (NOW ADAM)
whey protein (ON 100% and dymatize elite)
oats, eggs, milk, and meat

lift weights 4-6 times a week
chest-back-rest-shoulders-arms-legs-rest

thats really all it takes to transform yourself imho.

RyanCollins
04-04-2006, 02:02 PM
Okay, so I'm not as broke as you people think. I am starting out with Lipo-6, I've heard different opinions on it, if it works, great, if it doesn't, oh well. I'm going to get some Whey Protein as well as some EFA.

For shakes with whey protein, what would you recommend being the best recipe?

I'm going to start out lifting weights 3 times a week (because I don't want to go hard into it and get muscle inflammation), and do some cardio at the end of the workout (light cardio). And inbetween those 3 days, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, do 60 miles on a stationary bike (upright one, now the sitting back one).

Sound good? And of course I'm going to get some Chicken, veggies, I got plenty of eggs already.

Anything else anyone recommend? Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to keep you guys up to date with how my transformation goes on my goal to get fit before Hawaii.

arose70
04-04-2006, 02:48 PM
For shakes with whey protein, what would you recommend being the best recipe?
Water + whey = :)

Do what you must for lifting but after a couple of weeks I'd recommend getting into heavier weights gradually. Just my opinion. Steady diet will be your best friend with your transformation. good luck!

RyanCollins
04-04-2006, 02:54 PM
What is all ths talk about ECA stacks, AMP/HEAT stacks? I'm extremely new to this so I'm going to be slow and need some explanation.

Anyone mind explaing it to me?

arose70
04-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Honestly, it will make little difference. starting to lift after a period of being off should give you some great fat loss for which you don't need a fat burner. Focus on your diet, that is the best burner.

RyanCollins
04-04-2006, 03:25 PM
How would you guys recommend preparing chicken?

KeepintheFaith
04-04-2006, 03:41 PM
There are other ways, but what I do is get some of the boneless/skinless breast (tenderloins are even better, but cost a bit more) and cook them up in a pan with a dash of cooking spray to keep them from sticking. I imagine using olive oil is okay too, but make sure you cook them throughout. It still shouldn't take long doing that though.

Gargantua14
04-04-2006, 05:38 PM
in like 4 months (actually less than 2 of real cutting) ive dropped like 8% bf and gotten soo much more muscle. I eat really clean, most of the time, and just make sure to get alot of protein and low carbs. fats really arent all that important, as long as u dont get fries and burgers. try to think of of a protein to carb ratio to evaluate the food you eat.

i do at least 45 minutes of cardio everyday, and kick my butt in the gym 3-4 times a week. ive gained muscle, not lost any. if u do it right u dont have to lose any. although u are trying to do it very quickly, so u probably lose some.

if i were u i would get on creatine ethyl ester, like Mass Cycle by Fizogen, and a good multi like animal pak. never lighten up your lifting because of cardio. if ur too tired from lifting to do stairs or elliptyical then ur not motivated enough.

get a lifting partner if u dont have one, and do alot of compound exercises, like squat and deadlift. compound exercises use more muscles and therefore burn more fat and allow u to move more weight and get bigger at the same time.

RyanCollins
04-04-2006, 08:58 PM
I'm making a grocery list for a meal plan, anyone want to help me make a meal plan?

So far on my list, I have:

Whole Wheat bread
Oats/Oatmeal
Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breasts
Brown Rice
Green Veggies
Natural Peanut Butter
Gallon Jug of Water

What do you people recommend I pick up?

KeepintheFaith
04-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Hey, you could add some low fat cottage cheese, fat free milk (although it does have a fair amount of sugar-use cautiously), turkey breast (the kind you cook), tuna fish, shrimp, salmon (just be wary of the extra's you mix in with these seafoods if you use any), beef jerky, and eggs (I use egg beaters myself, but eggs are good too in moderation). I'll add to your list more later as I think about some, but the nutrition forum has a lot of good food info too!

arose70
04-05-2006, 11:57 AM
fruit??!?!?!? Where's the fruit? I am a fruit-o-holic though so maybe you don't want a ton but a few apples wouldn't hurt ;).

Eggs are awesome like KeepintheFaith said and you could also pick up some walnuts.

Don't get the oatmeal in the package...stick to the quick oats or steel cut oats. And make sure your Whole Wheat Bread is 100% whole grain and has no HFCS in it.

Gargantua14
04-05-2006, 06:00 PM
get a couple cartons of egg whites. if thats too hard to eat by itself mix like 1 cup of egg whites with 1 egg. after a while ull swear its actually better than regular eggs.

fruit is just extra carbs. once u get lean enough to add more carbs, then do it, but for a month or two dont have too much fruits and veggies.

i know people are gonna say im stupid... lol

qw3r
04-05-2006, 06:16 PM
How would you guys recommend preparing chicken?

two chicken breasts after 13 minutes in a foreman grill are just fine with me. splash on hot sauce afterwards and eat with a big bowl of broccoli and you are good to go.

if my sig is too complex for you, you are never going to make it :)