PDA

View Full Version : Concerning the 40/40/20 ratio... question.

rxghost
02-24-2008, 08:02 PM
ok so i currently weigh about 157 lbs...

157 x 11 = 1727 calories (this should be my range for weight loss).

well i have about 1750 cals a day.

anyways after doing the calculations i should be having...

175 grams of protein
175 grams of carbs
39 grams of fat

this along with 3 -4 days of lifting and some inclined cardio should give me fairly good results right?

Up till now, i've been eating pretty healthy (i'm a vegetarian so i've been eating alot of veggie burgers, etc.) but my weight loss has been incredibly slow.. i've only lost about 3 lbs since january.

sokrispy
02-24-2008, 08:07 PM
I would say up the calories and up the cardio if you're not losing as fast as you'd like.

Destret
02-24-2008, 08:08 PM
i have the same macros on my cut diet , rock on.

except i eat 1500 cals with a basal of 1870 and gym 6 times a wk

Feny
02-24-2008, 08:09 PM
2 things... y try to cut weight at 157?

2nd... do some research... why are you eating so many carbs if you're trying to lose weight.. oh and being a vegitarian isn't going to help your cutting any.... especially if you want to keep the little muscle you have

rxghost
02-24-2008, 08:16 PM
2 things... y try to cut weight at 157?

2nd... do some research... why are you eating so many carbs if you're trying to lose weight.. oh and being a vegitarian isn't going to help your cutting any.... especially if you want to keep the little muscle you have

well i used to be about 230 lbs .. i lost the weight through 1000 calorie diets, yo-yo dieting, etc... and now i basically have very little muscle, but a good amount of belly fat.. i've lost all the fat except in my stomach area. i'm still at about 20% bodyfat @ 157 lbs.

vegetarian is a lifestyle i enjoy and it's for religious reasons as well... plus, i get enough protein from soy products, tofu, eggs, muscle milk, etc.. I'm not looking to build much muscle. My main goal is to lose the fat completely though.

eating too many carbs? huh?

billyblanks
02-24-2008, 08:25 PM
man forget about cuttin, bulk up muscle and then cut ,you'll look better then just cutting with no muscle

rxghost
02-24-2008, 08:31 PM
well i am lifting and doing light cardio.. so i'm pretty sure that i'll get a decent amount of muscle as long as my diet is in order. i'm not looking to get 'big'..

Feny
02-25-2008, 06:29 AM
well i used to be about 230 lbs .. i lost the weight through 1000 calorie diets, yo-yo dieting, etc... and now i basically have very little muscle, but a good amount of belly fat.. i've lost all the fat except in my stomach area. i'm still at about 20% bodyfat @ 157 lbs.

vegetarian is a lifestyle i enjoy and it's for religious reasons as well... plus, i get enough protein from soy products, tofu, eggs, muscle milk, etc.. I'm not looking to build much muscle. My main goal is to lose the fat completely though.

eating too many carbs? huh?

yea... basically... anything that spikes your insulin causes fat gain... so cut out anything that would digest in your body too fast... Sugars are terrible, and are basically responcible for fat gain...

Jack_the_Repper
02-25-2008, 07:20 AM
Well what kind of cardio are you doing... you first said inclined amount... then you said light. I'd recommend, from what i can tell about you so far, that you increase the intensity and duration of your cardio training. Try some sprint intervals. As far as the diet, its true about carbs... cut more out and you'll see the weight come off a lot quicker.

rainieravesouth
02-25-2008, 09:09 AM
i have the same macros on my cut diet , rock on.

except i eat 1500 cals with a basal of 1870 and gym 6 times a wk

you're supposed to eat below maintenance, not below BMR.

Maintenance = BMR x activity level

mpipes
02-25-2008, 10:27 AM
You're not eating too many carbs if you're burning them off with exercise, but that's the trick, you gotta kick some butt when you exercise. I eat 3X that many carbs but I burn 'em off!

terracotta
02-25-2008, 10:45 AM
How tall are you?

I don't like the 40/40/20 for dieting, it puts fats way too low. I prefer to shift it so it's 25-30% fats.